PDA

View Full Version : Me'lee tank problems...

jas142
10-26-2001, 03:20 PM
I'm playing tommorow, but my 68 ci me'lee tank is having some problems. I can fill it up fine, but when I screw it into the gun it leaks VERY SLOWLY, but it is leaking, because I can hear it...

The threads were originally black, and with time they are now sort of silver in some areas..., could the threads have wore down? What can I do for a quick fix? Don't make me bring a c02 tank! :)

Muzikman
10-26-2001, 03:25 PM
Is it leaking from the ASA? If so, is the tank oring in good shape. Even if it is, you might want to replace it. If it is still leaking, keep the oring on the tank and then place a second oring flat inside your ASA and screw the tank in. The second oring will act as a first seal and either fix the problem entirely or it will at least slow down the leak.

Also, make sure there are no burrs in the ASA. This can cut an oring and cause it to leak. If you find that the problem is with the tank/reg, return it to Air America, they have get customer support.

MagUser4Life
10-26-2001, 09:16 PM
i had the same problem with my tank too. i only had it a couple of months. tried evrything even sending it back to air america. not think worked. sorry i cant be more help but you should ditch the tank. im using a 68-4500 raptor rex now and i like it. but thats me good luck with your tank

Russ
10-26-2001, 09:22 PM
Spray the tank with windex (when it's screwed in, that is) and find out exactly where the leak is. Because it only leaks when it's screwed in, seems to that the tank O ring, or the air lines/fitting must be the culprits. Good Luck.