PDA

View Full Version : venting problem

Nobody
10-26-2001, 01:57 AM
now, this is my first post here, but i am not a newbie or the like. i have had my Mag for 2 years now and my problem has happened 2. once when i was first using it and now just recently.

now, at the Tippmann Challenge, as i was chronoing, i noticed that i was overpressurizing the gun. common problem, and easily fixed. as i was turning it down(stock valve and reg body, with RVA) to get it in the field limits. now, i had nothing. i was either to hot(i fired a shot down range, guessimating that it was about 350+, as i cleared the target range) or it wasn't shooting. yes, i had it on HPA, with no reg in between. this happened the first time i used my Mag(for everywhere that i have seen, everyone has problems with a new Mag), but somehow the problem "fixed" itself, as what happened to me recently. i put down the gun, waiting to take a look at it later.

now, i hadn't looked at it since the Challenge. i did, play with it last weekend. now, after i gassed it up, i had no problems. it wasn't venting and everything was fine.

i understand why it was venting. but, i don't know why it was doing so at the time. especially since i didn't have a problem using it after the venting occured. any thoughts?

Panzerr
10-26-2001, 06:31 AM
Dirt in your air system?

Army
10-26-2001, 08:17 AM
First, welcome to AO!

Hmmm...I am thinking your piston was sticking, or the reg seat had some debris on it. Either way, it's not a permanent problem.:cool:

Nobody
10-26-2001, 03:31 PM
yes and no. i had this happen to me the first time i used it in a game. i had major velocity spikes. i do attribute this up to "Mag freshness".

i don't know if this happens to other people, but every Mag that I know, has a problem the first time you use it in a game. but after that game, it goes away. yes, this could be attributed to new seals, needing time to properly seat themselves, but not now.

this has been the first problem since i got it. other than a bolt stick due to paint shell jamming the bolt open, this was the first problem. but how can i tell if the piston was sticking? i did however have a hard time getting the valve(?) spring out and put back in. i was informed that this isn't a bad thing.