PDA

View Full Version : Bolt Stick Issue

RagnaroktA
09-07-2004, 07:57 PM
RT Custom, X-Valve, Lvl10, etc. After around 10-15 shots the bolt will stick. I'm using 3 shims (any more will leak down the barrel) What can I do to fix this?

ß?µ£ §mµ®ƒ
09-07-2004, 08:07 PM
Oil, Oil, Oil
move up to a larger carrier
Oil, Oil, Oil
Oil the on/off assembly
oil the bolt piston

RagnaroktA
09-07-2004, 08:37 PM
It's totally lubed. Bolt stick happens with all 3 springs, worse w/ the longer ones. Any other ideas? :)

ß?µ£ §mµ®ƒ
09-07-2004, 09:54 PM
move up a carrier using the same carrier oring and dont bother with changing the shim setup

when you lube the on/off assembly actually take out the on/off pin

hold your valve/powertube in one hand and your bolt in the other see if its sticky or pretty smooth and that should be an indication of you still have a case of stickyness

the bolt should slide smoothly with a little suction pressure

make sure that your air hoses aren't pinched

bolt springs really shouldnt matter unless your sear isn't resetting or if your bolt is chuffing then you might need to up the velocity

up the velocity to desired or just to see if there is any issues at higher velocities

CaliMagFan
09-07-2004, 10:25 PM
you need to make sure that your field strip screw is tightened correctly..... use an allen wrench to snug it in... dotn kill it, just tighten it more than you can by hand....

what you are experiencing may not be "bolt stick" but something that has come up with the ule bods..

-kyle

GordDesigns
09-08-2004, 01:14 AM
If your RT custom is also ULE body try loosening up the field strip screw and try a few shots.

I just got my X valve and have found it to be .006 smaller than the ULE body.
The solution may be to use a shim under the back of the valve between the rail and the valve.

For a quick test ,try a piece of paper. it may need to be folded once to get the thickness correct.

RagnaroktA
09-08-2004, 07:25 AM
Thanks guys, I'll try all of that today.