PDA

View Full Version : why scopes??????

Igotu
09-08-2004, 03:54 PM
I just got back from a big game and i saw a larg quanity of scopes why, I never saw anyone useing them and the only thing i can think there for is for long distance spotting could some one plz enlighten me.

fire1811
09-08-2004, 03:57 PM
i always liked the scopes on vertfeed guns that way then can get a really close look at there feedneck.

slade
09-08-2004, 04:09 PM
its just for looks... milsim people... i dont understand it.

Chronobreak
09-08-2004, 04:20 PM
yeah scenario ballers seem to lvoe their scopes for soemr eason...i dono but there is no practical use for them

ß?µ£ §mµ®ƒ
09-08-2004, 04:35 PM
sometimes its actually really hard to see far distances in goggles so i think thats why scopes may help sort of ... don't really know the fog factor but i would rather perfer red dots

FallNAngel
09-08-2004, 04:37 PM
i always liked the scopes on vertfeed guns that way then can get a really close look at there feedneck.

not sure if we're talking about the same scopes, but some scopes are made for you to use both eyes and will work just fine with a vert feed gun.

LudavicoSoldier
09-08-2004, 04:47 PM
A short range shotgun scope can be useful on a PB gun for milsim play. Anything over 5x magnification is just nuts. Some people prefer a glass optic over a red dot sight (I know I do). Also, using a scope saves you the trouble of having to squint over your sights for a semi long range shot. When you are shooting a stock/tube fed gun you want to make your shots count! :ninja:

OT - I personally think a modified grenade sight would be kinda cool for lobbing paint (would have to turn down velocity).

Severe
09-08-2004, 04:59 PM
Do you mean magnification scopes or red-dot sight? I can't say much about using a magnification scopes, but I use a red-dot sight and it works VERY well.

This has been brought up many times and it's always a wash, but if you can't understand the value of using a sight of any type then it's your loss. Go do some home work over at Webdog Radio.

Well spoken...especially here! Ever heard of a Tac-One?

Onryou
09-08-2004, 05:31 PM
it is my understanding that the red-dot sight/scope, whatever you want to call it, is much better for close quarters conflicts. If you see a red dot, pull the trigger. :D

ryanshep
09-08-2004, 05:32 PM
scopes are for the snipers in paintball...duh....u cant be a sniper without a scope.......

mcdkid
09-08-2004, 05:39 PM
i am a scenario player myself, but i have no reason for there to be a scope on any of my guns. at my field there is a guy(he is a really good player), he uses a scope, not for sniping, but he can't see very well. so he just uses it on the big fields. i would rather him have a scope than mistake me for the other team.

RedWeenie
09-08-2004, 06:17 PM
I would have to say its all for looks.

flyinasian016
09-08-2004, 07:31 PM
Scopes make you uber 1337!

Actually, the scopes for Vertfeed guns actually work. Although it seems that you can only see the vertfeed breach, with the opposite eye being able to see it kind of cancels out the need to mount it offcenter. ITs hard to explain, but it works.

Darkstorm
09-08-2004, 07:37 PM
Mounting a scope is an easy way to carry it. During scenario, sometimes people are 1/4 mile or more away. It is an easy way to check who's team a group of people are on. You can see armband tape and such. Also, some people leave their night vision scopes mounted all the time (just not turned on during the day). A few people use them for long balling, not to aim, but you can see where the ball is hitting or finding where the guy is hiding in the treeline.

gc82000
09-08-2004, 08:25 PM
Darkstorm has the only reasoning I could see for having a scope.
On Guam the game is mainly speedball, and the paintball players are not as numerous as it is in the states.

Irelandunfree
09-08-2004, 08:39 PM
I had a scope on my Spyder back in the day, didnt work out when the bolt hits your goggles and breaks them. In my opinion the only gun that needs a scope is a TACONE, and not even for aiming just for looks.

temps
09-08-2004, 10:08 PM
I like the look of a tippman with a small scope.. just looks good.

ojhspyro89
09-09-2004, 02:15 PM
Personally i think sometimes that the scopes are just like really stupid. I think a scope on a slingshot would almost work better.

68magOwner
09-09-2004, 07:09 PM
for the same reason people wear gucci print while playing paintball wiht a pink marker, they think it looks good, does nothing functionally