PDA

View Full Version : RT problems ************* banjo bolts....

RTDynaflow
09-08-2004, 11:26 PM
Heh, well so much for selling the mag...

Heres my problem, hope someone here is very knowledgable of the old RT.

My rt is leaking out of a few places. It has the level 10 and ULT and the classic RT valve. First off, it appears to be leaking out of the banjo bolt and no matter what size o-rings I use I can't get it to stop w/o crimping an O-ring up between the body and rail. Secondly, it leaks randomly out of the piston regulator area. I can't get the velocity up to 280 and it bounces +/- 50 fps. Brings me to believe I have a bad regulator. On top of that the regulator is shooting out the oil, except it is all metallic looking. (it is coming from the pin hole in the side of the regulator. I don't believe my level 10 is the problem. I switched out to my level 7 and it shot more reliably, but only because I could turn the regulator out a bit.

Conclusion - I have a bad regulator piston/ rear section of the valve.
As for the banjo bolt..??? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? I am stumped here. This has to be the worst idea AGD has come up with... no offense to the guy who thought this part up, we all have blonde moments. Banjo bolt... *sigh*

So either I, A) buy an X valve and ULE body; B) Send this into AGD with a "fix it!" note; C) sell it on e-bay to some poor unknowing fool. <--- obviously a joke. So A or B people? I think if I go with B AGD will be replacing my rail, valve and banjo bolt. This is end up fairly expensive. Mr. Kaye, your opinion here would be held in high regards... As it was someone who Ok'd this damn idea :rofl: .

What will it be? A or B? Or opinions on something else to do...

Nate

camarogod98
09-09-2004, 12:48 AM
Ive had three old school RT and Ive had all the same problems that you have.

Get on the AGD Website and order you a new set of (qty. 3) banjo bolt orings. The reason why they get stuck between the body and the rail is because you stretch them out to much when installing them. Or maybe you have the wrong size ring. When you hand tighten the banjo bolt i recommend pushing the back of the valve back and forth with your thumb, It helps get everything centered up nice.

To fix your leaking out of the back problem all you need to do is buy a new regulator piston. It leaks with the level 10 because it takes more pressure than the old reg is built for. AGD had to make the regulator piston vent at a higher pressure because the operating pressure of the level 10 is higher.

If you have the time i would just recommend sending your gun into AGD. Just tell them you want the level 10 tuned. They tuned the level 10, installed a new sear and rebuilt the valve (including new regulator piston) for 25 bucks. They charge 45 for a rebuild. Go figure. LOL
It takes about 2 weeks to get it fixed.

hope i helped

Tunaman
09-09-2004, 05:25 AM
there was a rail update to the old RT. I would suggest sending it in.

RTDynaflow
09-09-2004, 11:37 AM
Ok, who do I need to talk to to get it sent in. I think I have a defective rail. I have tried all kinds of o-rings. So AGD will replace the rail, re-oring the banjo and get me a new regulator piston for $25? :wow: That would be awesome, I don't want to spend $325 for a ULE/Xvalve just to sell the gun for 400... When the gun works it simply rocks. People at my field are always bashing mags for whatever reason. You should see their faces when I walk this thing past my revvy... "I didn't know mags could do that!"

Anyway, appreciate the feedback.

Tunaman
09-09-2004, 05:07 PM
I have no idea what they might charge you. Call the office.