PDA

View Full Version : IL/MO Paintball players, need some help

NJPaint
08-31-2004, 10:27 AM
I just moved to St. Louis to attend Washington University. I am trying to get a paintball team going/spark some interest. My long term aims are to have a tournament team that can compete and then just have a rec club attached onto it. I was wondering if people in the area (around St. Louis) could recommend fields that they play at/are near by. I want to try to set something up with the owners so that Wash U students can get a slight break on prices (college students after all), but they are guarenteed Wash U business.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Skoad
08-31-2004, 01:44 PM
Yo.

I go to Univ of Missouri-Rolla. About hour and half outside of st louis.

Field choices are:

www.gatewaypaintball.com
www.mcpaintball.com
Wacky Warriors - not sure on website
Bushwhackers - also not sure (located in Eureka)

Gateway is nice 1 airball, 1 hyperball, few other speedball fields, 2-3 woods. Usually where we go since is 15 to play and byop, also we know some sponsered guys from there (they are in our paintball club).

I've heard wacky used to work with regulars and groups to get price breaks but we haven't been there in a long time.

Maybe we can do some UMR vs WashU practice sometime :)

btw our website - http://web.umr.edu/~umrpball (me on the cover :D )

Muzikman
08-31-2004, 01:47 PM
NJ, I think you might want to change your sig, not only does it show poor taste, but I am sure it is against rules here on AO.

OhMyAMoose
08-31-2004, 04:00 PM
I just moved to St. Louis to attend Washington University. I am trying to get a paintball team going/spark some interest. My long term aims are to have a tournament team that can compete and then just have a rec club attached onto it. I was wondering if people in the area (around St. Louis) could recommend fields that they play at/are near by. I want to try to set something up with the owners so that Wash U students can get a slight break on prices (college students after all), but they are guarenteed Wash U business.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Wash U? Dang, you should sell your paintball stuff so you can pay for school.
Anyways, I am at SMS (in Springfield). But no, I dont know any paintball places in the St.L. area.

sig11
08-31-2004, 04:06 PM
If you want to go to IL there are several good fields. None of which have web sites. ;) If you decide you want to make the trip to IL I can name a few places you might want to check out, but you'd be looking at about an hour from WU.

Lee

AGDlover
08-31-2004, 04:29 PM
ask wantamag he lives in ST. Louis but if ya wanna go and really ball it up take a trip to the chicago land area around where AGD is they got 2 of the best fields ever Badlandz(smells like crap if you go there after it rains) and TK's home field Country club paintball

Chronobreak
08-31-2004, 04:34 PM
think i might be the closest ;) im in fenton/st.louis county. i dont exactly know where wash u is i assume its in teh cisty which is only about 20 min from me hwy. where do u play at?
theres x-treme paintball park, bushwackers,gateway, those are the best probly theres alot of fields around the area but some SUCK soon as my gun gets back we should meet up and ball.

--edit for spelling

sig11
08-31-2004, 04:59 PM
theres x-treme paintball park, bushwackers,gateway, those are the best probly theres alot of fields around the area but some SUCK soon as my gun gets back we should meet up and ball.

I used to play in Belleville at Planet Paintball. Awesome place, but they just sort-of disappeared. You're talking about the x-treme thats in IL right? Sorta near the big Wacky field in Wentzville?

Diesel
08-31-2004, 05:08 PM
www.xtremepaintballpark.com

It's in Milstadt, IL. Not as far as you're thinking and probably one of, if not THE closest to you from Wash U. It takes me about 20-25 minutes to get there from your area. Check it out.

Chronobreak
08-31-2004, 05:20 PM
yes its the on in IL by the wacky field. sal owns it he just also happens to live about 8 houses away from me :D so we can go p-ball his house anytime :ninja: j/j....

NJPaint
08-31-2004, 06:12 PM
NJ, I think you might want to change your sig, not only does it show poor taste, but I am sure it is against rules here on AO.

Given that Rooster's sig labels me as a terrorist because of my race, I hardly find that it is in poor taste. It is simply a quote of a member here.

Muzikman
08-31-2004, 06:33 PM
So two wrongs make a right huh? I thought you were a college student. But I'll leave it as that and stop hijacking your thread.

can'tthink of1
08-31-2004, 08:11 PM
I'm in Webster Groves/STL, I've heard gateway is nice, X-treme over in IL is nice, and then there is top dog. Those are the good feilds IMO. Been to Xtreme and Top Dog, both great feids. Gateway is next up on my list to try.

wantamag, I don't think bushwackers is that good though. buts thats me. Maybe once they get some new speedball feids up and running it should get better.

