PDA

View Full Version : Scammer Alert!!! Scammer Alert!!!

FragTek
09-04-2004, 06:45 AM
I just received a PM from a customer of mine about a user on PBN and here on AO that's using my feedback links to scam people into purchasing items from him.

His AO name is emaguser777
MSN is [email protected]
AIM is undetermined but believed to be tobyjuhl240

This guy is currently selling an emag which can be found here:
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=150607

He's also selling a few items that the same customer of mine told me about that he doesn't know a thing about, such as a vintage Centerflag "Crossfire" tank that's currently hydroed through 2009. Hrmmm, from what I know, Centerflag never made Crossfire tanks, maybe i'm wrong. Second, even if they did make that tank, and it was an old tank, it'd only be a 3 year tank, meaning there's NO POSSIBLE WAY it could be good through 2009. That has scam written all over it.

Please be careful if you are looking at dealing with this fellow. I am trying to get ahold of him as we speak to see what he says.

Thanks for taking the time to read :)

xprod77
09-04-2004, 08:24 AM
:cuss: Wow dude - thanks for the heads up!! Un-freakin-believable what people try to pull...

Thermus
09-04-2004, 08:34 AM
Glad you caught him early. Nice work

Bad_Dog
09-04-2004, 09:25 AM
nothing gets by detective Frag :clap:

TeamNausea
09-04-2004, 09:43 AM
yeah nice job getting him before he got a bunch of ppl

p8ntbalr2004
09-04-2004, 09:53 AM
I don't think he will be doing any trading on this board Frag ; )

Glad we got him.

Brett

FragTek
09-04-2004, 10:52 AM
I don't think he will be doing any trading on this board Frag ; )

Glad we got him.

Brett

Cheers to p8ntbalr2004! :cheers: He's the one that nabbed this guy and figured him out before someone was caught in an unfortunate situation.

Thanks man, I'm sure this thread will save someone some heartache of a missing $1000 bill :)

BobTheCow
09-04-2004, 11:51 AM
What a tool... good catch guys, too bad he picked somebody who's way to well known to get away with something like that!! :rofl:

cphilip
09-04-2004, 11:54 AM
....I don't get it.... he is linking to YOUR feedback? and how does that actually assist him? He is claiming to be you? Or your assuming people will click the feedback link and not notice its about someone else?

Not certain if its deliberate, stupidity, or .... both. :confused:

FragTek
09-04-2004, 01:02 PM
cphil,

Yeah, he's giving people a link to my feedback thread when they ask to see his feedback. I'm not sure if he's trying to play it off as his like it's another name he's registered under or exactly how he's trying to play it off. But he's definately trying to use my feedback.

p8ntbalr2004
09-04-2004, 01:18 PM
I can post a litle more information.

We were discussing a trade, and I said I would not be shipping first unless he could provide more feedback than I have, which is something like 45ish. He said he didnt have quite that much, but he had some. I said to get me a link for his feedback.

Low and behold, he sent me Fragteks feedback. I confornted him right away saying how he was not Fragtek etc, and he said he was!! Finally, he agreed with me that he was not fragtek, but sent me a link to some ebay feedback. Who knows if that was actually his or not? But he is definately not frag.

Maybe that can clear some of this up.

cphilip
09-04-2004, 01:20 PM
cphil,

Yeah, he's giving people a link to my feedback thread when they ask to see his feedback. I'm not sure if he's trying to play it off as his like it's another name he's registered under or exactly how he's trying to play it off. But he's definately trying to use my feedback.

Thats just dumb....

Whats his user name here on AO? I think thats enough to get you gone from here....

p8ntbalr2004
09-04-2004, 01:22 PM
cphil, his user name is emaguser777. I know he has atleast an emag for sale, didn't bother to look for anything else.

:cheers:

cphilip
09-04-2004, 01:36 PM
He's gone....

sneakyhacker420
09-04-2004, 02:58 PM
simply put: pwned.

FragTek
09-04-2004, 04:58 PM
He's gone....

Praise the cphilipinator! emaguser777 - YOU GOT PWNED! :shooting:

Thanks man.

p8ntbalr2004
09-04-2004, 05:02 PM
Its amazing what keeping your eyes open can do. :clap: Im sure if I didn't catch him, somebody would got ripped.

Hopefully he is gone for good!

Happy trading guys. :cheers:

slade
09-04-2004, 05:09 PM
hey Cphil, i have a question. when you ban someone, does it disable their screenname, or does it block the computers ip address? if their screenname is disabled, couldnt they just register again and continue scamming?

btw good catch everyone!

BobTheCow
09-04-2004, 11:59 PM
slade - they have the option of doing either/or. Good work Phil! :cheers:

cphilip
09-05-2004, 11:11 AM
hey Cphil, i have a question. when you ban someone, does it disable their screenname, or does it block the computers ip address? if their screenname is disabled, couldnt they just register again and continue scamming?

btw good catch everyone!

It blocks his IP... if I do an IP ban.

But people have ways of getting around that. However it's more trouble for them to do so. You need to be wary of anyone you don't know when doing business.

Cryer
09-05-2004, 11:15 AM
excellent work, guys :cheers:

FragTek
09-05-2004, 11:28 AM
Anything to help make AO a safer trading environment :)

Severe
09-05-2004, 12:22 PM
For what it's worth, I had contact this guy about the emag. He im'ed me back. I never looked at the feedback or anything because of the converstaion we had.

From the short chat we had, I would guess this person is VERY young. Even if it were an older person acting as a youngster he wouldn't have been this convincing.

Anyway, not sure if the seller was malicious or just inexperienced. Perhaps someone should have contacted him before the ban? I dunno.

FragTek
09-05-2004, 12:26 PM
He was contaced by me (undercover) and p8ntbalr... When I asked to see his feedback thread, sure enough, he linked me to my own feedback, rofl.

No one could really be this stupid. Well obviously they can, he proved it. I'm sure his ban was much deserved.