PDA

View Full Version : Dying my CLEAR warp SMOKE?

Ball Buster
10-26-2001, 12:11 AM
Anyone done this? I wanted smoke but I got too good of a deal on a clear one, so I had to go with it.. I want to make it black so it'll match my gun better..

I could either paint it or dye the plastic... Anyone done this?

Thanks

Jeff

DarkPhoenix
10-26-2001, 05:38 AM
Donggie, I believe, painted the inside of his warpfeed black. It looks cool with those clear dots where the balls ride around in. I have also seen people dye their vlear warpfeed bodies smoke. Both are on the boards, use search, I am a little lazy to find them....

Potatoboy
10-26-2001, 07:43 AM
Hey, if you're looking for a red one by any chance, I'll trade ya!

Shaft
10-26-2001, 08:20 AM
You may be able use that NiteShades (or whatever it's called). It's a smoke paint made for spraying over tail lights.
r

Gambit1106
10-26-2001, 09:23 AM
I have also been told by Tom that RID dye is good for dying the shells. I do not know what the outcome making it smoke will be. That is the only option I have heard. You can do a search on dying your warp and you should find a few posts.

Darren

Muzikman
10-26-2001, 10:27 AM
It's RIT Dye, found at most drug stores and fabric stores. If you would use a dark gray it might turn out to be smoked. What you would want to do is boil a pot of water, drop the dye in. Turn off the flame and dip the warp sides in the water. Make sure you do not touch the sides of the pot, as the plastic might melt. Leave them in until the water cools (10-15 mins) and take them out. Lay them on a dry clean towel (that you don't mind ruining) and let them air dry.

Now, I have never done a warp body, but I have died many different types of plastics and this is the steps used for everything from Nylon to certain types of lexan. So if you screw up your warp DO NOT cry to me:)

Puckz
10-26-2001, 11:49 AM
I got 5 Bucks says it comes out purple :)

Ball Buster
10-26-2001, 11:53 AM
I guess i'm going to paint the insides...i don't want purple ;)

Muzikman
10-26-2001, 03:19 PM
No, it will end up some color of grey, no purple. But, it's gotta be better than painting. not only would painting make it so you can not see inside at all, it would chip and peel and look pretty bad over time.

sajohnston
10-27-2001, 09:30 AM
I can't remember who but someone used black RIT dye on a clear and it turned out a brown-ish color. Didn't look bad, just more brown than smoke. It looked evenly done, much better than paint which if on the outside gets scratched, peels, etc.