PDA

View Full Version : Shatnerball Day 1

Muzikman
09-03-2004, 02:52 AM
Well, I had an interesting morning. I set the alarm for 7am and at 8:30am I woke up in a panic. My flight left at 11:45am, I am 45 mins from the airport and I had to run to the DMV to get a new license (mine expired the end of July). So, I got a shower, got dressed, packed up the car, got to the DMV, got my new license, got to the bank, deposited a check, got to the airport, check my bags, got through security and made it to me gate....With an hour to spare. I have no idea how I did this, but I was finally relaxed.

Plane was on time, which is a rarity these day, which means I landed at O'hare at 12 noon (almost on the dot). My bags were the first few to come out of claim, so it's now 12:20...how the hell am I making such good time, something has to go wrong soon. So I go outside, just as I step to the curb the Hertz bus pulls up infront of me...amazing. Get to the little reservation "hut" at Hertz, and had to wait a whole 10 mins...I mean come on, 10 mins, can't these people move faster. Finnally I am up, all the information, etc...get the car I want, (Mid-sized with Neverlost). They tell me it's being cleaned now and it should be up shortly...ok, here we go, this is going to be my BIG wait. I walk outside and a guy pulls up with the car before I even got out the door.

So...it's now not even 1pm, I am in Chicago and got my car, none of my bags were lost and all is going good. So you want to hear the bad news? There is none...this so far has been the most hassle free trip I have ever taken, let's just hope the rest of the weekend goes this smooth.

So, what did I do with my day you ask? I went Geocaching. I got me 3 caches in under 1.5 hours and sent #29 on his way (www.travelingalien.com). Went to Buddy Guy's Legends to see Johnny Rawls, which Nerobro and his roommate Steve (who I am sure has been on AO before) joined me.

So, my first day at Shatnerball this year has been a blast. It's now 3am and I think I am going to sleep. Hope to see everyone this weekend and I hope your trip is as good as mine has been so far.

PS. Sorry for the long post, I blame the Guinness.

skipdogg
09-03-2004, 09:48 AM
I am leaving for Shatner in two hours. should be there between 3-4pm. This is going to be a sweet butt weekend!

slasherdan
09-03-2004, 10:25 AM
I'm friggin' green with envy ... I won't hit the gates till tomorrow morning.

Mighty Wingman
09-03-2004, 11:34 AM
I just got back from signing in. This is going to be so freakin cool. Bring your barrel socks folks, cuz barrel plugs won't be allowed. They'll have some for sale if you need to buy one (like me).

The Frymarker
09-03-2004, 12:31 PM
Whoo hooo, hehe I had to get my license too, I still haven't received it yet, so I have to bring my paper copy.

I have to buy a barrel bag :tard:

AGDlover
09-03-2004, 03:42 PM
cool i live like 5-15min away so ya. whos gonna go on saturday to register and whatnot. i should be there in my AO jersey getting a selonide replaced in my e-mag.

oneworld
09-03-2004, 03:56 PM
i would give my right nut to go!
some one buy me tickits!! :cry:

joeluc1
09-03-2004, 06:57 PM
I also live 15 minutes from the park and decided to go and sign the waiver forms. There was just two guys from AO signing up at the time I was. Everything went great. Picked up my t-shirt but the good news is that my offical mobster mash jersey arrived when I got back from the park. It looks pretty cool I can't wait for sunday. My omen and myself are on a mission to take out shatter. Lets go kayes team

Dayspring
09-03-2004, 08:15 PM
FYI- I talked to Mother today. There is no guarantee that credit cards will be accepted for paint. BRING CASH b/c the ATM on premesis will most likely be empty mid-morning.

SeeK
09-04-2004, 01:46 PM
Just arrived. Current temp is 89F and heat index is 92F with 2 mph winds. At least it's not forcasted to rain and it's still cooler than the first one.

joeluc1
09-04-2004, 03:34 PM
I just got back from the park and bought my paint. They are excepting credit cards, they just have to calll them in