PDA

View Full Version : TOM WON!!!!!! (Shatnerball 2004)

Muzikman
09-05-2004, 08:46 PM
You heard it right...Tom's team won by a landslide. I forget the final score, but they didn't even wanna announce Shatners Score.

GotMag?
09-05-2004, 08:49 PM
AGDOWNED!!!! :clap:

punkncat
09-05-2004, 08:50 PM
Last I heard Tom's side outnumbered Shatners better than 2 to 1. Did late entrants even that up more , or did they take people from one side to even things up some?

If not , it is no suprise......congrads anyway.

SniperSmurf
09-05-2004, 09:50 PM
That's just because Sulu wasn't there... ;)

_tMAN
09-05-2004, 10:17 PM
WOOHOO!!!
Go Tom

gibby
09-05-2004, 10:41 PM
Awesome Tom!! Congrats to you and all that played beside you!! :hail:

Mango
09-05-2004, 10:49 PM
Maybe because of the 2 to 1 sign up ratio?

Just a thought...

Miscue
09-05-2004, 10:49 PM
How much was raised for charity? Anyone know?

Muzikman
09-05-2004, 10:53 PM
I do not know for sure, but the teams looked even to me.

I don't know how much was raised.

AGD
09-06-2004, 12:07 AM
The teams were EVEN down to a few people. My guys played AWESOME!! My command staff was INCREDIBLE and I made all my personal missons which were worth a lot of points. After a two year wait it felt great to win! Thanks to AO for turning out, sorry I couldnt have spent more time with youall but I was a little busy......

And now for dancing bananas!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

The Don

Smoke
09-06-2004, 12:16 AM
All Hail The Don!!!!!

WenULiVeUdiE
09-06-2004, 12:23 AM
Awesome job Tom! Sounds like everyone had a real blast.
I think my dad would pee his pants if he knew he was going to be meeting Captain Kirk.

I think it's great this raised money for charities, so your true spirits( not that were previously hidden).

gc82000
09-06-2004, 04:46 AM
Good job TK. Now to start the planning for next year. I hope I will be able to make it.

rathbaster
09-06-2004, 11:15 AM
Awesome and congrats. :clap:

I guess that proves they aren't completely rigged in Shatner's favor.

Can't wait for the DVD. :cheers:

-Rath

WhippedPistol
09-06-2004, 11:49 AM
Yeah I had a real blast with TK but the most fun times were when a group of us took bedlam in the second half of the game and when we helped protect Toms tank. BTW this was my first scenario game ever and want to say thanks to eveyone who came for making it something that i want to do again.

Gambit1106
09-06-2004, 11:57 AM
I think the final score was about 670 something to 195. I know before lunch it was like 350 to 10. The final battle was the best, having our team hang the flag in the last 10 seconds. :dance: :shooting:

Mango
09-06-2004, 12:01 PM
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jtrussell7/hayguysgambit.jpg

http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/wavey.gif

Darkstorm
09-06-2004, 12:04 PM
I don't know who all the x and e mags were on the stone road with me, but I was IMPRESSED. I was constantly walking ahead of the firing line to get an angle on the guys in the woods and the cover fire was AWESOME.

At one point 11 streams of paint were flying around my head for cover. You can just not imagine the sight and sound of that much paint coming from behind you. Most of it inches from me. I normally expect to get tapped in the back when I am doing that, but in 1/2 an hour, not a single ball touched me from behind. :hail:

:shooting: :shooting: :) :shooting: :shooting:

wispaintstyle
09-06-2004, 01:38 PM
Great game guys. Thanks for destroying me, it actually felt good. I have now made the convertion to scenario. I wanna see everyone next year, exept i wanna be around some people that aren't marines on their first day. Its like I'm 25 and make 11,000 a year so you should listen to me, not fun. At least the rangers were polite. I hope I see them around

Jeffy-CanCon
09-06-2004, 07:21 PM
Congratulations, Tom!

"Well Done!" to all the AO crew who showed up!

AutomagRT1483
09-06-2004, 08:33 PM
All hail Tom! WooHoo!

My grenade attack really helped in the final battle. Got AGDJon to wear he needed to be to lock down the left side a bit. I did it again right after that with four pods of paint since I was out of air.

