PDA

View Full Version : Model 98 STOLEN at Shatnerball (see below)

Tyger
09-06-2004, 10:01 PM
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but someone has to say this.

There's a guy who frequents the William Shatner forum who goes by the nickname "Pirate Gent", his name is Dan if I remember right. They were at last years event, and came back for this years. He came to the event with a Model 98, cosmetically modded to look like a tommy gun. It had a plastic tommy stock and a "drum" under the barrel.

He was asked to go on a mission, and told to leave his gun at the base. When he returned after the mission, his gun was gone. No questions asked, he just wants his gun back.

This isn't the first time a gun was stolen from that same base at a scenario game at Challenge PArk. Durring "Old Chicago", the commanding general had his Autococker stolen as well. Look people, it's not cool to have your gun stolen from a paintball game. If anyone in the Chicago area sees it, or has a line on where it is, please mention it to myself here and I'll forward it, or send an e-mail / PM to Pirate Gent over on Shatner's forum (http://www.williamshatner.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpBB2&file=profile&mode=viewprofile&u=2595).

-Tyger

louie
09-06-2004, 10:28 PM
Was it this? This is from MuzikMan's site:

http://paintballmedia.com/pn/modules/gallery/albums/Shatner04_Day3/shatnerball04_040905_092234_0138.sized.jpg

Tyger
09-06-2004, 10:34 PM
Gent is in the white hat, but yes, that's his gun. There were two on site, his and the guy behind him, they came together from Jersey. They had the same style of cosmetics, with some differences. I'll see if 'Gent wants to post the exact specifics here.

-Tyger

Neongene
09-07-2004, 03:20 AM
Thats just awful, I hate hearing about stolen guns during a game. I really hope he gets it back.

SuperDanny
09-07-2004, 09:47 AM
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but someone has to say this.

There's a guy who frequents the William Shatner forum who goes by the nickname "Pirate Gent", his name is Dan if I remember right. They were at last years event, and came back for this years. He came to the event with a Model 98, cosmetically modded to look like a tommy gun. It had a plastic tommy stock and a "drum" under the barrel.

He was asked to go on a mission, and told to leave his gun at the base. When he returned after the mission, his gun was gone. No questions asked, he just wants his gun back.

This isn't the first time a gun was stolen from that same base at a scenario game at Challenge PArk. Durring "Old Chicago", the commanding general had his Autococker stolen as well. Look people, it's not cool to have your gun stolen from a paintball game. If anyone in the Chicago area sees it, or has a line on where it is, please mention it to myself here and I'll forward it, or send an e-mail / PM to Pirate Gent over on Shatner's forum (http://www.williamshatner.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpBB2&file=profile&mode=viewprofile&u=2595).

-Tyger

Thanks for batting for us Tyger. Yes, Ed did have his Model 98 done up like a Tommy gun stole. (He's the one in the white hat.) I am saying, no questions asked if it shows up. It's a 98 for pete's sake!

GrasshoppaLPhiE
09-07-2004, 10:06 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss man... I'm not sure... but I recall seeing a very similar looking gun at the Shatner base (the original base... before we switched sides at lunch) when we stormed it.... it was right near the center and was in one of the drums by the netted area. From what I could recall... a ref took it and said he was bringing it back.... (to where ... I don't know?). Hope that helps...

Muzikman
09-07-2004, 10:37 AM
Yes, I too remember seeing it in one of the drums in the fort.

PirateGent
09-07-2004, 11:34 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss man... I'm not sure... but I recall seeing a very similar looking gun at the Shatner base (the original base... before we switched sides at lunch) when we stormed it.... it was right near the center and was in one of the drums by the netted area. From what I could recall... a ref took it and said he was bringing it back.... (to where ... I don't know?). Hope that helps...

Yup that was mine.

Description:

Model 98
Cushman Paintball Thompson 1921 Shell (http://www.cushmanpaintball.com/tip98tommy1921both.jpg)
12 oz CO2 bottle
Assault Sling
yellow barrel sock with a gangster mouse keychain attached
http://www.spicemice.com/images/large-tonymousiano.jpg

I have left word with Mother of MXS and Joann at AGD and will be leaving messages with CPX later in the week.

I'm just glad I didn't let it ruin my fun for the rest of the day. (I got to run around with a LAW Rocket instead)

Edward Tunis
Budd Lake, NJ

Concrete
09-08-2004, 03:31 PM
WTF is the deal with Challenge park? Is it me or was there a whole hell of alot of items stolen at this game? I had my bag (wallet and keys) taken from my table. Ive never heard of so much nonsense at a scenario game. :cuss: :nono: Challenge Park attracts some shady a$$ people.

Glickman
09-08-2004, 04:48 PM
very sorry to hear about both you guys, i will definitly keep an eye out for a gun like that, as im sure everyone else will.

who knows some 9 year old will prolly be showing it off at a field, then i show him my homemade "trademark" estes-rocket-up-the-rear-end.

Cryer
09-08-2004, 04:58 PM
who knows some 9 year old will prolly be showing it off at a field, then i show him my homemade "trademark" estes-rocket-up-the-rear-end.
One of those E-Engine models... ;)

kevdupuis
09-08-2004, 05:09 PM
One of those E-Engine models... ;)

I've always liked the D-boosters.

PirateGent
09-18-2004, 08:13 AM
Thanks to Armored Fist Paintball

here is a great close up of my Model 98 (you can just barely see the gangster mouse key chain behind my arm)

http://www.armoredfistpaintball.com/PirateGent-Tommy_gun_0199.jpg

Thanks guys for keeping an eye out for me.

I just got back from Minneapolis (for work not play) so now I'll bug CPX and tell them the last person seen with it was one of their refs.

Edward Tunis
Budd Lake, NJ

Glickman
09-18-2004, 11:19 AM
I've always liked the D-boosters.

actually i have a F laying around before they became illegal in ny....... its like 8 inches long i believe, and is supposed to make a orange trail smoke so u can follow it.

not allowed to shoot it off cause im 12 miles away from jfk

RenagadeOfFunk
09-18-2004, 01:44 PM
...no prob...ill look around for it... (might want to check PBN's F/S forums...)

PirateGent
03-11-2005, 12:12 PM
Thanks to everyone keeping an eye on it. (I even got an email when a similar one appeared on EBay)

Seems alot of the people who actually saw it last all have similar stories about a ref walking off with it.
:nono:

Will continue to keep an eye out for it.

Edward Tunis
aka PirateGent
Budd Lake, NJ