PDA

View Full Version : We're off to the Atlantic Canadian Championships

athomas
09-01-2004, 08:40 AM
Check this tournament out.

The Atlantic Canadian Paintball Championship is held in York, PEI, Canada every Labour day weekend. The prize pool is amazing. The best part is the atmosphere. It really is a great event. Hopefully our 3 man Novice team, Point Six Eight, can make a good showing. The amatures are playing 5 man and the Novice teams are playing 3 man.

Check out the event info and prizes.

http://www.spikespaintball.net

With any luck there will be some good pictures of the event as well.

Jeffy-CanCon
09-01-2004, 09:16 AM
Good luck!

Play safe & have fun, my friend.

peewee
09-01-2004, 09:47 AM
Good Luck, play safe, play hard, play clean & bring home the goods.....

abunkerer
09-01-2004, 10:11 AM
whoa! those are some good prizes, markers all the way to 4th place, in 3 & 5man!
Good Luck Guys! :cheers:

athomas
09-01-2004, 03:01 PM
They are good prizes. There are 10 amature teams and 33 novice teams entered. One of the best amature teams in the area isn't able to play due to two of their players being recruited a couple of weeks ago to go play for Shockwave out of New York. There is some serious competition to get to these prizes. Watching the games is as much fun as playing.

TeamNausea
09-01-2004, 07:17 PM
That is SWEET! A vision shocker and a clothes sponsorship and some more not yet announced things...sweet

athomas
09-06-2004, 09:26 AM
Well, we made the semis but missed the final cut by just 13 points. The semis were 4 divisions with 4 teams in each div playing round robin action. Only one team advanced out of each division. We got beat by the team that haddn't lost the entire tournament, but we beat the team that moved on and won it all, who was also in our division. In the end, we placed 7th overall.

The weather was excellent and the paintball was amazing. Watching the 5 man teams was really exciting. The winning team was made up of a few Fusion players that had won the NPPL a week or two ago. A couple of them play locally. They were lot of fun to watch. They never lost a game all weekend but did get stalled a few times when some of the teams locked them down. They definately had to work for it.

My trusty emag was the only mag in the tourny this time. Everyone still wows over it, especially after they shoot it..

BobTheCow
09-06-2004, 11:18 AM
My trusty emag was the only mag in the tourny this time. Everyone still wows over it, especially after they shoot it..I love that feeling!! Congrats man, sounds like a great time. :)

MasonFootball89
09-06-2004, 01:50 PM
wow they got some nice prizes I like that

Listerine
09-06-2004, 03:55 PM
Awesome. A big "w00t" for tournaments in Canada... :clap: ;)