GRENADA!!!

ubooze
09-06-2004, 09:27 PM
Dude, it was great.

Me, in my not so great moment, infatuated with that superb pump gun I bought just a few moments earlier.

http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/8000/DSC00451_4129_rs.JPG

AGD-OfficeGal
09-06-2004, 09:40 PM
The teams were even. We froze Tom's team before online registration had closed, and at the registration booth we had a running count of how many more people had to sign up for the Shatner team before we would open up Tom's side again. It actually wound up with a slight advantage in numbers on The Shaft's side, but once you get over 300 people on a team a difference of 15-16 people is negligible.

The score at the lunch break was 420 to 60 and The Don just rolled on from there. The Don completed all his Commander's Missions and while the Shaft made several attempts he was thwarted and unable to finish his Missions.

Bear in mind that this was my first tournament of any kind ever and I was not able to *see* any of the play ... but I heard from players that The Don's field commanders were outstanding (I also heard this from at least one of the field commanders :rolleyes: ).

TOM YOU EARNED THIS ONE and you really deserved it!

I should note though that members of the blue team (Shatner) never gave up and I never saw them hanging their heads, nor did I hear a single whine. In fact, one blue jersey ran past me and shouted, "Do I have to pay extra because I'm having too much fun?"

I just can't believe I gotta go back to work tomorrow already... :sleeping:

Marcia
Mother of Dragons

trevorjk
09-06-2004, 09:56 PM
I just can't believe I gotta go back to work tomorrow already... :sleeping:

Marcia
Mother of Dragons

i had to go to work at 7am this morning! and i didnt get home till about midnight :mad:

but yes it was great fun and want to play again soon ... how about another one in about 2 weeks :p

slasherdan
09-06-2004, 11:03 PM
Bear in mind that this was my first tournament of any kind ever and I was not able to *see* any of the play ... but I heard from players that The Don's field commanders were outstanding (I also heard this from at least one of the field commanders :rolleyes: ).

Buckshot got the ball rolling on getting everyone organized. He couldn't make it to the Captain's meeting the night before so we went in there. We were glad to hear that the other Captain's had the same play as we did.

Punish "The Shaft" and his men in the first two hours and destroy thier moral ...

That's what we accomplished .... and we could tell from the way they played that they knew they were going to loose.

But .... they put up one HELL of a fight. We pulled off a lot of missions, and we made a point to push to their HQ at the beginning of each round just to give them the impression that we could do it at any time.

My hats off to the other team ... they gave as much as they got ... we just made sure we were organized before hand to make it count ...

doc_Zox
09-08-2004, 11:50 AM
So now that honor has been restored to the AGD fold,
howz about next year the AGD army splits up sides,
instead of handing righteous woop down upon the walk ons?

We had Blues that were quite scenario clueless.
It makes it hard to nerf the Ranger tank when marker doods
take up harassing fire positions directly behind the LAWsman spiderhole.

The sides may have been numerically even
but they were lopsided from the experience level.

I had a blast, but some of the smacked down newbies may have a
had a better time running with AGD scenario leaders.

If the paint vendors would have donated the paint to the event,
and the players bought it for 50 bucks a case,
the charities would of benefited in a much more dramatic fashion.

IMHO, the Cash only marker raffle at the end was a tad lame
and way too long.

There might have been a serious bidding war,
if signed Tac 0nes used by the celebs were the booty.

-dZ

Paladin
09-09-2004, 08:59 AM
A good time was had by all :cheers: but I do think the red team had just a little advantage in experience numbers. Spent most of my time working the edges and digging out snipers and such. :)

Would really like to see some of the pics of us in our Zuit Suits (sp?)
Wishin the costume company would have had some spats available.
:clap:

Muzikman
09-09-2004, 09:15 AM
A good time was had by all :cheers: but I do think the red team had just a little advantage in experience numbers. Spent most of my time working the edges and digging out snipers and such. :)

Would really like to see some of the pics of us in our Zuit Suits (sp?)
Wishin the costume company would have had some spats available.
:clap:

I think I did get a few of the guys in the suits. But I never saw everyone all together except for in that small little room. I should have rounded you guys up and took one good pic.