PDA

View Full Version : Still Leaking...........Help!!!

Magnus1028
10-24-2001, 06:42 PM
Ok Guys my retro valve is still leaking. I replaced the powertube o ring and re-oiled it. I also put the smallest powertube spacer (215). But the thing still leaks down the barrel. Can anyone tell me what I can do to stop the leaking, I called AGD but the tech guys are at the World Cup till Monday. I'm playing this Sat.
Thanks

DRAGONSLAYER
10-24-2001, 07:11 PM
This is a long shot, but, try longer pt spacer, I tried all of them in my pack. And, what bolt are you useing? If its not AGD, try a stock bolt. Don't know if this helps or not...sorry.:(

X-Plosive
10-24-2001, 10:41 PM
Are you sure it's down thebarrel and not around the triggerframe? if so it's the on/off assembly but seriously if you have tried all the spacers and you're possitive it is down the barrel you are in a bind.

gadget68
10-25-2001, 05:50 AM
When I first purchased my retro-valve I had the leaking down the barrel problem also. My problem though had nothing to do with spacers, o-rings or oil. The problem was that I had a preset (HPA) tank with a KAPP DZII drop forward. By screwing in my tank and turning the on/off adapter,I was not getting the burst of instant 850 psi pressure to set the valve. My tank continued to leak down the barrel everytime. I finally purchased a "Pro-Connect" and used that to give the valve that instant PSI. The Valve catches everytime and no more leaks. I hope this helps.

Bartleby
10-25-2001, 07:08 AM
definitly check the bolt. i've had leaking problems with my mag every time i tried to get a new bolt. but i always went right back to the stock which i never had a problem with.

Magnus1028
10-25-2001, 06:06 PM
At first I thought the leaking was coming from the trigger frame but I doubled checked with my wife and its coming from the barrel. The bolt is the stock one that came with the unit.
X-PLOSIVE I've noticed that the valve is kind of loss on the triggerframe. That does not look right to me. Should I send it to AGD?
Thanks

X-Plosive
10-25-2001, 06:18 PM
the valve is kind of what on the triggerframe? Here's a longshot but do you have a rail bushing in your body rail? It would be causing the valve to back out. You can e-mail me if you need to troubleshoot it.

kilaueakid
10-25-2001, 11:03 PM
I think gadget is definately right. With RT's/ Retro-valve, the valve needs to be charged with full pressure. My old RT did this before I put the pro/connect on. What type of tank are you using? Try another tank that has an on/off on it if posible.
kila

Magnus1028
10-26-2001, 02:32 PM
I'm using 4500psi Nitro Duck

Magnus1028
10-26-2001, 02:34 PM
Its not a pre set tank. I can adjust the out put pressure. Which I've set to 800psi.

froggie
10-26-2001, 03:29 PM
Greetings Magnus1028,

I had the exact same problem with my Retro-Valve the first time I installed it. If the leak is fairly loud then the problem is most likely that you need an on/off switch so that you can hit the vavle with the required pressure. A temporary solution that worked for me was to use a Crayola marker to hold the bolt down while I screwed in my nitro tank. This allowed the valve enough time to gas up and allow the sear to catch onto the bolt. A little awkward but it worked. If the leak you have is fairly quiet then it may be a possible crack in the power-feed tube which AGD will repair for you. Hope this helps!

Magnus1028
10-26-2001, 06:16 PM
Thanks, but I run a remote system and I have a quick disconnect. So I don't screw in my tank. When I hold the triiger down it stops leaking(thats with the 215 powertube spacer).When I put the longer spacer and hold the trigger down it still leaks.