PDA

View Full Version : Info Request - Line SI Bushmaster

BlackHalo
09-07-2004, 09:42 PM
Hey guys,

Just wanted to see if anyone knew anything about this gun. A friend of mine gave me a broken one and I wanted to get it to running condition.

The power tube / cupseal is broken, if anyone knows where I can get replacements. It's also missing the little spring that's supposed to be behind the cupseal.

Any other info on this marker would be greatly appreciated! I don't know much about nelson style markers.

Thanks!

Jeffy-CanCon
09-07-2004, 10:20 PM
They are Nelson-based markers, so if you just want6 to get it working again, you could swap in parts from a Trracer/Maverick. Original Line SI parts would be mighty hard to come by.

I think my local pro-shop has some of the old-style Nelson power-tubes. They were from Ram-68's, but are closer than anything else you are likely to find.

50 cal
09-07-2004, 10:35 PM
www.iisports.com bought up all of Ross Alexanders parts when he closed up shop. They are based in LA I believe.

The mainspring and cup seal spring are Nelson springs. Any Nelson based springs will work. There are a lot of replacement spring sets.

Josh2Xtremes
09-07-2004, 11:28 PM
A Line SI Bushmaster eh? Broken huh? How much you want for it? PM me or drop me an email at Josh@pb2x.com
Josh

AGD
09-08-2004, 01:01 AM
And the Josh Man doesnt let anything get past him...

AGD

Blazestorm
09-08-2004, 01:15 AM
I want it =(

I need a pump you meanie... :cry:

Josh2Xtremes
09-08-2004, 04:19 AM
I'm not a meanie! I just happened to get here first! And I"m a collector. I'm ashamed to admit that an SI Bushmaster is one of the few models I DON'T have in my collection and this is an opportunity to change that. So you're right TK, NO way is this slipping past the ol' Jew. Nuh-uh. Phantom fixed-barrel, KP3, P-68 Piranha, Splatmaster, PGP move over, Josh needs a Bushmaster (that isn't electronic). :D
Josh

MindJob
09-08-2004, 04:32 AM
I believe that Palmers Pursuit Shop has a good supply of Neslon based parts. I bought a bunch of stuff for some of my old pumps about a year ago. Call them and check.

angelpena
09-08-2004, 06:26 AM
looks like you got all the info you need, so I will just show off....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v369/angelpena/P8280041.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v369/angelpena/P8260003.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v369/angelpena/P8260004.jpg

peewee
09-08-2004, 07:46 AM
http://www.airsoldier.com/

They have some parts, power tubes etc. You can also check at the PHOG , Dont quote me on it but I believe you can swap phantom internals with changing out the sear. The guys at PHOG seem to know where to dig up every spare part for a pump.

gc82000
09-08-2004, 08:49 AM
Wow nice Pump, but dang you got some ugly sheets.

J/k I am just jealous.

G3PB
09-08-2004, 01:10 PM
Email me...

terry@g3pb.com

I have some original NOS parts for that gun.

G3PB
09-08-2004, 01:14 PM
People still want these things? Out in the garage, I have a stainless version with collapsable stock somewhere......

BlackHalo
09-08-2004, 02:58 PM
Thanks for all the info guys.

Josh2Xtremes - Sorry, I'm not really looking to sell it right now. If something changes I'll let you know :).

G3pb - E-mailing you now! wooo

Krusty - I'll go check out airsoldier and PHOG

Angelpena - Nice, the one I have has the lever changer and a back bottle / bottomline kit as well. There's also 2 small thumbscrews on the top rear at around the 10 and 2 o'clock position holding the valve(?) section in. The bolt seems to be metal in the back and delrin in the front.

Mindjob - I posted on POG as well, I'll go see if PPS has anything.

Looks like I have the replacements covered.
Can anyone tell me how the powertube size / hammer spring / valve springs relate to velocity?

Thanks again!

G3PB
09-08-2004, 03:21 PM
Springs...the lighter the valve spring, the longer the "valve" will dwell in relation to input pressure, basically, same can be siad for the main spring. For consistency, shot to shot, best to use the heaviest valve spring and the lighest mainspring that will still provide needed velocity. Also, depending on bolt, most will be adjustable...see if the part of the bolt that slides into the hammer is screwed in and has an allen socket through the bolt face.
The "delrin" front bolts should be adjustable as it's an aftermarket, if I remember correctly....been a long time.

