PDA

View Full Version : are apache hoppers forcefed

dirty_canadian4894
09-01-2004, 10:33 PM
a kid at my field offered to trade me my old style eggo 2 and my 12v revvy for a new in the box ricochet apache that he had just won at a tournament. is this trade worth it and are apaches forcefeed hoppers because i have to have something that can force the balls past my detent on my cocker.

atm743
09-01-2004, 10:39 PM
my buddy has one but i never saw it fed a halo, warp, q loaders are force fed hoppers. but i think that you should keep both or trade the eggy and 15- 20 bucks for it depending on the specks of the eggy

digitard
09-01-2004, 11:00 PM
A friend of mine is sponsored by them. I'll have to ask him. I was thinkin' about buying one of his anyhow as a backup hopper.

I'll find out for ya.

FSU_Paintball
09-01-2004, 11:05 PM
No. They're like Egg 2s. They're still pretty fast though... around the 18BPS area. I personally would upgrade the egg2 to a Zboard.

Kevmaster
09-02-2004, 12:06 AM
no its not force feed

FragTek
09-02-2004, 12:10 AM
The Apache is not a TRUE forcefeed hopper as it's claimed to be.

For a hopper to be considered a true forcefeed it needs CONSTANT pressure against the ball stack, the Apache and Egg II alike do not offer this. The benefit of the Apache and Egg II over a standard agitating loader is that it "organizes" the balls and then propels them down the feedtube of the loader. This system works best on guns with "pesky" ACE systems (ie WPD Sensi & COPS) or guns that don't consistantly shoot over 16bps.

gc82000
09-02-2004, 02:00 AM
I also heard that the "agitaters" could tear up softer paintballs.

fire1811
09-02-2004, 08:17 AM
no there not going to tear any paintballs up. i have owned about every hopper besides a qloader and have had problems with every one of them except the rico. only thing i had wrong with my rico was i sanded the sells down too far. called them up and they next day aired me a new set for free. Rico is well know for there excellent customer service.

apache's are great loaders and have a game timer on them which is really nice.

openboater
09-02-2004, 10:53 AM
my Rico 2k stopped working after 3 years, I sent it back and they sent me a brand new one in a sealed box. FREE

I tried dying some Rico AK shells from red to black. I used too much heat and melted the shells unusable. They sent me new shells for FREE.

They are TOP NOTCH. Probably the best customer service i've ever seen.

I have an APACHE coming , when you find a good company to do business with, you stick with them.

RoadDawg
09-02-2004, 10:57 AM
I also heard that the "agitaters" could tear up softer paintballs.
Maybe if it's going too fast but with these hoppers in particular they don't spin fast enough to tear any paintballs.

I love my apache. Fits perfect with my warp, no sanding required (oring neck genious concept), feeds fast, and the shells are tough. I recommend them if you like your old Rico cause this is a super 2k w/o the shot counter.

trains are bad
09-02-2004, 10:58 AM
If I didnt run a warp I would have an apache. An apach won't work On my warp because of my setup.

RoadDawg
09-02-2004, 11:04 AM
How do you have your warp setup?

trains are bad
09-02-2004, 02:18 PM
real far foreward so the hose runs through the revvy. it would not be easy to work with the foreward lid that ricochet loaders have.