PDA

View Full Version : Cocker Dillema

OysterBoy
08-31-2004, 09:02 PM
Hey guys, remember that 03 Cocker that was on route to my house? I had it cancelled while I decided what to do. I have exactly 250 canadian, which is just enough for the 03. My primary plan was to have a cocker for both semi and pump. I started looking around and found a pre-2k cocker with single trigger frame, vert asa and semi-pneu's. This is selling for 160 Canadian shipped, it definatley doesnt look great and the only thing about it I like is the price tag, and the fact that its a cocker. I also registered for a scenario a while ago, it takes place september 24th. So my dillema is; buy the 03, and not go to the scenario, or, buy the cheapy cocker and go to the scenario.. ?

Contributions accepted only if you feel inclined, so far Nick / -=Squid=- has contributed $20 usd to my cocker fund (hes my official sponsor :rofl: lol).

Any opinions on what I should do?

Thanks.

tony3
08-31-2004, 09:05 PM
Cheapy.

DiSoRdeR
08-31-2004, 09:08 PM
What happened, thought you were getting a phantom? :confused:

OysterBoy
08-31-2004, 09:10 PM
So did I, Disorder. but when the buyer of the mag offered me a PGP and Nelspot plus 4oz I couldnt say no, reducing my budget to 250 cad.

DiSoRdeR
08-31-2004, 09:13 PM
I say go with the pre2k cocker. It will save you money which will let you have some fun with it at a scenario :D You can always upgrade it ;)

OysterBoy
08-31-2004, 09:15 PM
I say go with the pre2k cocker. It will save you money which will let you have some fun with it at a scenario :D You can always upgrade it ;)

Again, money. If I choose that route, then the 03 will prove to have been cheaper. Either way Im stuck :confused:

DiSoRdeR
08-31-2004, 09:27 PM
Do you even need a cocker? What do you have now?

OysterBoy
08-31-2004, 09:31 PM
I have a PGP with the wrong RVA (Plus the velocity spring needs to be replaced); Not Working.

Nelspot007 that should work, but I have no 10-rounds or even a 10-round harness (Will be buying a shotgun shell bandolier soon)

I had planned on having a phantom before the scenario, but as I said earlier, complications arose. With a cocker, I could use my 50rd hopper and still compete.

DiSoRdeR
08-31-2004, 09:34 PM
Ok tell me If this is the situation, you want to buy a cocker and go to a scenario by spending the least amount of money? Also how much are the cockers you want, I dont know how much that is :tard:

OysterBoy
08-31-2004, 09:36 PM
03 Cocker (Nice) = 250 Canadian Shipped
Pre2k Cocker (Blah) = 160 Canadian Shipped

DiSoRdeR
08-31-2004, 09:39 PM
How much is that US currency?

OysterBoy
08-31-2004, 09:40 PM
180 shipped for the 03
125 shipped for the pre2k.

DiSoRdeR
08-31-2004, 09:42 PM
Would you be upgrading the pre2k one? If you plan to, then I say go for the 03 instead. If you are not going to then I say go for the pre2k.

OysterBoy
08-31-2004, 09:45 PM
And suddenly a third option; What if I sent my PGP away for a full tune up by PPS? I'd still have cash leftover, maybe enough for some 10-rounds even.

DiSoRdeR
08-31-2004, 09:54 PM
Its up to you, do which ever one you want to ;)

firebanex
08-31-2004, 10:22 PM
send the pgp to PPS for the tune up of course. anything from PPS or touched by PPS would be relly cool.

and for your senario use the nelspot and just carry balls around in a pod for it and rock single shot. or break down and spend $5 on a bunch of 10 rd tubes.

JuggaloDave
08-31-2004, 10:31 PM
cockers are not guns to buy if your on a budget. and i would sugguest getting the 03, but make sure that is what you want first, i mean, if you have one pump, do you really need a second one? wouldnt you be better off just buyin a snipper than a cocker and converting money wise? do what you want, but i wouldnt let going to that game make you make a hasty decision that you may end up regreating.

azza
08-31-2004, 10:34 PM
Just a quick question. Does the scenario game you want to go to rent markers for people with no gear? If they do, just rent a marker and save ur money for something decent.

Just my $0.02NZD
Azza

OysterBoy
09-01-2004, 01:26 PM
It wouldnt really be saving with the rates they charge on rental gear, plus I had my mind set on playing pump. I've decided to send the PGP in for upgrade, and I will be doing some home-mods to the nelspot. Namely, cutting the feed tube down to the actual feedhole, because depending on the number of balls in the tube you have to cock and tilt a certain way. It should act more like a phantom once I am finished. The feedtube will then be elongated and tilted up a little bit to get back the lost space, and a vert feedneck will go right over top of the breech, with a cork stopper to switch between vert and stock class. Should end up costing about 150 CDN for the PGP tune up, and I'd guess 20 CAD for the Nelspot's mods.

Thanks guys.

DiSoRdeR
09-01-2004, 01:32 PM
Let us know how it goes, pics wouldnt hurt ;)

Thermus
09-01-2004, 03:38 PM
It wouldnt really be saving with the rates they charge on rental gear, plus I had my mind set on playing pump. I've decided to send the PGP in for upgrade, and I will be doing some home-mods to the nelspot. Namely, cutting the feed tube down to the actual feedhole, because depending on the number of balls in the tube you have to cock and tilt a certain way. It should act more like a phantom once I am finished. The feedtube will then be elongated and tilted up a little bit to get back the lost space, and a vert feedneck will go right over top of the breech, with a cork stopper to switch between vert and stock class. Should end up costing about 150 CDN for the PGP tune up, and I'd guess 20 CAD for the Nelspot's mods.

Thanks guys.

Geez, you could buy a working PGP for less than that.

OysterBoy
09-01-2004, 05:12 PM
Wheres the fun in that? Id rather have a smooth rocking PGP then 1 that works mediocre and the other not at all.