PDA

View Full Version : Got a Micromag and some questions

Cort95
09-05-2004, 10:51 PM
Goodie, I am once again a Mag owner! :) I picked up a used 68MicroMag at a local shop for a good price, and not suprisingly it shoots just air just like new. The big test comes tomorrow when I load 'er up with paint. The on/off drop needs a seal on the pin and the bolt is pretty dirty, but it's a fine machine.
I'm wondering if anyone can point me to some info as to exactly what vintage this model is. It's serial number GFX003137, in some sort of blue-green leafy smear on black ano. It has a matched removable powerfeed, single trigger 45 grip frame with aftermarket clear grips, and threaded barrel. The barrel has no porting or muzzle break, it is a very attractive piece that narrows a couple of inches from the breech then flares a bit at the end with 8 flats in an octagonal pattern around the circumference of the widest point. This doesn't look at all the same as the pictures on the proteam site but seems very familiar to me for some reason. The detent is the plastic rocker type. The regulator has 3 stars on it, and the velocity adjusting nut has been replaced with an ANS thumb adjuster, it seems much nicer than the overblown thumbscrews I see so much of, it has nice chamfered edges and two finger-sized groves cut into it on opposite sides.
Sorry if I am going on and on, but this is the nicest marker I have ever owned, and I want to be as detailed as possible for anybody out there who may be able to tell me more about this marker. I am also curious if the AGD warp feeds will work or if I will need to get one from proteam when the time comes. Well, thanks for your time and patience, just had to shout out my Mag Pride :)

DiSoRdeR
09-05-2004, 11:18 PM
You got a new marker and no pics? I also got a Micromag, mine is a chrome 2k vert feed micro :D

Muzikman
09-05-2004, 11:40 PM
Ok, a few ways you can tell what generation a Micromag is.

Gen1 = Fixed barrel
Gen2 = Removable barrel and removable detent
Gen3 = Non removable detent (it's machined into the body)

Cort95
09-07-2004, 07:12 PM
Ah, thanks, it seems to be gen 3, you would have to push the pin out to remove the detent, it passes through a milled flare in the side of the body. Any advice on how to determine which warp kit to get?

DiSoRdeR
09-07-2004, 07:17 PM
I think the AGD one will, dont see why it wouldnt. I was also wondering about this, is there a difference?

Muzikman
09-07-2004, 08:00 PM
The proteam warp comes with a different (more adjustable) mounting bracket with the vibro sensor on it (instead of inside the warp). The proteam model comes with an aluminum 90 degree adapter. The AGD comes with a plastic one. To be honest, the AGD is cheaper and will do just as good of a job.