PDA

View Full Version : Wait,... I have to PAY for TFC now?

Will Wood
09-03-2004, 02:14 PM
I recently bought Condition Zero, so I could be able to play Counter-Strike.
Been playing Counter-Strike, but then I tried to play TFC.. and steam wants me to pay for it!?

Please tell me I'm a dumb *** and I completely bypassed the method I get a free TFC....

temps
09-03-2004, 02:55 PM
Condition Zero lets you play condition zero and regular counter strike.. you need a normal half life key to play TFC or any other mod.. yeah its dumb

Edit: oh.. btw cheapest way to get normal half life key is to buy Blue Shift. 15$ CAN

Will Wood
09-03-2004, 03:11 PM
CZ comes with half life.. but I thought all the WON servers were down, so I couldn't play TFC through HL? I'll try it..

gibby
09-03-2004, 03:55 PM
LOL! I can't believe people still play TFC! I used to be so into it about 3 years ago. But actually, I heard from a bud that the old players are returning back to it...strange. But then again, I always thought the team strategy of TFC and the fast paced action was so addicting.

Will Wood
09-03-2004, 04:13 PM
I havn't played TFC in years... I want to play it! I miss the days of owning everyone at 2fort..
Sniping at the bridge, or poisoning the other sides base spawn as a medic/stealing flag (2nd fastest runner)

gibby
09-03-2004, 04:30 PM
Yeah, me too. I do miss the good ol' days of 2fort. I usually played defensive soldier down in the dark basement. But my clan days are long gone. :cry:

Koosh
09-03-2004, 04:36 PM
Oh yeah... TFC was THE BEST out there... I recently tried playing it again, and realized how bad you get when you don't play a game for four years at a time...

Will Wood
09-03-2004, 05:03 PM
Defence is boring.. when I play all the action is on the other teams side :D :D

But really.. TFC was one of the best games out there. They need to remake it. Same gameplay, just new looks.

PyRo
09-03-2004, 05:08 PM
Offesnive demo or offensive engi in well :) I made it to 100 and 0 a few times (no caps) because i'm that 1337.
And burning the HW's with the flame thrower is great fun. And good ol sneaking up on a sniper and baring the heck out of em :)

LittlePaintballBoy
09-03-2004, 05:53 PM
TFC.. great game, but I don't have the memory now to play it according to Steam :(

gibby
09-03-2004, 05:54 PM
Defence is boring.. when I play all the action is on the other teams side :D :D

But really.. TFC was one of the best games out there. They need to remake it. Same gameplay, just new looks.
Defense boring? Not at all!! During clan matches, defense could be one of the more intense gameplay you'll experience!! Organized TFC is much different if you're used to just playing pubs.