PDA

View Full Version : I'm still alive...

sajohnston
10-25-2001, 08:57 AM
I haven't visited the forum since late July thought it was about time I caught back up.

I went home for the birth of my son, Steven Marshall Johnston born Aug 14th. It really does change everything...immediately! After that all heck broke loose in the world, and being a forward deployed pilot things have been a tad on the busy side. But hey, I can still get cold beer and access to a computer so how bad can it be!

Looks like a few things have changed- great job the forum looks great! After sifting through the pages of posts these look like the highlights:

- some kid spammed the board and begged for mercy...
- Roitz won the box design contest
- the mag-emag upgrade is here
- the intelliframe has hit the street
- Fight Club= Deep Blue minus the posts
- I missed out on some nubbins
- the superbolt and 4500 N2 are still in the works
- spell check is back (thank you lord)
- everyone has new snazzy signature blocks

That's it just wanted to catch back up and get back in the loop.

cphilip
10-25-2001, 08:59 AM
Sounds like you caught up SA! Nothing much to add. Good to hear from you. Keep us all safe now!

sajohnston
10-25-2001, 09:05 AM
What happened to Mag Central? Also don't see many posts from Chaos? Just curious he is a good source for info.

Also Nitroduck's Stickball homepage won't come up- what is the world coming to!

shartley
10-25-2001, 09:08 AM
Welcome back. :)

I think stickball has some DNS issues to iron out. He is working on it though, from what I understand.

cphilip
10-25-2001, 09:33 AM
Chaos is around he will prolly see this later on.

Army
10-25-2001, 03:45 PM
Hello Sir, Congrats on the child!

There have been a few other things too: Tom had a contest to name the new grip frame; prizes were pricey and extensive! (it's the Intelliframe BTW, standard issue on all new RT PROs)

MagCentral needs financial boosting to keep it running without pop-ups or banners. Chaos says it costs him about $100 to keep it clean, but will go back to the old way if anything.

68-4500 Flatline should hit the market as soon as a reg seat problem is cleared up.

Watch your six, and take care of yourself. Army:cool:

zvanut
10-25-2001, 05:16 PM
and i thought i missed a lot being gone for 2 days...

Nitroduck
10-25-2001, 06:11 PM
Stickball server = down

The person who owns the site that never put the site in my name (the person who makes the movies) and because of this, the payment for the webspace has expired.....And untill I get control of the site......It wont be back up .
Bad part is, the guy that owns it is at WC and is hard to get ahold of as-is.

But.......it'll be back up.....When, I'm not sure, but expect alot of new movies when it is back up.

sajohnston
10-27-2001, 09:54 AM
I caught the end of the Intelliframe contest the day before I went on leave. I wasn't planning on getting one but they turned out better than I had imagined.

I was on a short leash with the baby on final approach so I didn't even get to play any games. The closest organized field is over an hour and a half away for me (Atlanta or Athens, GA). I inventoried all of the loot from auctions/classifieds my wife had been piling up for me but nothing more. Didn't even try and set up my ELCD on my Retromag, so still don't know if that combo will work out.

I guess I will have to continue to get my paintball fix on the Air Force MWR field near me, they rent Spyders and Bruizers- OK I am back from washing my mouth out...

Some guy who refs part time thinks he is king of the hill with his Flatline M98, I just might have to school him!