PDA

View Full Version : Automag Rt

YZILLA
09-02-2004, 06:42 PM
I am new to the game - I own a Dragun TES which seems to be a good gun . I have been told Automags are the guns to have by people so I bought One , I know , Iknow , I should do research before asking questions. but , I was hoping that maybe some of ya would tell me if I made a wise choice its a automag RT . Dont know of any mods that have been done to it . I was told level 10 right away . I paid $217 for this gun which is supposed to be in like new condition . I was gonna sell my Dragun to fund my Automag RT but i wanted advise on if this gun is gonna be a reliable gun for me . Please dont hammer me with ( NOOB ) ridicule . Im just asking what ya think and what should I do to make it an awsome gun . thanks !! :cheers:

RTDynaflow
09-02-2004, 07:08 PM
First off, have you run some paint through it? I would run 1000 or so balls through it before I did anything. Is it a Pro or old school RT? All in all mags are amazingly reliable guns if maintained.

That is a fair price either way. I would start off w/ a double trigger frame. Intelli or a nice 90*. Very least a revvy, if you don't have one. I assume you have an n2 tank? From there it depends if you plan on keeping it or not. If it is one of the old RTs, I would send it to Brad at PaintballMaxx to have the valve drilled for the ULT (ultra light trigger). Have him fine tune both the Level 10 and ULT. Find a comfortable drop. Also would highly reccomend a centerflag DynaFlow regulator. Crank the pressure up to 950 or so and let her rip. Good barrel too, although the stock one isn't all that bad.

This is assuming you have the old school RT and not the Pro. If you do get an adjhustable reg, I would scrap any cheap macro line that can't handle 950psi. Go through check all your O-rings. If they need replacing get a kit. Not hard to do.

I welcome you to the world of mags.

YZILLA
09-06-2004, 01:11 AM
Thanks for the advice -Actually I need a tank also . I dont know what to get ? I play novice in the woods ball with just my buddies . I just want a tank that will let me play long enough to finish the games for the day . ( 3 hours max ) This gun is not the pro actually here it is .
http://i13.ebayimg.com/03/i/02/54/03/34_1.JPG The tank was not included in the sale . Its not an RT Pro Im probably getting in over my head with this gun -lol

ramenjames
09-06-2004, 03:48 PM
no mags are crazy simple

your gonna need an eletric hopper and a HPA tank

i would recomend a rico ak for the hopper
and any adj. tank....as far as size ..get a 68/45

RTDynaflow
09-07-2004, 03:02 PM
Not at all. Like he said, mags are fairly simple in design and most problems can be blamed on an oring somewhere in there. Except when you do something dumb, just blame that on those little round balls...

If you just ply woodsball, you pobably aren't looking for something to shoot 10+bps. I would still reccomend a level 10 kit. Check around on the classifieds, they have some good tanks for around 100. Would say go with a 68/4500 tank. Preset or adjustable. If it is preset, make sure it has an output around 700.

What he said about the hopper.