PDA

View Full Version : Genesis crashed

Smoke
09-08-2004, 12:58 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/space/09/08/genesis.entry.cnn/index.html

That sucks. Mankind could have learned alot from what was stored in that capsule.

Deep Sixx
09-08-2004, 01:21 PM
Yes, too bad. It may not be a complete loss though. According to an article on space.com, some material may be recoverable. It depends on how badly damaged/contaminated the disks inside are.

Time will tell.

sixx

PissedGodzilla
09-08-2004, 01:45 PM
dammit.... can NASA get anything right lately?????????/

Imagine being that helicopter pilot and just hovering there waiting for this thing to come floating down on a parachute... calmly waiting...

FWOOOSSSHHH as it flies by at terminal velocity......

:nono: not good

lopxtc
09-08-2004, 02:38 PM
Those two rovers on Mars lasted longer then they should have, and they updated the software and rebooted them at least once ...

You know thats better odds then a person reloading windows and having it start right the first time. And how far away where those rovers :)

Aaron

dammit.... can NASA get anything right lately?????????

PissedGodzilla
09-08-2004, 02:45 PM
Those two rovers on Mars lasted longer then they should have, and they updated the software and rebooted them at least once ...

You know thats better odds then a person reloading windows and having it start right the first time. And how far away where those rovers :)

Aaron
Well, that kidna went awry too, if you recall, the first rover lost most of it's viability after the first few days when some electronics froze. the second rover did work flawlessly, though...

Besides that, though, there was the other mars missions that got screwed up as well..

I just expected more, since excellence used to be their major commodity...

As a scientist, I knew what this data could have meant, and it was some interesting stuff... It's just frustrating to have it so close.

MaChu
09-08-2004, 03:26 PM
Personally I would like to think that aliens shot it down... :D