PDA

View Full Version : New RT Custom jams when firing fast (Walking)

rocsolid
09-03-2004, 10:17 AM
I just recently purchased a RT Custom ULE from Logic with the 1.1 vert frame. I brought it to the field twice in the last week and I have some issues.
It seems that when I start to Walk the gun or fire very fast it suddenly stops firing, like it does not recock. I put almost 2 cases of paint and 10 tanks of air thru it.

I just de-gas it then re-gas it and it works, this is a pain in the :wow: so when I got home
I decided to clean and oil it up to see if it helps. I basically filled the asa with a load of oil and dry fired the gun without the barrel, this seemed to help a little but sometimes it still jams.

Am I just short stroking it? or do I need to mess with trigger stops more? or is there something wrong with my gun?

Also with my gun I received the lvl 10 kit with 2 extra springs and some brass round thingys what are these for? will changing the spring help, there is a red and a silver one.

Please help me , thanks :)

pointm@n
09-03-2004, 10:36 AM
http://www.automags.org/resource/level10/index.shtml

sounds like you need to change out the carrier (brass thingies)

the shortest spring will get you the best air efficiency and risk chopping. longest spring is easiest on the paint with not as good air efficiency...

trains are bad
09-03-2004, 10:50 AM
your problem is the reason i gave up on the ULT. It haunted me until i went back to the RT on/off, which is dead reliable. The ult is not faster unless you can walk it. If you get a reliable, consistent setup that is walkable (I did except for the reliable and consistent part), you're all of a sudden as fast as an emag :headbang:

rocsolid
09-03-2004, 11:21 AM
http://www.automags.org/resource/level10/index.shtml

sounds like you need to change out the carrier (brass thingies)

the shortest spring will get you the best air efficiency and risk chopping. longest spring is easiest on the paint with not as good air efficiency...

Which carrier would be best? They all look same to me but I'll look again tonight.

Is the red spring the shortest?

Thanks for your help

rocsolid
09-03-2004, 11:27 AM
your problem is the reason i gave up on the ULT. It haunted me until i went back to the RT on/off, which is dead reliable. The ult is not faster unless you can walk it. If you get a reliable, consistent setup that is walkable (I did except for the reliable and consistent part), you're all of a sudden as fast as an emag :headbang:

so you think it may be the ult or trigger setup that is causing me to loose sleep? When I reveived my gun the ult trigger kit was in the box and unopened it has some tiny pieces in it. Are those the original RT parts or did AGD forget to install? I was told that the ULE customs come stock with the ult already installed.

CoolHand
09-03-2004, 11:36 AM
so you think it may be the ult or trigger setup that is causing me to loose sleep? When I reveived my gun the ult trigger kit was in the box and unopened it has some tiny pieces in it. Are those the original RT parts or did AGD forget to install? I was told that the ULE customs come stock with the ult already installed.

It does.

Those little pieces are the extra shims that you can use if you need to tune the ULT.

The RT Customs do not come with both On/Off assemblies. If you order it with a ULT, that's all you get, if you order it with a stock On/Off, that's all you get.

If you are walking the trigger, and the bolt suddenly sticks forward, I'd say there is a 95% chance that you are just short stroking it.

Adjust the back trigger stop to allow a little more trigger pull, and then make sure you are pulling the trigger all the way back, every time.

Chronobreak
09-03-2004, 12:23 PM
fan it. U CANT WALK IT thes maybe 5 people that can and stil shortstroke it like mad FAN it thats ur best bet

ghideon
09-03-2004, 01:40 PM
I had the same problem with both my E-Mag and my RT ULE. Firing quickly, the RT ULE would jam, and every now and then (esp on Mech mode) the E-Mag would seize up, too.

Either lube the hell out of it, which is a stop gap measure, or move up one carrier size. One the E-Mag I was at the 2.0 carrier, and moved to the 2.5 carrier. This helped.

mixwell2
09-03-2004, 02:31 PM
I agree with CoolHand it sounds like you are short-stroking. If you are too acustomed to the way you walk a trigger try putting in 1-2 more shims. This will decrease the chance of a short stroke.

Can_Opener
09-03-2004, 03:33 PM
Try adjusting the carriers in your level 10 before you give up on walking the trigger, it sounds like you are getting bolt stick, just move up to a bigger size carrier.

Chronobreak
09-03-2004, 03:36 PM
just wanted to add its NOT impossible to walk but takes some skill and coordination and RYTHM. start of slow and speed up. dont immediatly act like tis an electro that can concern diff shots from eachother cause if u hit it before the valve resets :chuff

Tunaman
09-03-2004, 05:10 PM
Try putting the stock frame back on for 5 minutes. Make SURE the issue is in the valve before you pull all of your hair out. ;)