PDA

View Full Version : xvalved mags legal in tournies?

stylez se-r
09-09-2004, 12:44 PM
are xvalved mags legal in tournies??????..............i traded my bko for one and am about to trade my angel for one......are they legal to use......both have the ult triggers

Temo Vryce
09-09-2004, 12:58 PM
I believe that they are legal in tournies but you may find that you are going to have to turn the input pressure on your tank down some so that there is no reactivity. Don't quote me on this, because I don't keep up with the tournie life anymore.

jayloo
09-09-2004, 01:01 PM
Someone needs to sticky an official response to this or put in a mag FAQ.

All mags are legal.

Any gun that shoots more than once per trigger pull is not legal.
You can make a mag bounce like crazy.
Don't do that and ur fine.

FragTek
09-09-2004, 02:19 PM
Yeah what Jayloo said :) As long as it's not coming with an AR trigger frame ur good to go :cool:

Sac
09-09-2004, 02:23 PM
yea, you dont even have to mess with the input pressure really, just get the ULT tuned up good and it wont bounce. my backup can easily pass a bounce test. most refs are embarrased when they ask to check. haha.

agd rocks :headbang:

stylez se-r
09-11-2004, 10:15 AM
how do i tune the ult so i dont get any illegal bounce

Adrenaline_Junkie
09-11-2004, 11:00 AM
Add or remove shims on the ULT. They are the lil metal rings. You can also use LX shims which are twice as thick (i think) as ULT shims.

evo.end3R
09-11-2004, 11:14 AM
yes the LX shims are 2 times as thick as the ULT shims... for the xvalve i didnt use too many, about 4 but on my minimag valve i used like 9 shims, but they were kind of mixed and matched shims, the guy i bought the lvl10 and ult from just put all the shims in one bag

Adrenaline_Junkie
09-11-2004, 11:25 AM
Yeah, some people end up having to use a lot of shims and others dont. It usually depends on wha type of valve your using.