PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Tom!

Glickman
09-06-2004, 10:04 AM
Just want to say thanks, this was a awsome event, and my favorite by far. Im sure all of us cant wait for the DVD.

the only con of this whole thing was some of the communication of the rules between the refs. When we had asked the refs if we were allowed to throw the stick of dynamite over the fence, he said no, that i posed a danger getting hit with, as thats what the senior refs told them. Yet, the refs watching shatners team were a little too over excited to call a bunch of us out after throwing a stick of dynamite over the fence at us. Also, they didnt seem to know the rules regarding grenades in houses and whatnot, but i guess it is very hard to make decisive rules for everything.'

also, i gave a bag of paint to some guys who were gonna throw them at manboobs, anyone know how that turned out? (i had to leave early from getting shot in the knee, osgood-shlatters)

HoboJudge
09-06-2004, 11:54 AM
I'd also like to say thanks for the great event. This was my first scenario game, and it was definitely the best time I ever had paintballing, if not the best time of my life. My friend who came with feels the same way. I have absolutely no complaints about this event. It has piqued an interest in scenario games for me, and I plan on attending many more. I hope next year's event will be somewhere I can get too, because I'm hooked.

warthog2t0
09-06-2004, 06:04 PM
yea mad props out to tom! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

AGDlover
09-06-2004, 09:54 PM
Thanks sooooo much Tom. You are truley an insperation to our AGD & AO family!

kevdupuis
09-07-2004, 01:50 AM
I had a great time, even though I had to hobble around all day.

Muzikman
09-07-2004, 09:05 AM
This was a great event. You will always have problems with refs, communication and the like, at big games, but all and all I think the game went smooth. I did not play, but took pictures all weekend. This let me see the game from both sides.

Tom, I think you can now relax. you and the people you brought in around you to organize the event did a great job. Hope it happens again next year, and from the rumors I hear, I hope Pacman can nail down the new location, it would be too cool.

OldCrow
09-07-2004, 04:10 PM
Wow, Glickman, hope you're okay! My wife has O-S and once broke her leg from standing up to answer the phone.

There seemed to be a general lack of knowing what to do with just about everyone there. There were those of us who came to play paintball and those of us who came apparently only to stand just out of range and lob longballs at the enemy. Were any of you in the treeline next to the netting shooting at the dancing freak in the fedora? The freak was me trying to convince the rest of my cronies that it was safe to come out from the opposite trees and shoot at you all. I managed to play dodgeball for almost five full minutes before a lucky break sent me packing.

The Frymarker
09-08-2004, 03:12 AM
Thanks so much Tom and it was a pleasure meeting you!

This was my first scenario evet and I'll probably be going to a few more.

Like I stated in another thread, this was a 30th birthday present for me and I couldn't have received a better present!!! Who needs diamonds anyway, the memories I have from this trip will last a life time!

Glickman
09-08-2004, 04:45 PM
thanks for wishes crow ;) im ok, but i just have a lump the size of uranus on both knees.

and what might be this new "location"? *nudge*

hope its close to ny, would love to bring the whole crew. although i cant excatly recommend cousins.

Mike Smith
09-08-2004, 05:22 PM
Oh come on folks...

Pacman was clearly talking about a cave, and it MUST be a man-made cave if we are playing some paintball. A natural cave owner would not allow anything to destroy the cave, so paintball would be a huge NO!

That leaves man-made. That most likely means a military installation.
Any ideas which one?

Tyger
09-08-2004, 06:01 PM
Mike :

I can think of one place. (http://www.jaegers.com/)

-Tyger

Muzikman
09-08-2004, 06:18 PM
"NOTE: Sometimes we combine fields 1, 2, and 3 and create a huge field that can accomodate over a 100 players at once. The field affectionately becomes the "Donut" and is a favorite of our regular customers."

I doubt that would be it unless it becomes a really small event next year.

doc_Zox
09-08-2004, 07:23 PM
Underground Paintball
300 E. Union Street
Marengo
IN

Minnesota111
09-08-2004, 07:37 PM
Immediately, I thought the same thing. However after a moment a few things didn't make sense. First Jaeger's is 56 degrees not 68. Second, pac-man ,I believe, said "almost never" rains. Other than the spot in the center that always leaks, it never rains. Finally, while the place seems huge, unless they can get access to other portions of the mine, the entire field at Jaeger's(according to past discussions with the refs) is only about 5+/- acres. Definitely huge for an indoor, but hardly adequate for 800 people. Anyone have any thoughts?

Muzikman
09-08-2004, 08:54 PM
Marengo is a huge mine. Just some of it has had paintball played in it. about 1/3 of the complex has actually been built into storage, so that leave a lot of open room. It would be interesting.

Weltman
09-09-2004, 10:13 AM
A few of us played Jeager's two years ago. It is not really that big -at least not since the cave in that took out more than half of the field. It bottle necks easy and quickly becomes like speedball. N
Neat idea but I wasn't overall too impressed.

I would like to see a web site for the Underground ball in IN.

doc_Zox
09-09-2004, 11:02 AM
http://paintballoftomorrow.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/uppic.jpg

http://paintballoftomorrow.tripod.com/paintballoftomrw/

http://paintballpics2.tripod.com/

http://paintballpics2.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/undergroundgroupview.jpg

Minnesota111
09-09-2004, 11:35 AM
:eek: NT

Rebel46_99
09-09-2004, 01:35 PM
Add our Thanks to those before us, Tom.

My son (the kid in the gorilla suit) and I always enjoy meeting alot of the AO'ers and just spending time away from the headaches of the real world, even if it is for just a few hours.

Absolutely, you can count us in for next year, wherever and whenever. Packin' the SFL and the X and as much paint as we can carry.

Muchos Gracias, Senor Kaye.

:cheers: