PDA

View Full Version : The IAO Article in Sports Illustrated: Where is it?

Automaggin2
08-31-2004, 11:08 PM
It's past the projected date the article was supposed to come out. Still havn't heard a word on it. Can anyone verify that they cancelled it? On the PBN forums someone from TEE said it might not come out, but Tom assured us in the beggining of August that it would come out. Whats the deal?

Kevmaster
08-31-2004, 11:25 PM
Its past the date...who knew?

oh well..

Automaggin2
08-31-2004, 11:44 PM
Its past the date...who knew?

oh well..

Yea, I was really looking forward to it. :(

JimInVA
08-31-2004, 11:48 PM
Found this posted in the BlackCat Paintball Productions Forum- IAO Post (http://www.blackcat-productions.com/cgi/bcforums/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=45;t=17). Not specific... but information nonetheless.

Jim

Automaggin2
08-31-2004, 11:51 PM
Found this posted in the BlackCat Paintball Productions Forum- IAO Post (http://www.blackcat-productions.com/cgi/bcforums/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=45;t=17). Not specific... but information nonetheless.

Jim

Now its October :rolleyes:

I dont think it will ever come out.

JimInVA
09-01-2004, 12:19 AM
I was personally involved in about a 40 minute interview with Charlie. I spoke with Tom (Kaye) who played next to Charlie and can vouch for how great a time he had. I believe that Charlie WILL write the story and that WHEN it is published, it will be an awesome read. Will Sports Illustrated ignore paintball?... perhaps... but my bet is on its being published.

Jim

Muzikman
09-01-2004, 02:40 AM
Umm...it's only been a month. I have never heard of an article (especially one that might be 10 pages) to make it from draft to print that fast, ever. So hold your horses, it still very well happen.

Automaggin2
09-01-2004, 10:31 AM
Umm...it's only been a month. I have never heard of an article (especially one that might be 10 pages) to make it from draft to print that fast, ever. So hold your horses, it still very well happen.

I definatly have heard that from Sports Illustrated. It is Sports Illustrated, they do have to write about current event sports topics. They wont wait 4 months to write a spread on the World Series, would they?

Sports magazines have to write and move fast.

rkjunior303
09-01-2004, 11:03 AM
I definatly have heard that from Sports Illustrated. It is Sports Illustrated, they do have to write about current event sports topics. They wont wait 4 months to write a spread on the World Series, would they?

Sports magazines have to write and move fast.

Correct. Sports Illustrated is a WEEKLY publication, with it pretty much being up to date.

Muzikman
09-01-2004, 11:12 AM
Yeah, but IAO is not a sports event that requires up to the minute article in a mag. If it's released in 6 months, it makes no difference. Trust me, they would not rush this article.

rkjunior303
09-01-2004, 12:05 PM
Yeah, but IAO is not a sports event that requires up to the minute article in a mag. If it's released in 6 months, it makes no difference. Trust me, they would not rush this article.

oh, i have no doubt about that.. especially with the Olympics wrapping up and the Baseball Playoff race heating up, I wouldn't be surprised they hold if off for a 'slow' sports week :)

Kevmaster
09-01-2004, 12:07 PM
yeh, "by october" as the guideline seems to mean we have four more months before the estimated time is up....I had faith....