PDA

View Full Version : Racist Paintball Magazines

HateMachine
09-02-2004, 01:53 PM
I never see AGD products advertised anymore, either by reviews of new products or stores advertising mags through thier ads in the magazines. It honestly pisses me off, all anyone cares to see are the same guns reviewed over again everytime they paint it a new color. I have a subscription to Action pursuit Games and while it is a good publication it lacks mag exposure much like the entire market, maybe i'm crazy but let me know.

Thermus
09-02-2004, 02:01 PM
I really don't think racist is the right term to use, since AGD isnt a race.

teufelhunden
09-02-2004, 02:02 PM
Um, it's not like Airgun is being told no, we won't run your ad... they just don't pay to have their ads put in the mags..

And AGD really hasn't rolled out anything too spectacular lately... you can bet when/if the hAir hits the market it'll be in mags..

Cryer
09-02-2004, 02:06 PM
I never see AGD products advertised anymore, either by reviews of new products or stores advertising mags through thier ads in the magazines. It honestly pisses me off, all anyone cares to see are the same guns reviewed over again everytime they paint it a new color. I have a subscription to Action pursuit Games and while it is a good publication it lacks mag exposure much like the entire market, maybe i'm crazy but let me know.
Its cause whitey has more money

PBX Ronin 23
09-02-2004, 02:11 PM
I have a very strong feeling that their products will still be platformed on some seriously major markets enabling AGD to stay in the public's eye. Perhaps that would get the same marketing bang as those same ads would.

Love begets love, ain't that right TK, Jon C. and company. :cheers:

Automaggin2
09-02-2004, 02:12 PM
Its cause whitey has more money

:nono: :rofl:

hahahaha

WenULiVeUdiE
09-02-2004, 02:14 PM
I've seen some mags in magazines lately. I think it was PB2x that was written to asking the same question. About a month or two later they had about 7 pictures of mags in there. They did a review of the ULT, ULE body, and a gun stand using an RT Pro as the marker. But while it is a little perplexing not seeing many in publications, it's not like they are needed.

PBX Ronin 23
09-02-2004, 02:34 PM
But while it is a little perplexing not seeing many in publications, it's not like they are needed.
In marketing, exposure is Always needed and sought after.

FooTemps
09-02-2004, 02:37 PM
AGD should do some viral marketing in magazines. lol

WenULiVeUdiE
09-02-2004, 02:38 PM
In marketing, exposure is Always needed and sought after.
That's very true. But look how well AGD is doing with out the ads. I know thier sales would boost if they started advertising, but they've come this far without it.

Xyxyll
09-02-2004, 03:00 PM
This has nothing to do with racism. It has nothing to do with prejudice. It's simply because AGD is not spending thousands of dollars for ads in all the magazines. At this point in time it's simply not worth the exposure.

HateMachine
09-02-2004, 03:02 PM
Thanks for all the feedback, as for calling it racist i was using a colorful word to get attention so i could hear other mag owners opinions. As for WenULiVeUdiE thats good to hear i might just look into that publication.

tyrion2323
09-02-2004, 04:56 PM
Interesting complaint for a guy named "HateMachine."

AGD doesn't get exposure because it doesn't fund advertising.

Duck Hunt
09-02-2004, 06:14 PM
I have two magazines heres a picture from the older one:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v249/funkolicious/P1270015.jpg

This was the Ratco Ad in a magazine that featured the owner in a full page interview...note the MiniMag in the picture.

Now heres a newer mag ad for Ratco...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v249/funkolicious/P1270016.jpg

Goes to show you how people feel about mags now adays...

Sean

Josh2Xtremes
09-02-2004, 08:59 PM
Let's not forget the editors of PB2X and Crossfire are both Mag players. I've been shooting mags since about 95 or so in various forms and my boss, John Amodea, played his professional paintball for Bad Company and Phantom Force with an Automag. Without being TOO biased, I try to work AGD and Automags into our publications as much as I can. Let's not forget the New Product Spotlight pieces on the Sydarm (or the press on it on PB2X.com) or the "AO Corner" in the dirt section of PB2X I try to slide in there whenever I have room, or the reviews and New Product pieces on the Tac-One in both magazines, and the press I gave the Level 10, XValve, ULE body (I think someone mentioned that, thanks) and the fact that the last major tournament I played, I played in an AO Jersey with my XMag, and how many times Clare showed up in PB2X while she was AGD-sponsored. Oh and wait, there's more, how about feature coverage in two magazines of the Shatner games since it got started? :)

