PDA

View Full Version : stupid stupid mini mag!

txrabbit
09-08-2004, 11:06 AM
alright, guys, let's see if ya'll can help me out. i have a old minimag with a picky valve. i stripped the valve down and replaced every oring. the valve still leaks like crazy, i've replaced the reg seat twice, but no good, and now the gun won't even shoot, it's like the valve isn't getting enough air or something. i swapped out the on/off with another valve i had laying around, and that seemed help, but not by much. i noticed that the on/off tops were different and that the on/off pin doesn't go all the way in, causing the valve to get stuck in the body. pretty new to AO, and these are the first mags i've worked on. someone help. please!

the on/off top from the mini is the one on the left.
http://tinypic.com/4kgso

txrabbit
09-11-2004, 11:41 AM
still need some help! someone? anyone?

jewie27
09-11-2004, 12:59 PM
No fear, Jewie is here. I've had my Minimag for 4 years. The on/off piece to the left looks to be a non-AGD part. Can you please take a clearer picture of it?(so i may see it) Also tell me the history of the Mag; like where you got it from and/or who. Most likely if it's a pre-owned marker someone tried to "upgrade" it with aftermarket parts. Parts made by other companies/ANS Extreme are crap. Let me know if it leaks when you hold the trigger back or when the trigger is all the way forward. Also make sure the bolt is a stock AGD bolt. Level 10 or 7?

jewie27
09-11-2004, 01:02 PM
i re-read your post, it says the on/off assembly wont sit all the way flush with the valve. Looks like the sign of non fitting AGD parts. My friend had this same problem when he bought a used Mag. I fixed it by gettting him a brand new complete AGD on/off assembly.

AGDlover
09-11-2004, 08:05 PM
ya dude the thing on the left doesn't look like a AGD or PTP part

BlackVCG
09-11-2004, 11:13 PM
Go to airgun.com, look at the tech section and download the picture diagram of the AIR valve that is the same valve in your Minimag.

Make sure all the parts in that diagram are the same parts you have and everything is going back in properly.

If the gun isn't getting enough air, turn up the velocity adjuster 1-2 full turns and see if it starts shooting then.

hobbesTZ
09-13-2004, 12:57 PM
Make sure you used AGD o-rings...I tried using a 32* o-ring kit once and they just plain didn't work.