PDA

View Full Version : AO Help Me Get A County Paintball Park

SlipknotX556
09-04-2004, 06:12 PM
As some of you may not know, Palm Beach County has shut down 3 of the fields in my area, because of zoning. All 3 of these fields were great and were safe and fun to play for everyone, from kids just starting to play, to players from Aftershock and Strange. In June, each of the parks were shut down, one was not zoned for it, but has been there for 23 years and has never been bothered before, the other just one person complained and then it was shut down, the other was run by a church and one person complained and then it was shut down. Now there was another field that I went to, Extreme Rage in Ft. Myers but it was recently destroyed by Charley. I have not played since June, I dont believe I will play anytime soon, because only fields that are close to me are in Miami, Orlando, since gas prices are high I will not be making trips to them. The county has also claimed that paintball causes crime and is only meant to be played by people who like to shoot people. Now because of the recent closing of all 3 fields in my county, kids are now playing renegade paintball, going onto private property and playing next I-95, which results in cars getting shot. Also playing next to neighbor hoods where kids play right next to where their renegade field is, houses are getting shot up and people are calling the police which is resulting in these kids getting arrested and their gear taken away from them. I would like AO to email the county board commissioners and please tell them that paintball is a safe sport for everyone to play, ask when they are going to build a county park so kids can play safe and keep it legal, but please do NOT flame them, do not curse, be civilized. Heres a link to where you can have the email adress of some board commissioners, just click any of the peoples names and it will automatically have an email ready to be written on, complete with a topic name and an email adress. Heres the link http://www.mikespaintball.com/Playing%20Field.htm

There was recently an artice in my local paper, about renegade paintball, heres a link to the article. http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localnews/content/south_county/epaper/2004/08/29/s1c_paintball_0829.html

Please everyone on AO, help me and every paintballer in South Florida, take a few minutes to write an email and tell them that paintball is not a bad thing, when they are going to open a county paintball park, so kids can play legally and stay safe doing it.

THANKS!

tony3
09-04-2004, 06:14 PM
Talk to Bill Mills about helping you out. He was part of getting one by where he lives, great article on warpig about it. Good luck though!

SlipknotX556
09-04-2004, 06:17 PM
Talk to Bill Mills about helping you out. He was part of getting one by where he lives, great article on warpig about it. Good luck though!

Bill I think is trying, but Palm Beach is a strict county, so I think we are gonna need as much help as we can get for the county to see paintball isnt a bad thing.

xXHavokXx
09-04-2004, 06:42 PM
Maybe the AGG Gods just dont like So Fla. Roffelcopter !!!!one!!!!111!!!! Pray to HK.

Sorry about that, my co-worker was just on ST and it's wretched filth has seeped into the air here. In all seriousness, search AO for the insurance report threads showing how safe paintball is and show how lucrative it is as well. For instance, we passed the billion dollar a year mark, so some of that can be taxed.

slade
09-04-2004, 08:42 PM
reading that newspaper article sort of reminds me of my outlaw ball field... me and my friend spent a year working on it, and just finished playing a 1 on 1 game and some woman that worked for the town walked over to us and told us that we had a week to leave. she said that she would help us find another place to set up a field, and we called her repeatedly about it but she always wormed her way out of it. now we have to drive for over an hour and pay $25 entrance and $60-80 a case to play... but i guess thats not as bad as having no field at all. good luck, hope you get a field.

SlipknotX556
09-08-2004, 10:54 PM
AO, I really need your help on this one. Paintball is a huge part of my life, it gives me something to do, so I dont go back to my old habits. If everyone could just send one email to one of the commissioners, it can make a difference, in the survival of Palm Beach County.

Thanks

gc82000
09-09-2004, 03:30 AM
MAn I give my condolences to you man. There is only one actual feild on Guam and it is on a Navy base. So in order to get in you have to have a sponsor or plan the event out a month in advance. the other established place would be the tamuning feild but that is in itself a rengade feild.