PDA

View Full Version : this is a tough one...

nirvana1234
09-05-2004, 02:19 PM
guys i need help...i know ive asked which gun is better threads or which gun should i get threads but with this one im really stuck...really stuck! i play maybe once or twice a month(woodsball speedball soon...hopefully)and i want to play more but i have no job. i have a spyder xtra with a 32 degrees drop forward and a ipi 3.0 trigger frame and i want a new gun for christmas. now i decided to get the b2k4 w/pds but then i realized that is a $500 gun and i only play 2 times a month. i dont want a gun that cost so much and only play 2 times a month. so im thinking of getting a different gun... a gun that isnt so much money so i wont feel bad for such a nice gun being used very little. its between getting a A-5 w/ e-grip and ultralight, and a kapp dropzone and on/off(im a backman that likes a really small gun that is light..kind of funny) or a bko w/ ultralight, and kapp dropzone w/ on/off. now wat do u guys think. should i just get the b2k4 w/pds or get one of those guns. now i know that most of u guys will say shoot and find out but the thing is is that i havent gone to a field yet and might not be able to for a little while, ive only held a A-5 and i like the feel of it and the other two are goodi hear. ive done a lot of reseach and they are all great guns buti need help...plz!

ps. if there are any other guns out there i should consider plz tell(no impys plz all ready ruled those out for b2k) and i will have a hpa tank by the time i get watever gun i get so dont worrie about that...oh and i cant get a used gun(mom dont trust ebay or forums)

thanx for all the help a head on time

eightball
09-05-2004, 02:30 PM
you kno, u ARE in a mag forum... maybe u could consider mags?? :rofl:

nirvana1234
09-05-2004, 02:36 PM
i always thought about it and i love mags but i want a gun that has a very light trigger pull and the mags are mech. i know the hAir is coming out(hopefully) but im just worried that if i doesnt come out ill be pissed!

eadtf
09-05-2004, 02:48 PM
i always thought about it and i love mags but i want a gun that has a very light trigger pull and the mags are mech. i know the hAir is coming out(hopefully) but im just worried that if i doesnt come out ill be pissed!

Have you looked at the ULE trigger kit, it really helps.

teufelhunden
09-05-2004, 02:51 PM
Yeah, for sure consider 'Mags. Rule out the A-5, it'll perform worse than your Spyder.

What's your budget? That's.. ya know, always a nice thing to know. But it sounds like you're lookin around 300-350. In that pricerange you're gonna find 'Mags, 'Cockers, and BKOs, as you've indicated. Lemme see what I can do for ya right here..

'Mags:

Pros: Light, moderately fast, very consistent.
Cons: GAS HOGS.

'Cockers [really depends on the setup, obviously]:

Pros: Consistent, efficient, decent speed.
Cons: If you don't know what you're doing you may have problems, always will have the upgrade bug, should really have a barrel kit.

BKOs:

Pros: Fastest BPS, as it's electric.

Cons: I've heard the regs are pretty hit or miss, faster means more paint, which might not be cool if you're worried about droppin 500 on a b2k.

All these gats will be quality, well, the 'Cocker depends on what you buy and such. Stock, or with an upgraded barrel, assuming the same barrel and the same paint, the 'Mag will probably be the most accurate, since it'll be the most consistent.

If you're going to start playing speedball... you're going to be consumed about always getting a faster gun. This is why... you shouldn't get the BKO. It's physically capped, by the design of its solenoid, at 17-18 bps. Both the 'Cocker and 'Mag can go faster. It doesn't matter, those are mech you say? Consumed by speed=upgrades. Like mad. Accordingly, your 'Cocker would end up Ebladed and your 'Mag hAir triggered. So yeah. Assuming you have quick fingers, you'd be able to outshoot the BKO.

If, for some reason, you decided you aren't going to upgrade like that, the 'Mag will be the best performer.

Therefore, get a 'Mag.

my god, I almost did a proof.. well, not really, but kinda, a little bit...

ahhhhhh

Snap Shooter
09-05-2004, 07:18 PM
I've owned a few different guns that run the spectrum of your price range...

Custom 98 (all stock)- threw balls everywhere but the intended target, suprisingly fast, and
of course indestructable. Needs quite a few upgrades (start w/ Barrel).

ATS AT-85 (base kit)- dead on accurate (has a unique ball sizer that adjusts to each ball as
it is loaded), very fast and has a full auto mode which can be locked
out, uses a clip feed system (kinda like a mini-warp) so it doesn't
break paint, complex marker, sounds like the real deal and is perfect
for scenario games but not so perfect for tourney ball.

Black Dragun (some ups)- blazing fast, had a nice CP barrel but the recoil kept the shot
groups kinda large, had a lot of fun in both the woods and airball
field with this marker, cheap marker but never had any problems.

Autococker (mad ups)- beautiful marker, superb accuracy (not much recoil for so many
moving parts), Seemed like I was always tweaking it, whether it
needed it or not.

Automag (classic valve, ule, intelli, revy)- great all round marker, fast, compact, and
inexpensive, low maintanence, always reliable

Automag (X-valve, ult, intelli, ule, evil pipes, evo2)- perfection. :D

At first I had some concerns about playing tourney ball with a mag, I came to AO asked a few questions started shooting a classic valve and then got the x valve w/ult and can honestly say that with the accuracy of the pipes and speed of the ult, I'll not need another marker....Still saving for a logic frame though ;) .

LunchBox89
09-05-2004, 07:24 PM
did you have the same thread in pbn and i suggested mags

Slade xTekno
09-05-2004, 08:00 PM
He did, lu.

It got closed.

abunkerer
09-06-2004, 10:37 AM
id stick with your spyder, slap a nice air system on there and a nice inline reg & it will work fine. Or buy a used gun, usually people buy really expensive guns and clean them more than they shoot them. fully upgraded impulses are going for 350 now! or you can get a nice pre 2003 angel for under 300. Mags are a great option for someone who does not play a lot, because you can just let it sit for a couple months, put in a few drops of oil, hook the air up to it and it will always work.

MasonFootball89
09-06-2004, 01:27 PM
Well your spider is already broken in and stuff I mean really a spider is gonna be even better than an A-5 just stick with the spider.

hobbesTZ
09-06-2004, 06:06 PM
I would also conider Tribals. You can find a wealth of information on them on the PB Nation Tribal forums. There are a lot of good guys there that would be happy to assist you.

LittlePaintballBoy
09-06-2004, 06:28 PM
its between getting a A-5 w/ e-grip and ultralight, and a kapp dropzone and on/off(im a backman that likes a really small gun that is light..kind of funny

:rofl:

Enemy
09-06-2004, 06:30 PM
rt ule for the price you just cant beat it!! also dont count out the fact that the hyper frame can be used so their is another option besides the hair trigger and GAdevil is soon to come out with a vert frame electric so the hair trigger is not the only trigger system out for the mag that increases speed!