PDA

View Full Version : How fast is my rt pro shooting when its on "run-away"?

Deadpool3
10-25-2001, 03:16 PM
When i make my pro really reactive where it bounces off my finger going into full auto (just shooting air , without any balls), how fast is it shooting (bps)?

BlackVCG
10-25-2001, 04:02 PM
No idea. All depends on your input pressure and a few other factors. If you want to know how fast you're really shooting, record your gun shooting FA for a few seconds, then look at the sound clip over a one second interval and count the peaks. Each peak is one shot.

Deadpool3
10-25-2001, 04:04 PM
with the settings right, should it be able to reach 26bps?

Load SM5
10-25-2001, 05:52 PM
Not with a human finger. No one is capable of firing that fast.

Deadpool3
10-25-2001, 06:10 PM
well if its really reactive and going full auto, you finger isnt doing any of the work.

DarkPhoenix
10-25-2001, 06:22 PM
Without a feed system force feeding paintballs in at that rate, the gun will be unable to fire at that speed, creating what some would call a "paint blender". The valve can cycle at that speed.

Deadpool3
10-25-2001, 06:36 PM
I understand all that... let me ask this again. Say i have a halo with some kind of mod that lets it consistently feed at 26bps. If i have my pro set right, will it fire balls at 26bps?

DarkPhoenix
10-25-2001, 06:42 PM
Theoretically, it is possible. However there are other factors which effect this.

ShinyGuy
10-25-2001, 07:10 PM
Wasn't the 26 bps test AGD did dry firing? If it was than the cycle speed would be slightly slower due to the mass of the ball and the friction of pushing the ball into the barrel.

Suffice to say, IF you can feed paint fast enough to not turn it into a blender you're going to be shooting far faster than anyone ever really needs to ;)

Deadpool3
10-25-2001, 07:20 PM
I dont like how you say theoretically :( What are the other factors?

I know the tests were done with a computer pulling the trigger, but does that mean it wont get up to 26 if its shooting full auto with a person holding the trigger?

Hexis
10-26-2001, 10:30 AM
IIRC, the 26bps was not dry. Using air fed balls (so faster than anything practical) and a computer controled trigger 76 balls were shot in 3 seconds, without a break.

AkaEnder
10-26-2001, 11:19 AM
Theoretically, it is possible - in a LAB setting. On the field, you'll be lucky to fire 14-16bps with balls for more than a few seconds before chopping.
26bps in actual play - I would wager never. 16-18bps, sure.

Deadpool3
10-26-2001, 01:16 PM
ok, so that means that with my gun, i can sit here in my house, set my reactivness and make it shoot 26 without any balls correct?

BlackVCG
10-26-2001, 01:37 PM
Why is this so important to you? The gun is capable of firing that fast, but nothing can feed paint that fast. If it will give you a warm fuzzy feeling that you can sit in your room and get the thing to "run-away" and start shooting around 20sps, then yes it is possible with a really high input pressure. But your finger will never keep the same pressure on the trigger, so you'll lose that bounce and only get off a short string. The statistic of the valve being able to shoot 26sps without drop off is just noted so you'll be assured that you'll never have drop off when you're shooting paint at high rates of fire.

Temo Vryce
10-26-2001, 01:41 PM
the possiblity is there but I doubt that you will be able to do it. AGD did that with a custom mag with tweaked internals. You might be able to get upwards of 16 bps but I can't see you getting 26, but you may never know.

DYE-BaLLeR
10-26-2001, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Deadpool3
ok, so that means that with my gun, i can sit here in my house, set my reactivness and make it shoot 26 without any balls correct?

ur so silly. do u have a computer for fingers?only a computer can fire that fast, not u.sorry bro, but rts still rip

Deadpool3
10-26-2001, 10:39 PM
ok first of all im not silly :(.

second, i dont need to have a computer for a finger.

third, it does kinda give me a warm feeling inside, but for some reason everyone missed my point so i was trying to say it in different ways. All i wanted to know was how fast i was shootin in "run away". sometimes ppl would ask me when i had the gun in "run-away" how fast (bps) i was shooting. i wanted to tell them around 26 but wasnt sure if that was true. i just wanted to know how fast "I" could personally get it to go (without balls). I dont want to shoot 26bps (although i wouldnt mind seeing it), im more than happy shooting around 10.

I play with around 20 people and im the only one with a mag so i like and show off the speed of the gun when i get the chance. everyone thinks that mags suck and are blenders (especially cocker owners), so i like to prove them wrong, and this is the only reason i was asking about bps in "run away". I never ment to sound like a freak that wanted to walk around shooting 26 bps.

DYE-BaLLeR
10-27-2001, 04:27 PM
ok thats fine. sorry

Deadpool3
10-27-2001, 09:56 PM
its ok ;) i thank everyone who posted