PDA

View Full Version : Alan Keyes at SB 04?

doc_Zox
08-31-2004, 08:38 PM
MANCOW: And I ain't kidding. Bill, good morning.

WILLIAM SHATNER: That's funny. Good morning. I was listening to you guys, and it's very interesting. I don't think the issues are broad enough. You should be talking FCC, you should be talking environment, you should be talking our personal freedoms.

MANCOW: Well, I said--you weren't on the show yet--I said earlier I'm not going to be voting for Bush because of the freedoms that we've lost, and under the guise of this terrorism.

SHATNER: What does Alan say about that?

KEYES: I understand the concern, and in fact have been articulating it everywhere I go, but I don't think you can blame the president for the danger we're facing on that front.

The president's doing his job. As executive, he has to respond to the emergency, seeking those powers that are necessary to deal with it.

The people who are supposed to make sure that when he does so, he doesn't overstep the bounds of our liberties, that's Congress! That's why they're given oversight. That's why they're supposed to declare war. That's why they were supposed to look carefully at the Patriot Act and not create pitfalls that could become the death of our liberty.

MANCOW: Yeah. Most of them have admitted they haven't read it. We're talking about how grocery stores are being right now being picketed. They have to picket a mile away because of terrorist threats.

[Stacy: "Right"]

MANCOW: You can't picket in front of the Democratic convention, the Republican convention. You have to be set up two miles away to protest. Is that American?

[studio member: "And nobody sees you."]

KEYES: Right. It's crazy.

MANCOW: Do we have to allow our wives and our daughters to be molested at the airport under the guise of terrorism? I just, I'm sorry. I think it's a disgrace. I really do, and I hate it.

KEYES: Well, you know . . . ah, sorry.

MANCOW: Ah, Bill--hold on a second, Alan. Bill?

SHATNER: Yes.

MANCOW: Bill you and I--and I want to mention this. We are raising money for cops' children, cops killed in the line of duty. There's other charities involved, but that's the one I'm most passionate about.

SHATNER: Yes, both of us. And it's Chicago cops.

MANCOW: That's right. But people are coming from all over America for this thing. I think the whole Fox New Channel team--a lot people are coming.

[conversation with Shatner on the Hundred Club of Cook County charity benefit on Labor Day, featuring Celebrity Paintball with Shatner and Mancow]

SHATNER: I'm just interested in your program and what you're talking about today. And unfortunately--we have to say to your audience, in addition to listening to Alan Keyes and what he has to say, please, Alan, why don't you come on Labor Day weekend that Sunday?

MANCOW: He's shaking his head yes.

KEYES: I'd love to.

SHATNER: Fantastic.

MANCOW: It'll be great. And let's get Obama out there, his competitor.

[laughter]

SHATNER: On the other side. We'll get Obama out there. That's a great idea.

[studio member: "Debates with paintball."]

KEYES: Wait a minute. No, if you want him to come, promise there won't be a debate, 'cause he's backing away from those.

[laughter]

SHATNER: No, no. We'll give you yellow paintballs and we'll give him brown.

KEYES: Wait a minute. Give me yellow ones and give him brown? I think it'd outta be--wait a minute, given what's going on, I think the colors ought to be reversed.

MANCOW: We gotta shoot him with the yellow because he's a coward.

SHATNER: Well, I just--that was my thought.

KEYES: [laughs]

SHATNER: You'd be covered in brown, and you'd have to fight your way out. You know what I mean?

KEYES: [laughs]

MANCOW: Hey, Bill. They're saying you're going to save the entire network with your new show. What's it called?

SHATNER: Boston Legal.

MANCOW: And this is the character that you played on another show.

SHATNER: On the Practice. All of it being on Sunday at 10:00, but that's October, and we've got plenty to talk about then.

MANCOW: Danny Crane, right?

SHATNER: Danny Crane and an album coming out on October 5th, but that's not the important thing.

MANCOW: Wait, wait. Bill, Bill. How cool was it for me to sit at Gibson's and run lines with you" That was a treat.

SHATNER: That was a cake. And how cool is it for you to be playing one of the numbers on that album as the first guy to do it.

MANCOW: We have the world debut of it, and I want to play it. I think even Alan's going to like this.

[conversation with Mancow and Shatner on albums]

MANCOW: Saturday, Sunday, and Monday we're doing the paintball thing.

SHATNER: Exactly. And that Sunday is the Sunday of the Labor Day weekend, and everybody who's listening should come and visit with us, including Alan Keyes, and we'll have a ball.

MANCOW: Alan Keyes is going to come, and this is the only time I'll ever tell you, you should bring your kids to this. They will have fun like you wouldn't believe. They have high-quality movie sets, and it's just good fun. It's the greatest in the world for paintball. It's very popular.

[Stacy: "And it's a great cause."]

[conversation on the paintball charity event]

Mike Smith
09-01-2004, 05:23 PM
Not to panic folks.... I'm gonna give Mancow plenty of 280 fps love {along with some other "special" considerations...}, especially after his Bush comment!

This is WAR!!!!!!!!!!

spantol
09-01-2004, 05:42 PM
That conversation took place a couple weeks back. Keyes was on again last week, and confirmed that he will be will be attending.

vf-xx
09-01-2004, 06:03 PM
I propose a new battle cry on account of Bill's new show Boston Legal.

Anybody remember the movie Hook?

"KILL THE LAYWER!!!!!"

"I'm not THAT kind of Laywer!"