PDA

View Full Version : pack and pods

RoboBeaver
09-07-2004, 03:59 PM
im buying a pack this week.

im planning on the NXe pack and some dye lock lid pods.

does anyone know if these willl fit well in the NXe pack?

also has anyone used lock lid pods, can you tell me how you like them :)

thanks

1ofkind
09-07-2004, 04:07 PM
We'll I'm not excatly sure but heres why I would guess they wouldn't. My friend had a NXe harness and after buying dye lock lids he sold it to another friend and brought a dye attack pak within a few days time. Only reason that makes sense is the lock lids didn't fit.

Oh and the lock lids have been just like normal pods to me. They do give me trouble reloading because I have to look for the thumb release button and that can be costly when you got to cover a lane.

RoboBeaver
09-07-2004, 04:13 PM
wouldnt it have made more sense to buy new pods rather than a new harness, maybe he really like the pods, heh
well which pack woudl you guys say is beter, attack pack or NXe pack, i dont know the wuality of either but i head alot of good things abou the NXe packs,

ilikePB
09-07-2004, 06:12 PM
wouldnt it have made more sense to buy new pods rather than a new harness, maybe he really like the pods, heh
well which pack woudl you guys say is beter, attack pack or NXe pack, i dont know the wuality of either but i head alot of good things abou the NXe packs,

screw both, get an empire pack.
;)

LeatherPants
09-07-2004, 06:33 PM
Save your money. Don't get the lock lids...they don't lock. They are made so that your thumb flips a hindge making it easier to open...but they actually don't stay closed that well.

Fatjon
09-07-2004, 06:34 PM
I seen a guy wearing the nxe pack at my field and it looked really flimsy and bounced around alot. I also have dye pods and i have more trouble with them poping open. then normal pods. My pack seems to push the stupid buttons. Go with fatboy pods you will not regret it and there CHEAP.

flyinasian016
09-07-2004, 06:41 PM
DONT get Dye Pods. They are POS. I used to have 5 or so, took 3 of them onto the field with me, and only 1 of them was still usable. So i stopped using the Dye Pods. I use 32* Pods and Fatboy Pods. I like the 32* Pods a lot because they dont break as easily as the Dye's, they are cheaper, and they come in more colors. Fatboys are probably the best pods just because the lid is built into the pod itself. Making it very strong and very hard to break.

Get a redz pack. Ive got one and im never using anything else!

1ofkind
09-07-2004, 06:50 PM
DONT get Dye Pods. They are POS. I used to have 5 or so, took 3 of them onto the field with me, and only 1 of them was still usable. So i stopped using the Dye Pods. I use 32* Pods and Fatboy Pods. I like the 32* Pods a lot because they dont break as easily as the Dye's, they are cheaper, and they come in more colors. Fatboys are probably the best pods just because the lid is built into the pod itself. Making it very strong and very hard to break.

Get a redz pack. Ive got one and im never using anything else!

I've been useing dye lock lids and never had a problem. However one o f the five my friend brought was defective. go here www.paintballgear.com You can buy them for only 3.15 a pod and they send them to you working and toghter.

LeatherPants
09-07-2004, 07:01 PM
Get Fatboys or the Gen E ones. Simple cheap and they work. Dye pods are 2 piece and tend to come apart at the worst times. Also if you do alot of baseball slides they will pop if in the back loops of your pack.

BeaverEater
09-07-2004, 08:45 PM
A buddy of mine has locklids and atleast once a day he dumps a pod because something bumps the pod. I dont think their worth the money but he got his for free so its all good.

RoboBeaver
09-07-2004, 09:25 PM
between the empire pack and the NXe pack, which one would be better, is there a pretty big diffference or is it mostly preference

SCpoloRicker
09-07-2004, 09:36 PM
cheap pods.

Redz packs.

K.I.S.S. :ninja:

ted.c0bb1es
09-08-2004, 12:02 AM
my dye attack pack is really great. Has a removable pillow for better lumbar support. I researched packs a while ago too, but I choose this one for the price, the removable pillow, and the vertical style. But I hear reds are really good too. I choose against those because I think they look kind dumb :tard: cause of the trim color.

Here's the one that I have (mine is a 3-tube though):
http://store.yahoo.com/paintballgate/dyeharness.html

oldsoldier
09-08-2004, 12:10 AM
Get the NXe. These things rock. Mine stays perfectly still...no probs at all. As far as pods, fatboys are the way to go. You can stand on them, and they wont break. I have a problem with dumping pods, then stepping on them...also, the dye lids just seem to be too damned complicated...but, thats IMO. I havent used them in a game, but I have toyed around with them.
The NXe pack, however, I have used extensively. Better (and cheaper) than the redz.

FromTheBack
09-08-2004, 12:15 AM
I am using a Dimension pack from Redz and I really like it, I havent tried any other type with the velcro strap, but this one works well. I use Dye lock lids with it and I do have to say that they dont stay on any stronger then regular pods and they can take a extra second to find the button when being pulled but. I solved this pretty easily by just moving them so that when I pull them out my left hand is right on the button and my pack doesnt let them shift around so they work fine. Also they have bumps on the outside of them which helps with grip when you pull them, along with more insurance from them slipping out of one of those vert or horizontal straps that go in between reg pod slots. They also seem very durable and have taken a bit of abuse from me so they have my approval ;)

gc82000
09-08-2004, 12:48 AM
I got an Epmire pack 3+2 And I use a combo of lock lids and 32* pods. With the lock lids I say no to fill them to capacity. Becuase that is when they will spill.
I suggest using the lock lids on the outside and the other pods in the main loops.

CrimsonGhost
09-08-2004, 05:27 AM
I used a new nxe 3 2 2 pack with my dye pods last weekend. They worked perfect. The nxe seems to have a bit more room than the average pack so it accepts the Dye pods "nubs" just fine. The no skid material on the inside of the pack is great...the packs stays in place , unlike alot of other packs that slide up or down when your in motion.
The Dye pods are great as well, I had no issues with them , they seem a bit more durable than the fat boy pods and planet pods I have been using. The lver on them is geat as well, though I think they may be an issue if you were full gloves ...the button/lever may be tough to find with a covered finger.

DarkRipper
09-08-2004, 07:34 PM
I also have an NXE 4.3.2 with dye lock lids... I wish they'd had these pods 2 years ago.

I used to dump paint at least once a day from the old style pods popping open, I haven't had any problems since I switched to the lock lids.

I taped all my old pods together into footballs for faster reloads after games.

evo.end3R
09-08-2004, 07:37 PM
i use a redz 4+3 and lock lids. the lock lids are great, you can pull them out without worrrying about them opening and spilling ur paint eveywhere. also you can throw the pods to ur buddies which is good too