Chronobreak
08-31-2004, 08:14 PM
its pretty clsoe to me so i ref there thats why i recommended it. its more of a rec field but not too bad. and yes it should be ALOT better assuming they get that x-ball going up soon. theyve been bulldozing the lot and are about ready for it but things seem to be moving slowly. but if it all works out it wil be the only x-ball field for atleast 3 hours :D

sarpadian
08-31-2004, 09:17 PM
Out of the places that I have been in the STL area I would say that X-treme would be your best bet. I would talk to the owner, Sal, and see what you can work out. In the area you also have:

Gateway Paintball
Wacky Warriors (Wentzville and Millstat)
Meramac Challenge Paintball
Top Dog Paintball
Bulldog Front Paintball
Bushwackers
Fearless Fighters

tony3
08-31-2004, 09:33 PM
So two wrongs make a right huh?

Of course they do :D

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
08-31-2004, 11:05 PM
NJ, welcome to illinois...have fun making it to the ao-il days though :p nice LONG drive north

JuggaloDave
08-31-2004, 11:45 PM
a lil ways from me here in ofallon is the best feild ever. its called topdawg, i dont know of the site off hand, but you can look it up on pbreveiw.com they have a big supair feild up now from what im told, and the crowd is super cool.
wacky, at least in wentzville is hit or miss, sometimes these lil kids show up with the 10pod turtle packs and shoot evo cockers will ruin your day, cause they sit in the back an talk **** to the ppl who are actually doing something. the feilds are ok, but they are not really taken care of vary well, the guys who usually do open play have shown up late more than once, and they take there sweet *** time getting things going sometimes. sometimes its awsome there, and i will play there over gateway anyday, but it has its faults for sure.
gateway just sucks. the crowds i have played with have been crap cause its usually the ppl who know the owners on one team, plus anyone in a jersy and/or nice gun vs, so you eather win easy, or get slaughtered all day. the walk to the ravine is long, which is ****ty on a hot day. the refs tend to not care whats going on, cause they spend 20min+ inbetween games watching football, and so many ppl go there the lines can be long, ive missed games cause i was waiting in line for air, then they gave my gun to some other kid and didnt even hesitait, they stuck it out there and some kid grabed it, i was like wtf ***** gimme that. the feilds are decent though, they have a sup air sapposedly, but ive never seen it, they say its out on nice days but...yeah. they also have tendancy to not split up the open play groups untill everyone starts to ***** about it alot.
i have heard good stuff about xtreme, but i wontplay there because they are affiliated with xtreme paintball in st. peters, and they ripped me off and i refuse to ever shop there ever again, or go to that feild.
top dog is just awsome though. they have some good feilds, but they only have like 3, the urban, a sup air, woods that noone ever plays lol, and then they had a feild called duck with alot of really low bunkers, and a speedball feild, but the wall sepparating the 2 fell, so now its one really cool feild, and you will usually play half feild on the speedball area. all the ppl there are nice though, and if you wanna 1on1 somebody, get a ref or someone to act as ref, and ask if its cool, and they will usually let ya. and if ppl get tired of waiting on the ref, they usually just walk out on the feild, and the reff gets the idea lol. deffinatly a cool place

now keep in mind i havent played seince febuary, so wacky and gateway may have gotten better, but i have played at both for around 4 years, and not much has changed(including gateway, who promised a gang of feilds cause they have all this land, and yeah, the only thing they have change is the reveine feild has trenches now)

Shane-O-Mac
09-01-2004, 10:11 AM
Well, Xtreme in Il, does have an X-ball field. and 7 other fields including 2 woods fields, and 1 Castle field. No one really uses the wooded fields much, but 2 weeks ago we played on the small wooded field and i remebered how much fun it is. Also, at Xtreme, you find lots of pumpgun players, as the team Total Greif is based there, and they promote fun tourneys and pump gun play. Talk to Sal and tell him i sent ya, he WILL work out a deal for a college paintball team. His son plays on the Mizzou team, and they practice there occasionaly.

Shane-O

NJPaint
09-01-2004, 12:33 PM
Thanks guys, I'm calling a few places to see what kinds of deals places can cut me. Also have a meeting with the School, to find out funding and organizing.

Tack
09-01-2004, 01:55 PM
Battle Creek Paintball in Kingdom City is probably a bit far to drive for day to day play, but we are working on a 7 man team that will be hitting the super 7 circuit next season. If you are able to get things going email me or pm me here and we can try to set up some games for practice and such.