While yes, it is true that magazines find it difficult to give the love to companies that DON'T advertise, I do my best to get TK and AGD as much love as I can simply because my boss and I have been around long enough to know that if it wasn't for TK, paintball wouldn't be where it is. In my opinion our entire sport owes him a debt of gratitude and the way I personally am repaying my share of that debt is by giving him and his products and company the recognition it deserves. You want mags in your mags? Read PB2X and Crossfire, check out PB2X.com and enjoy. :D
Josh

judster
09-02-2004, 09:20 PM
theres a 3 page ad in every month of scenario news...dead center of the magazine...thats the on,y rag i read, so it doesnt matter :D

WickeDKlowN
09-02-2004, 10:07 PM
In the words of Chris Farley... KILL WHITEY!

Er, no, no kill whitey. AGD just dosn't pay to have ads put in mags(no pun intended) that much.

Deep Sixx
09-02-2004, 10:32 PM
Word-of-mouth is the best kind of advertising.

sixx

gc82000
09-03-2004, 03:50 AM
[QUOTE=WickeDKlowN]ads put in mags(no pun intended)[QUOTE]

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to type that.

PBX Ronin 23
09-03-2004, 07:41 PM
While yes, it is true that magazines find it difficult to give the love to companies that DON'T advertise, I do my best to get TK and AGD as much love as I can simply because my boss and I have been around long enough to know that if it wasn't for TK, paintball wouldn't be where it is. In my opinion our entire sport owes him a debt of gratitude and the way I personally am repaying my share of that debt is by giving him and his products and company the recognition it deserves. You want mags in your mags? Read PB2X and Crossfire, check out PB2X.com and enjoy. :D
Josh
Josh you DA MAN.

msprince
09-04-2004, 01:18 PM
Word of mouth is the best advertising, I can tell you right now I don't go out and buy something just because it looks good in an ad. My friends all went on an on about how the Mag was such a great gun and blah blah blah, and I said hey I need one of those ;)

Soooo... without any influence from marketing I told my husband that's what I want for Christmas and being the good boy he is, I got it :clap:

I love my ULE RT, it makes my heart race faster than I can pull the trigger. So all the props to TK and AGD along with PB2X and Crossfire for being dediczated to keep a product alive that soooooooooo many people love!

Steph
MXS AD
"The Cookie Lady"

BeaverEater
09-04-2004, 07:51 PM
They had a review on the tac one in pb2x about a couple of months ago

msprince
09-04-2004, 10:44 PM
APG just had a detailed review of the RT Pro with a y-grip a couple months ago. :wow:

MasonFootball89
09-04-2004, 11:28 PM
Well I really dont see how it is racist but I do agree with you that people love to see the same gun reviewed in every magazine just wtih different colors its like they think its a totally different gun? :rofl:

Carbon
09-05-2004, 01:22 AM
Im sorry, im not one to flame but, racist is just a retarded term to desribe lack of print media exposure.

In anycase, at this point, i dont think AGD has the tooling thoroughput and capacities to handle high volume demand. Especially, the kinda of volume generated with magazine advertising. But who am i to say?

FaSSt
09-05-2004, 09:52 AM
The word you are looking for is "discriminatory". Now no one can say that you have learned nothing of substance while occupying your mind with paintball. :)

Bob_da_Splatman
09-05-2004, 04:30 PM
I have two magazines heres a picture from the older one:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v249/funkolicious/P1270015.jpg

This was the Ratco Ad in a magazine that featured the owner in a full page interview...note the MiniMag in the picture.

Now heres a newer mag ad for Ratco...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v249/funkolicious/P1270016.jpg

Goes to show you how people feel about mags now adays...

Sean
this is a prime example of marketing and in marketing you must set up a relatable back ground so as the consumer feels that the item being advetised is "ment" for him. In the first add the ad was to reach the masses envolved in woodsball thus accounts for the colouring and in the second ad they were attempting to interest the masses that are envolved in speed ball thus they put a gun in that would better represent them.

You don't advertise a new camo casing to a speedball player because he/she want bright in your face colouring, and you don't advertise a hot pink mask to a woodsballer.
Its just good marketing thats it no prejudice(sp?)