PDA

View Full Version : New to Automags

Vic20
09-06-2004, 07:04 PM
I've been thinking of upgrading away from kingman, and i really think automag would be a nice guy to get next. Thinking of a Automag RT ULE Custom. I am selling my Spyder Xtra soon. Mods:[ESP 3.0 e-marker, Shocktech Superfly bolt, Shocktech blade trigger, smartparts on/off valve on a pmi pure energy 20oz, PHAT performance feeder] Spent Around 300 sellign for 275. Also got a Egg with a z-board. I was wondering if this is a good idea, i'd have to spend way much more and get a nitro tank. i heard that i should get like 68/4? psi. Still i hear bad things about automags compaired to cockers. A friend of mine had a RT Pro and she said it was very good but she sold it to get a timmy. Also wondering if theres a way to make the automag eletric. Because the E-mag is way out of my price range. If i were to get a automag i'd get the RT ULE custom with

Select an X-Valve : Blue
Select a Mainbody : ULE CF Black Mainbody
Select a Gripframe : Intelliframe Blade Brite Black
Trigger/Valve/On/Off Type : ULE Trigger Pull Kit/Installed

Dose anyone think i need somthing else?

Please i need feedback before i do anything.
I've been on pbreview and saw soem nice reviews and bad.

Also how do i know if a barrel will fit the RT?
Looking to buy a J&J 2 piece.

Janitor
09-07-2004, 02:53 AM
I think that most people on here will tell you the same thing about Mags. They are very good guns with unmatched reliability, accuracy, and very easy to maintain. I don't know the markers from Kingman but the guys that I do know with them have some problems with them, now that might be because they don't take care of them I don't know but what I do know is that my old Classic Mag w/Emag valve/ULT is very nice. It is fully described in what I said above regarding Mags. And it is fun the see the looks on some of the peoples faces when they see how old it is, most of them have never seen a crown point barrel before. I would think it will depend on a few thing to determine if an Automag will fit your needs, first can you afford it? You will pay for it because in my opinion it is a high quality marker. Second you will need HPA to run it on any Automag with the RT valve.

If you could try out a Mag and maybe some of the other markers that you might consider purchasing to make up your mind on what to get.

I think you will be set with what you have described above.

Vic20
09-08-2004, 11:06 PM
Hmm that really didnt help, just ramblign on somthing. can i get someone else to help me?

DiSoRdeR
09-08-2004, 11:28 PM
i'd have to spend way much more and get a nitro tank.
You dont have to spend that much, you can pick up a used one.

Also wondering if theres a way to make the automag eletric.
You could always mod a spyder frame to fit, or get a hyperframe.

Also how do i know if a barrel will fit the RT?
As long as it is cocker threaded it will work.

And welcome to AO, hope you enjoy your mag when you get it :headbang: and there better be pics ;)