PDA

View Full Version : Longer-Term Qloader Users: Opinions?

Magglerock
09-03-2004, 05:12 PM
So what do you long-term Q owners think? Revolutionairy product, or just a fad?

PBX Ronin 23
09-03-2004, 05:38 PM
So what do you long-term Q owners think? Revolutionairy product, or just a fad?
It's indeed been the fastest loader out there - bar none. We know because it's the fastest we used for the PBX Cocker ROF testing.

But from a practical playing standpoint, it isn't the most attractive option for your loading system.

ilikePB
09-03-2004, 05:46 PM
I think the Q Loader is a good idea, I have a Warpfeed and like having the hopper off the top of the gun, but I think only holding 100 paintballs kills it. When I need something to feed really fast I'll just use my Reloader B, although not as fast as a Q loader, it's still really fast and can hold around 180 instead of 100 paintballs.

jwalker87
09-03-2004, 10:26 PM
I think it is the future of paintball. What people don't realize is that the qloader is the first time ANYTHING like this has been tried. The warp feed is nothing even close to the qloader. THe first product of any technological revolution will be far from perfect, and so it is with the qloader. I don't believe the qloader itself is the future of paintball, but once they figure out how to fix the problems with it (delicacy, 100-rnd limit, etc), it will be what everyone will be using in the future.

Also, about the 100 round limit. It really doesn't bother me. If anything, it makes be try to become a better marksman, because I know I have to make every shot count. Kinda like playing pump.

Skoad
09-03-2004, 10:30 PM
I love the lifetime warrenty. I emailed them with my address and got my new part in a week :)

I still haven't mounted it on a gun yet though, I probably won't might just sell it :(

xXHavokXx
09-03-2004, 10:49 PM
I finally played with one and wasn't too impressed, with the pod under the barrel it became front heavy and had a twist when i moved the gun from side to side especially on the shocker tha it was on. I also dont like tubs on guns, just makes them look too nusy. I do appreciate the innovation behind it, but I just dont like it.

team unwanted
09-03-2004, 11:24 PM
I can't stand Q-loaders....I'll be rockin' a Halo till they come out with a halo that runs off a 9volt are something :p

toymyster
09-03-2004, 11:25 PM
My Question is: How easy is it to clean if you break a ball in it??

jwalker87
09-04-2004, 12:11 AM
it can get pretty gunked up and still work well. THe whole thing disassembles with zero tools and you can wash it all with soap and water. So yes, it's really easy to clean.

the larch
09-04-2004, 08:17 AM
this type of thing is the future of paintball. All we need are bottom feeding markers to match it.

GoatBoy
09-05-2004, 11:02 PM
The system works as advertised. I'm quite happy with it.

The new mounting socket is quite nice; too bad you have to pay extra for it. It's a worthy upgrade if you have the creativity to figure out a more suitable mounting location...

Under-barrel mounting is awkward; but mine's not mounted under the barrel...

Breaking a ball in there can be a difficult problem, depending on where exactly you broke it. Disassembling and cleaning them is easy, but getting them dry is another story. It's not something I would undertake at the field. I usually play a set of games with three pods, so I have the other two on standby if something happens.

For a while, I stalked the forums looking for unhappy owners; everytime someone claimed to have one and was unhappy with it, I inquired about taking it off their hands. They would mysteriously vanish. Twilight Zone style.

Last two upgrades I'd like to see are a decent elbow (Pro-team STILL hasn't sent me my warp elbow which I ordered in May), and a shorter pod size, like maybe a 70 (or less) round capacity.

MMM
09-05-2004, 11:18 PM
I agree with GoatBoy that they need a better elbow. As for a smaller pod capacity I'd be surprised if that happened but you never know. I use the custom mounting bracket and I like it much better than under the barrel. My arms are too short to be able to efficiently switch the pods out. I did smash a ball once while loading the pod and just played on. Worked fine, no problems but that may be due to the fact that my Viking will shoot anything pretty faithfully. I have a warp feed also which I love but it's too heavy for me but I find that the Q-loader is a completely different animal. Yeah it's fast but you go through the pod so fast as soon as you get a rythm you need to stop and reload. Oh and my hands are so small that I find re-loading the pods to be a real pain. I'm guessing most people don't have such dinky hands though.

jwalker87
09-05-2004, 11:38 PM
as far as the elbows go, try bad_dog's metal elbows. They're REALLY small, durable, and the qloader tubes fit into them.

Skoad
09-06-2004, 12:48 AM
I don't understand why they haven't made a simple elbow that can screw into a cocker/angel threaded feedneck yet. I don't like how you have to stick it inthe feedneck and then bend the hose in a half loop.

Empyreal Rogue
09-06-2004, 07:28 AM
I don't understand why they haven't made a simple elbow that can screw into a cocker/angel threaded feedneck yet. I don't like how you have to stick it inthe feedneck and then bend the hose in a half loop.

Do you mean like an elbow that will actually go into the body instead of a feedneck? That's an interesting idea.

I bought my Q-Loader as soon as it was released and I've had one problem, and that was my own fault. I talked to AIC and they fixed it for me (Replacement parts). It was really awesome, lifetime warranties are great especially when the company is perfectly willing to back them up.

I can honestly say that there's nothing I'd like to see come out in the future. The 100 round capacity is great for me, size is excellent, capabilities are phenomenal. What else could I ask for? :)

I most certainly think the Q-Loader is a revolutionary product. Other companies have already started implementing clip based ideas, Viewloader Envy anyone? Ugly as all, I know, but if it further betters the design and idea then I'm all for it.

Skoad
09-06-2004, 10:13 AM
yea i'm talking about an elbow that actually screws into the gun where a feedneck is supposed to be.

And their warrenty and customer service is great :)