PDA

View Full Version : Question about mags and triggers.....

branman444
09-07-2004, 11:45 AM
I have been out of paintball for about a year now and just started back. :nono: Yea yea i know you should have never stoped playing. ok so we are past that. I have a 68classic mag with the standered frame X-valve and Flatline 68 nitro tank. I am looking to get a new trigger setup. I would like to get a Y Frame. What i want is to be able to adjust the trigger down to nothing to pull. I really dont know what would be the best way to get there. Can I get some opinions on this issue? I would also like to know about the ULE trigger pull kit. Is it worth it? Are there any electric triggers that will fit the mag that would pull the trigger electronicly. Thanks guys and it good to be back ...........

FragTek
09-07-2004, 12:26 PM
You have a few options...

Mechanical Options:
-hAir Trigger (when available)
-ULT w/ Trigger Stops

Electronic Options:
-DevilMAG Conversion :D
-E-Mag Lowers
-Hyperframe

branman444
09-07-2004, 12:38 PM
You have a few options...

Mechanical Options:
-hAir Trigger (when available)
-ULT w/ Trigger Stops

Electronic Options:
-DevilMAG Conversion :D
-E-Mag Lowers
-Hyperframe

Did limited looking (im at work)
1. hair trigger..... what is this? couldnt find anythign about it.
2. ULT??
Are these are faily new things? i am out of the loop on most new stuff.
Devil mag conversion hu well what does that consist of?
Is a emag lower really worth it.
Hyperframe unless they have changed i dont think i want one of those.

FragTek
09-07-2004, 12:47 PM
hAir Trigger - Deadlywind's newest product. It's a pneumatic 3-way driven mechanical marker frame with the trigger pull of an electro. Check out the video of it in action here: http://www.arowmic.com/dw/videos/dw.hair.trigger.video.mpg

ULT - ULE Trigger Pull kit. This kills lessens the reactivity of the X-Valve and can make a mag walkable. With the addition of trigger stops to your trigger you can significantly decrease the pull length.

Both of the above are fairly new. The ULT has been out for some time now, and the hAir Trigger has been on the drawing board for quite some time as well.

DevilMag - This is GA Devil's new electro. It consists of a vert. frame fitted with the TAG Sportz Predator II board (fastest board to date) along with the installation of break beam eyes. Very fast, no chops, ability to run lvl 7 w/o chops.

E-Mag Lowers - All depends on how much you find them for. E-Mags are awesome, no two ways about it. A bit heavy, but with 3.2/4.0 they rip.

Hyperframe - Nope, they haven't really changed. Same frame, new software update. They can shoot 20bps now. A little bit less expensive option than the 2 previously listed however.

Hope this helps you out some.

SCpoloRicker
09-07-2004, 09:42 PM
excellent response! :hail:

branman444
09-08-2004, 09:34 AM
yes that helps a lot..... like i said i have been out of the loop for quite some time now.
I was thinking about going with a y-grip and the ULE-trigger job and then try and find (or make ) a roller trigger. I dont know now that that hAir trigger is out that looks kinda cool anyone knwo when you can get one. Just a hint mabie. Well what do you think about that set up. I just want the fastest trigger pull i can get out of my mag without going E-. Unless i have to ;)

FragTek
09-08-2004, 09:58 AM
branman,

Here is a link to a video showing a customer shooting one of my FragMags. This has the ULT in it, and is setup nice and plush. http://www.fragtek.com/vids/Fragmag.wmv

And you can also purchase a roller triggers here: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=148913

If you added trigger stops to a roller trigger and had a fine tuned ULT you would have a serious death dealing machine on your hands.

branman444
09-08-2004, 10:37 AM
Frag i want to say you have been a great help to me and i thank you for it.
I want to clear this up for my own sake.
ULT=what
ULE=what
are they the same? Im confused :wow:
y-grip+ULE-trigger job would get me that movie? and then if i added the roller well i dought id need it after that but just in case.
Thanks again for all your help
oh and one last question. I need new gauges for my flatline 4500psi got any suggestions

FragTek
09-08-2004, 11:10 AM
Frag i want to say you have been a great help to me and i thank you for it.
I want to clear this up for my own sake.
ULT=what
ULE=what
are they the same? Im confused :wow:
y-grip+ULE-trigger job would get me that movie? and then if i added the roller well i dought id need it after that but just in case.
Thanks again for all your help
oh and one last question. I need new gauges for my flatline 4500psi got any suggestions

No problem, always here to help in any way possible.

ULE = Ultra Light Engineering. When someone just says "ULE" alone, they are referring to a ULE Body. AGD's aluminum body.

ULT = ULE Trigger Pull Kit. This is the kit that deadens the reactivity of the X-Valve.

Y-Grip + ULT would get you the same effect as shown in the movie. To even better what you saw, adding trigger stops and a roller trigger would really make it rip.

I suggest MacDev or Dye mini gauges. They aren't the cheap knock off kind that break after being aired up the first time.

branman444
09-08-2004, 11:56 AM
Great man you dont know how much you have helped me out. Its good to know i can come back even after this long and still get answers. I knew i loved AGD for some reason. You guys ROCK :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

This is where i am headed then
ULT+Y-grip+Roller=oooooohhh yea
ill let you know how she turns out. may be back about the tuning on the whole thing but i think i can figure out that for the most part.

RDSBandit
09-08-2004, 11:09 PM
I have a 68 Automag A.I.R. valve and I was just wondering if those same upgrades would work for my marker? Or should I just go for the X-valve? Which would give me the greater BPS?

Thanks

mobius
09-08-2004, 11:33 PM
The ULT trigger can be installed on the classic valves (yours) but some people haven't had much success, since it was designed for the X/RT valves. In order to get it to work, you will probably need extra shims. Bad Dog has a thread about making the ULT work in a Classic valve, I think.