PDA

View Full Version : so i cant start a paintball club....

amoeba
09-03-2004, 11:24 PM
man so lame.

ive been asking around teachers to start a pb club.
but one problem

"Safety Liabilities???"

hmmi need some help

Chronobreak
09-03-2004, 11:25 PM
gotta get through to them how safe the sport actually is

shades
09-03-2004, 11:57 PM
Do you have a Ski club(broken legs), does your school have football(how many guys got injured last game) ,baskeball and god forbid BASEBALL getting hit by one of those. I am sure there are other schools that have paintball clubs, even teams maybe. You need to get facts from the paintball industry about safety. F ind out how other schools deal with the liablity issues, wavers may be, just like for the other sports. you are fighting ignorance, you need facts, figures,a plan, and adult supervision(support) and the interest of your fellow classmates, To get it running. IN short it will be WORK. If that is a four letter to you just quit right now. BUT, if you Truely love Paintball and you want to share the fun with others you can do it.

68magOwner
09-04-2004, 12:43 AM
ok, i started PB club this year, you have to make the club a "discussion club" dont tell administrators your gonna play, then at teh metings, announce taht you are all going to go play as a GROUP, dont have any connection to club outside fo discussion. Unfortunately, only way to do it, they also made us change name to "The Alternative Sport Club" buth the only alternative sport we do is paintball :confused: watever

spacedtedybear
09-04-2004, 02:12 AM
Which teachers did you ask?

amoeba
09-04-2004, 09:45 AM
only one teacher was able to do paintball club, unfortunetly.... hes busy with academy... :(

such a bummmer... now im going around school desperately trying to find one. i even had that teacher email the other teachers man they said they either cant or "LIABILITY of safety" crap.

MasonFootball89
09-04-2004, 11:32 AM
umm well you have to think about the schools liability insurance if the insurance doesnt cover paintball and the school get sued for something than they could get introuble.

In football the insurance would pay not the school.

I do think that schools should let you but this is just the reasons that they dont

matt-o
09-04-2004, 12:08 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=144460&page=1&pp=30
look for the link with insurance stats, apparently playong ball is safer than golf :wow:
good info on that link though
heres the insuance link http://www.ottersccustoms.com/newbie.html#safe

tyrion2323
09-04-2004, 01:17 PM
It's not a matter of statistics. It's the issue of bringing paintball markers to school.

Imagine the havoc someone could wreak upon your classmates if he/she had a bad day.

Chicago Pb 7
09-04-2004, 02:11 PM
Check out my thread for help http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=144460

matt-o
09-04-2004, 03:11 PM
already posted it chicago, and nobody would actually bring the guns to school, just set dates to play there, ive been wanting to get a school tourney going for a while myself

devingoode
09-05-2004, 01:29 AM
what high school are you from in the bay area, gilroy high school wont allow a pb club also

gc82000
09-05-2004, 07:58 AM
On Guam some of the high schools have teams. They may not be sponsored by the school But they are recognized as being from schools. I know of five schools that have at least one team.
Also it might help if you get ppl from the PB community around your school to speak for your potential club. It will show outside involvement and give the school an ability to open up to outside help.