PDA

View Full Version : New RT Pro rails Anno or Powder coated?

luke
09-04-2004, 10:56 AM
I was wondering if the new RT Pro rails were powder coated or anodized? Normally when you strip anno it takes 1/2 to 1 hour to strip, I stripped my rail in less than a minute! :cool:

The reaction was different when I dropped in the stripper, the chemical reaction was instantaneous rather than slow going. :p

What's the scoop??

luke
09-05-2004, 02:30 PM
up :D

ClassicMagger
09-05-2004, 03:27 PM
Hey:

Luke- They are definately annodized my friend.

-ClassicMagger

luke
09-05-2004, 08:24 PM
Why do you say that?

Have you ever heard of stripping anno in about 30 seconds?

shatter_storm
09-05-2004, 09:05 PM
I ran into something similar the other day. I was doing a beavertail for a friend, it sat in the stripper for maybe a minute before it really started losing color. pulled it out after five minutes (I was skeptical), all the finish rubbed off clean. I havn't buffed it back up to anodize, but it cleaned up way too fast to be old ano. Maybe we should get something that definatly is powdercoated and dunk it to test?

luke
09-06-2004, 10:17 AM
What was odd about the RT Rail was after about 15 seconds in the stripper there was (for the lack of a better word) a violent chemical reaction which created a lot of heat and put off a horrible (probably toxic) fumes. The rail came out absolutely clean; it didn't need wiped down at all. This is a completely different situation that you normally see when you strip anno.

Knowing that aluminum can be anodized or powder coated, I was wondering if Tom switched to powder coating on some of his stuff.

Snertz
09-06-2004, 10:30 AM
Maybe the anno is just thinner than most others? How long does it take to strip anno from an older automag rail?

luke
09-06-2004, 10:56 AM
Not sure about the older ones.....