PDA

View Full Version : RT leak

boomsquad324
09-02-2004, 07:54 AM
I have one of the older R/T Automags and am having a problem with a very bad leak out the back of the marker where the velocity is adjusted. I've already installed a complete parts kit and the problem persists. I love this gun and am desperate to have it up and running again so any advice on how to correct this problem will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

MindJob
09-02-2004, 10:11 AM
Did you recently install a LV X I had similar problems with mine. That is probably over pressure relief thingy in the reg piston. If you back the velocity adj out, it should go away, but the velocity will be too low. Either go to a smaller spring with the LV X, or get a new piston. (or both)

Hope this helped

boomsquad324
09-02-2004, 10:47 AM
I upgraded to a level 10 a while back and the marker was working perfectly. It just started to leak one day and I thought it was due to regular wear on the seals, which is why I replaced them all. Now I can't use the marker due to the leak. If I turn the velocity down the leak lessens but then the marker won't fire.

skipdogg
09-02-2004, 12:04 PM
i would say the velocity needs to be lowered all the way, then slowly brought back up. Sounds like you may have somewhat tried that already. i have had leaks like that out the back of my RT pro every once in a while. It's always a velocity adjustment that solves it. good luck