Check out www.battlecreekpaintball.com for the field info. We don't have a team site up yet but our name is Twisted Battalion. We are set up right now to run 2, 5 man teams, 1, 7 or 1, 10 man team.

Shives
09-01-2004, 02:58 PM
Though originally from the St. Louis area, the wife and I have been out and about for many years. Back now, and settled in for good I think.
We actually live spitting distance from Maremac Challange's field, though I have not made it out to play there yet. I am looking to play more often again, but need a little motivation (ie fun people to play w/ regularly. Not looking for a tourney team, just a group to rec w/. Drop me a line anytime.

I do have a firnd of the wife's family who hosts a yearly charity paintball event here in St. Louis. It raises money for Children's Hospital. I think it is the 18th of Sept. Drop me a line and I'll email you the details. IT was fun last year despitew the rain;)

Shives

Iron Mag13
09-01-2004, 04:58 PM
Hey i live in O'fallon Il. its about 15 mins or 30 to st.louis. its near the AFB base. and there is a park called Xtreme paintball park near WacyWarriors down the road in fact...if that gives any help.

NJPaint
09-14-2004, 07:58 PM
up, anyone else know anywhere? I'm also looking for an indoor facility for this winter.

Chronobreak
09-14-2004, 08:09 PM
theres a palce called spaltinum. not sure of the exact location or anyhting im trying to find awebsite but i cant. i beelve its indoor.

143Paul
09-15-2004, 11:41 AM
www.xtremepaintballpark.com

It's in Milstadt, IL. Not as far as you're thinking and probably one of, if not THE closest to you from Wash U. It takes me about 20-25 minutes to get there from your area. Check it out.

The owner of extreme will help you out. Ask for Sal - Also there is a great rec team there (Total Greif) - I played for them in the past and helped start the turny arm of that team. Sal should have no problem with you latching on to his team and playing turnys with players from his roster - that is what we did. Tell him Paul Majors sent you over.

Now I'm in Denver - refing NPPL - hope to see you on my field.

lopxtc
09-15-2004, 12:45 PM
Wantamag -- Splatinum Club closed ... they havent been open for awhile if I remember.

NJPAint -- what are you doing this weekend? I play for Hpnotiq, the team is out of Illinois/Indiana/Missouri (me being the only one in MO) ... The owners of the team also run the SIPPL League and our finals are this weekend in Benton, IL. Its about 1.5-2 hours away.

Anyway if you are interested I believe one of the teams is needing a third player for the 3-man on Saturday. We are always looking for new players and I am sure if they are still needing a third they wouldnt mind the help.

The leagues site is www.sippl.info, you can find out information there and a link to the leagues message board.

There is a player party/BBQ Saturday after the event ... you are welcome to follow me up if you want. I am reffing the 3/5 man so I am there the whole weekend.

Half the team is heading out to San Diego in Nov to player the final round of the Super-7 ...

Aaron

sig11
09-15-2004, 01:44 PM
NJPAint -- what are you doing this weekend? I play for Hpnotiq, the team is out of Illinois/Indiana/Missouri (me being the only one in MO) ... The owners of the team also run the SIPPL League and our finals are this weekend in Benton, IL. Its about 1.5-2 hours away.

*Eyes bulge* MAN! I leave the area and something happens near home (besides a field closing that is). :) I used to drive an hour or so from Salem, IL to Planet Paintall in Belleville, IL about every Friday night. Even though its gone now, it is still my favorite field.

Lee

NJPaint
09-15-2004, 07:18 PM

Anyway if you are interested I believe one of the teams is needing a third player for the 3-man on Saturday. We are always looking for new players and I am sure if they are still needing a third they wouldnt mind the help.

The leagues site is www.sippl.info, you can find out information there and a link to the leagues message board.

I am currently car less which means getting to remote fields is tough, although I am free Saturday if I can bum a ride off of someone. Another issue is that I just got my new Intimidator and haven't field tested it yet. It works fine, I just haven't played with it yet, heh.

lopxtc
09-15-2004, 09:08 PM
I would be more then happy to give you a ride, but I am staying down there Saturday night.

If you are interested we are having a practice Oct 11th ... I will check with the team and make sure its cool for you to come out if you are interested. I will be more then happy to give you a ride out there.

LMK.

Aaron

Skoad
09-15-2004, 09:46 PM
I'll probably be at Gateway paintball this weekend.

Lesta
09-15-2004, 09:59 PM
Welcome to the neighborhood ;). I'm from the O'Fallon on the IL side, where the closest field is 45 minutes away, so I guess I wouldn't mind a 45 minute drive in the other direction if you wanna ball some time.