PDA

View Full Version : Spyder Fenix Problems

Carbon Blue
09-05-2004, 05:57 PM
hey whats up!? My friend just got his spyder fenix and an ACI Bulldog 4 68ci 4500tank. As soon as we aired it up, it would shoot single shots but the ball would just roll out. But if you started walking it it would start to go full auto. The gun did say "reactive trigger" but i wasnt sure if it meant the same thing as a mag. I checked the cup seal and the sear seemed fine. anything else?

Thermus
09-05-2004, 06:05 PM
Make sure its cocked before you air it up.

Flow_Tech
09-05-2004, 06:17 PM
do what thurmus said,then change the battery,turn the velocity up,oil it,and make sure there is no kinks in the hosing.

Kevmaster
09-05-2004, 06:20 PM
theres prolly a kink somewhere in the flow of the parts...either the hammer tube or teh bolt tube is holing them back with friction. clean them out...put new orings (that fit) on them and oil her up...see if that helps

Carbon Blue
09-05-2004, 06:51 PM
what did seem kinda weird was when we were trying to pull the bolt out youd have to pull it pretty hard because the bolt would get stuck in the last 1/4 of the body. The gun came with a delrin bolt. Did i mention when after a few shots (the little star looking thing inside the bolt) flew out? The gun would shoot but the balls would just drop right out. we were able to get that back in but that has never happened to me before with my backup spyder.

11_Mile_TMaster
09-05-2004, 07:23 PM
The star part is the 'venturi' ... You're better off taking it out.

I'd reccommend trying either a higher or lower regulator pressure.

Kevmaster
09-05-2004, 08:19 PM
nah...no reg needed..

as long as the bulldog is a ~800psi output tank (NOT a 450psi output) then hes fine.

look on the bolt and the bolt tube...any obvious burrs? are teh orings the ones from the factory? are they really fat?

Carbon Blue
09-05-2004, 08:42 PM
from what i remember there were only 2 black orings in the center of the bolt and he added another to the front because it was missing. The orings seem to be okay. On the delrin bolt there is a REALLLL bad scrape on it, and there are some scuffs on the stock bolt.

AnArchist_1944
09-05-2004, 11:21 PM
make sure the bolt is NOT upside down the hole on the bolt should be faceing down.

punkncat
09-06-2004, 09:04 AM
If your bolt is sticking , that would cause the problem that you have. It could be that the delrin bolt has swollen from being oiled , or that the o-ring that was added is binding up.

It is not unusual for the bolt to have scrape marks on it, it is a normal part of wear from use.

Try the stock bolt and see if it slides through the body better.

Check and make sure the marker is cycling properly w/o balls in it. Then check with balls and adjust velocity. Has anyone ever changed the springs inside the marker?

I highly suggest you ask for help on the Kingman USA forums. Look for a guy named OtterSC. He knows all about spyders.

Destructo6
09-06-2004, 03:53 PM
I assume this Fenix was purchased used (delrin bolt, etc)?

You really can't put the bolt in upside down, since the link pin is set-screwed to the bolt. You'd have to loosen the set screw, push the link pin out the other side, then tighten the set screw to do so.

The Fenix comes with a regulator, out of the box. I won't say it's a particularly good one. So, what does the gauge on the VA block say? You really can't get above 280fps under 500psi with the stock Spyder valve.

The Fenix uses the standard IPI frame guts as the rest of the E-Spyder line. It includes full auto as one of the modes, but should default to semi when it's first powered up. Charge the battery (14hrs for wall charger from fully depleted) and try it again. Usually, a low battery will turn on the top LED (red), spontaneously switch it from auto to semi, and finally make a weak click sound, but not release the striker.

Destructo6
09-06-2004, 07:15 PM
I forgot to mention the striker Oring. Make sure it is in good shape and oiled. A dry striker Oring can cause doubling.

Carbon Blue
09-07-2004, 03:16 PM
you guys ive tried everything!! We brought the gun into a local paintball store (trusted and everyone is certified to work on guns) well the employee aired up the gun with the stock bolt in. Sure enough the bolt went crazy and the top cocking rod snapped off!!! bah!! :tard:

when it is aired up the regulator gauge on the fenix reads about 520 psi. It is in the green zone.

Carbon Blue
09-09-2004, 12:18 AM
okay this sucks real bad. I really do think we got a lemon of a gun. So we get the gun back after taking to the local paintball store and they were able to fix it. They said some nut in front of the hammer wasnt put in right or something. So we get back home and start shooting around and the gun was shooting great. Then all of a sudden the trigger sounded weak. SO he thought it was the batteries. Turned out that one of the capacitors got disconnected somehow and started leaking liquid stuff which i believe is silicon. THIS SUCKS! so tommorow we might go shoppin for some capacitors. bah!!