Power tubes, the number relates to the air passage holes, they'll be 4's and 6's...the 6 provides more flow. I think tubes was Lapco's first product since the factory ones always tended to break at the passage holes...one always kept spares along with a ton of springs.
Velocity was controlled by these fews things and a part of being a good paintball player back then was knowing which combination of parts to use on any given day since Co2 is so temperature sensitive. Best thing to happen was when regs came into use, of course by then, most of us were rarely touching pump guns anymore.

The only one I've kept in real cherry shape is a Grey Ghost, set up California style back before the common use of a pin valve tank.

how many of you guys can still remember those?

vonort
09-08-2004, 06:45 PM
I remember them. You lucky bastard.. hehe.

Always loved the Grey Ghost. Just couldn't part with my Pre-Production Sterling to buy one. But eventually like a moron I sold the Sterling too. :cry: another kick in the arse.

Webmaster
09-08-2004, 11:00 PM
I have 3 or 4 of them - great guns - though none of mine are in great shape. Some day Ill repair and sell off a couple to get a near mintish one.

KayleAGD
09-09-2004, 02:37 PM
If you recall the SI Bushmasters were made by a company you may have heard the bushmaster name from INDIAN CREEK .. Reanna said the semi cupseals will fit the SI bushmasters also...

Vendetta
09-09-2004, 03:31 PM
Here is mine. Got it in 87 I think. Everyone on our team had them custom anoed to match our camos :headbang:

I can't pass on any chance to post the pic ;)

BlackHalo
09-09-2004, 03:42 PM
This is great info!

So I was taking it apart last night for a good cleaning and I took off the trigger frame. I look in the sear slot and there's a little spring in there that's only attached at one end. Just behind the trigger\sear.
Is that supposed to be attached to the sear?

Also the trigger/sear seems to have quite a bit of wear on the top corner. Does this afffect anything?

The Bolt front is delrin(or some other plastic) and metal in the back, but there's no velocity adjustment. That was just a statement, no question about it :).

I'm probably not getting the terminology right but I hope someone understands me.

Thanks everyone!

FaSSt
09-09-2004, 09:03 PM
Here is mine. Got it in 87 I think. Everyone on our team had them custom anoed to match our camos :headbang:

I can't pass on any chance to post the pic ;)

Did you use to play in S. Florida?

Vendetta
09-10-2004, 01:11 PM
Yes. Miami. Vendetta was the name of our team.

FaSSt
09-10-2004, 01:21 PM
Yes. Miami. Vendetta was the name of our team.

I remeber playing against you guys a few times. You had those funky Austrian BDUs that would turn a pinkish hue with age. I was briefly on Photo Recon and then the Wardogs team. We were not very good due mostly to team dynamics, but I had fun. I only have my old patches though, all of my old guns are long gone.

Some of the other local teams I remeber are the Miami Painters, and the Miller Light Brigade.

paullus99
09-10-2004, 01:23 PM
Wow, the Bushmaster was my first pump.....waaaaaaaay back in the day. Heck, I don't even remember what I did with it after I bought my automag in 1994. I'll have to look around and see if it ended up in the attic or basement of the old house.

I really enjoyed playing with it - I could hold my own against the original semis of the early 90's. I had the auto-trigger on it, so in close-combat situations, it did really well. Glad to see they are still around.

68AutoMoose
09-10-2004, 09:19 PM
Wow, great link here guys. I'm glad to see that there are still people interested in those old guns. I bought a used bushmaster in about '93. With 7oz, and bottomline it was awesome. Very accurate...I had a blast with that thing, no auto-trigger though. I ended up trading it for a Spartan. I still own that one.

DJBacon06
09-10-2004, 09:19 PM
hooray for fellow Line SI owners! Here's the only crapy picture i have of mine. Oh and yes, that is a home made bi-pod and silencer... :p

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=66809&stc=1

angelpena
09-10-2004, 09:26 PM
Oh I got an update on mine! Check out my ICD .45 frame!!!! and WGP hopper!!!!
(ICD made the SI)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v369/angelpena/13341c86.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v369/angelpena/a92ae6e1.jpg

ben_JD
09-29-2004, 04:43 PM
I have 3 or 4 of them - great guns - though none of mine are in great shape. Some day Ill repair and sell off a couple to get a near mintish one.
Actually, I sold you one of yours....it was in pretty good shape, if I remember correctly. That marker was the gun to beat until Tom dropped the Automag on the world.

BlackHalo
09-29-2004, 04:46 PM
I love the way it looks with that .45 on it.

sweet