PDA

View Full Version : freak barrel info

rudy
10-25-2001, 06:34 PM
I have some questions about the freak barrel for a mag for any people who have one.
how long is the back half if you could get out a ruler and measure that would help me alot.

How do the inserts go in since the mag barrel has a wole cut at the breach do the inserts just slide up to the edge of that hole or do they have thier own holes or what.

are there any problems with ball breaks because it is probably the first one on the inserts and i imagine that means there is a step in the barrel that could catch the ball. up a little.

Load SM5
10-25-2001, 06:56 PM
The back half is about 7.25" and the inserts are inserted by unscrewing the 2 halves and sliding them in through the front of the back half. I have had no breakage problems at all. I've hav'nt noticed any problem due to that little step up.

Russ
10-25-2001, 07:32 PM
I am VERY interested in a Freak for my E-Mag. My Q is, can a 1 nubbin/ball stop set-up be adequate for a warp fed gun? I have had nubbin breakeage problems with the stock barrel (dual nubbins). Does anyone have experience with a warp fed E-Mag and a Freak barrel system? any input would be greatly appreciated.

Load SM5
10-25-2001, 07:40 PM
I have'nt tried it with a warp but I've never broken a nubbin in my freak, even the old P-style. The vertical feed freak does have dual nubbins, not sure about the powerfeed freak.

AkaEnder
10-25-2001, 07:43 PM
powerfeed freak is a single nubbin. I've broken 2 P nubbins with mine, but the v nubbin is just fine and I run a warp fed emag as well. no problems after moving to the V nubbin style.

alf
10-25-2001, 09:22 PM
i busted a nubbin on my freak the first day i got the retro...being a newbie, i didnt know it was the nubbin, so, i thought it was bolt stick, or some conflict with the barrel...so, i shot my J&J ceramic all day...then, next time i go to the field, im shooting one shot (with my freak), pushing the bolt back, shooting one shot, pushing the bolt back...lol...feeling like a minuteman, with a $1200.00 musket!....thinking "this sucks!"...anyway, FINALLY, the gun wont fire anymore, so i take it back, take it apart, had a REAL HARD TIME with it (email me if you want details), finally get the valve out, get the barrel off, replace the nubbin, and start to rock....

get a freak...its worth it...this is probably the first nubbin i busted in 6-7 cases of paint