PDA

View Full Version : RT Pro, should I keep/trade my valve

GRISL
08-31-2004, 03:01 PM
Any opinions on whether on not I should keep my original valve, for the GO X-VALVE program I have one of the 1st 300 produced, and am a nostalgia buff.

Do you think it, sentimentally, has a value greater than the $100 discount to trade it in?

Please I need some feedback I only have ten days before they have to have my trade.

SniperSmurf
08-31-2004, 06:22 PM
I think the bigger question would be if the small reduction in weight (or a specific color) is really worth it to you. You've already got an RT valve, so I'd say keep it! The X valve doesn't function any differently...

Oh, and welcome to AO!

Adrenaline_Junkie
08-31-2004, 06:26 PM
Considering the valve you own isnt worth any more than any other RT valve id say go for it. Get an xvalve and maybe a ULT.

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY! :argh:

Chronobreak
08-31-2004, 06:28 PM
its an rt valve? u might be ebtter of selling it for more than $100 and buying a valve from one fo the ao dealers

Thermus
08-31-2004, 07:50 PM
its an rt valve? u might be ebtter of selling it for more than $100 and buying a valve from one fo the ao dealers

Yeah, I was oging to say, you could get about 120 for that valve, keep your level 10 bolt if you have it, and buy an X Valve on the BST Forums without a level 10 for around 200.

SniperSmurf
09-01-2004, 12:02 AM
Sorry, I didn't think about the lvl 10 when I first posted, but it doesn't change my opinion. Just buy a level 10 for between $40-50 and, for all intents and purposes, you'll have an X-valve...

I still vote that you keep the valve, if indeed it's an RT valve. You're thread title says "RT Pro" in it, which led me to assume that in the first place.

SpecialBlend2786
09-01-2004, 12:15 AM
I say keep your valve and just get a Lvl 10 kit. The Xvalves are a little less reactive than the RT valves. If you already have an RT i dont think its worth the price just for a small reduction of weight and a different color.

d00d13
09-01-2004, 05:00 AM
I just sold my classic rt and upgraded to the ule custom. BIG weight difference! As for the X-valve, i can't really tell the difference in reaction. The light trigger pull however allows you to shoot the rts faster most definitely. Anyway, like I said, the x-valves aren't much different except maybe, THEY'RE NEW! So unless you want to keep your classic, which I very much did for a long whiles before I finally put up enough courage to let it go, then go ahead and keep it. maaaan, i miss my classic. K, good luck

GRISL
09-01-2004, 01:34 PM
Thanks for all your input fellas, I guess I'll go ahead and turn it in.

And with the money I saved in trade, get a warp feed! :headbang:

Thanks again, I was torn in my decision.

TheTramp
09-01-2004, 02:17 PM
[QUOTE=GRISL]Thanks for all your input fellas, I guess I'll go ahead and turn it in.

QUOTE]

The funny thing is that I think the majority suggested you keep the valve and simply buy the L10. That's my suggestion as well.