PDA

View Full Version : Leaking from the back

eightball
09-01-2004, 05:57 AM
ok i've tried everything, but i don't kno why it's leaking at all!!! =.=++

i have a minimag, lvl7 for now, and occationally it leaks from the bak of the valve, i've tried oiling it, it just bubbles wen it leaks lol, and we i turn the velocity down, SOMETIMES it stops, or if i turn it a little tighter it may stop as well, so i really have no idea wth is going on there, i can still play, but it's irratating knowing tht air is going to waste, and the little PSSSSSSt just annoys me....

thanks

GA Devil
09-01-2004, 07:34 AM
sounds like it may be a bad reg piston

rkjunior303
09-01-2004, 08:12 AM
have you checked to see if the reg seat is in properly/worn? remember one side is bigger than the other when it comes to putting it in -- i usually found it easier pushing it into the reg half before connecting it to the rest of the valve to make sure I had the right sides together.

athomas
09-01-2004, 08:54 AM
Remove the velocity adjuster out of the back of the valve and clean the outside of the regulator piston assembly and the inside of the valve back. Replace the o-ring around the outside of the regulator piston assembly. Oil the new o-ring and replace the parts. You should be good to go.

eightball
09-02-2004, 12:23 AM
i have checked the reg seat, it seems fine, i always "clik" it in before i reassemble it so it's in right.
i sure hope it isn't something wrong with the reg piston, i don't want to replace it :p too lazy
i've cleaned both the piston, and the inside. i'm not sure, but i couldn't find any of those clear piston o-rings tht the mags comes with, so i found the proper sized black one to use, and it still leaks, could it be u can't use those black ones?

really wish there's someway to stop this =.= it's irritating knowing that i have to fill after everygame or myb middle of.... HELP!! =.=

athomas
09-06-2004, 10:29 AM
A black o-ring should work as long as its the proper size. You really should get an o-ring kit if you don't have one. It always pays to be prepared.

If the leak can't be stopped by cleaning and replacing the reg piston assembly o-ring and oiling it, then you may have a bad regulator piston assembly.