PDA

View Full Version : Legion does it....again?

Python14
09-09-2004, 04:12 PM
I'm hearing uncomfirmed reports that the Russian legion just mopped the floor with a certain team from Philly. Something like 15-9 or something. Anyone else?

68magOwner
09-09-2004, 04:36 PM
i wouldnt doubt it, with the way they practice/train, i wouldnt be supprised at all if they mop the floor with everyone for a while

camilion705
09-09-2004, 05:13 PM
Legion is awesome. If they had a larger pool of players in Russia to recruit from, they would be mopping up more often...

:hail: Bow down to the Legion :hail:

tony3
09-09-2004, 06:22 PM
Old news...There was a thread on this. They beat infamous and dynasty to win div 1 xball at philly. They beat infamous 15-6 I believe in the semi-final game. They beat dynasty by a nice margin as well.

Blazingace
09-09-2004, 06:31 PM
\
\\
\\\
\\\\
\\\\\
\\
\\
\\
\\

I think that he was talking about the exabition game at the Campagian (SP?) cup in the UK.

Go Legion.

Python14
09-09-2004, 07:07 PM
Yea, this was an exhibition game against Philly...but philly had a different name.

Everyone knows they beat Dynasty.

O_o
09-10-2004, 01:42 AM
Final Score - RL (13) v Philly (5)

I'm sorry if today's news is old news ;) jk . To clarify, like Blazing said, this was an exhibition match between Russian Legion and Philidelphia Americans. At one point there was a 9-2 lead :clap:

swanster
09-10-2004, 05:20 PM
they called themselves phillys finest. it was a mix between trauma and philly americans. I watched the game and it was amazing. Legion dominated the whole game

Python14
09-10-2004, 05:46 PM
Believe it or not, I'm looking forward to the day when the Europeans are the kings of paintball. Not because I have some mal-intended wish against the Americans, just because I think the Europeans are far more capable of dominating in the long run.

FSU_Paintball
09-10-2004, 05:53 PM
why's that?

Python14
09-10-2004, 06:10 PM
Social differences. How many major teams broke apart due to ego problems within the team? How often do you hear about European teams cheating as blatantly as teams like Dynasty?

Plus, how many American teams have financial backing like the legion?

Oh yea, and a little bit has to do with the fact I am sick of hearing about Dynasty, the americans, the assasins, etc....I want to see Joy Division. I want to see Ton Tons. I want to see Ugly Ducks. I want to see Legion. I want to see Tigers.

FSU_Paintball
09-10-2004, 06:20 PM
I've heard that the cheating in the euro leagues is actually pretty obvious.

Also, I don't think RL is winning because they're foreign, they're winning because they're funded, so paintball is a full-time job for them. Dynasty doesn't get to practice 5 times a week, they've got other jobs and college.

I think if american teams were funded like RL, then they would probably STILL be better. Because they wiped the floor with them when they were on "even ground" in terms of money.

tony3
09-10-2004, 06:22 PM
All those teams like joy division and ton tons have tried to play in american paintball and are never consistent enough to do good. Joy and tontons have placed a few times but nothing special. Legion is showing a new kind of paintball being formed. Practicing 5 days a week, physical training and being paid. This is going to be a new trend for pro paintball teams.

Python14
09-10-2004, 06:25 PM
I dunno. I just think Russian Legion may be in a position that everyone else, for the time being, can't reach. By the time everyone else is where Russian Legion is now, Russian legion will have stepped it up a notch.

1stdeadeye
09-10-2004, 07:17 PM
This is their first major win in America. Calm down. THey have a long way to go to prove they are the best. One win does not a season or dynasty make!

nato
09-10-2004, 07:31 PM
That was a fun game to ref! The Russians are some of the most honest, nicest group of guys around... and they play like no other.

N.A.T.O.

camilion705
09-10-2004, 07:46 PM
Oh yea, and a little bit has to do with the fact I am sick of hearing about Dynasty, the americans, the assasins, etc....I want to see Joy Division. I want to see Ton Tons. I want to see Ugly Ducks. I want to see Legion. I want to see Tigers.

My thoughts exactly. I really want to see more games featuring euro teams. Maybe I should move to Europe... ;)

Python14
09-10-2004, 07:48 PM
haha, I'm taking a trip to Norway for a month for a number of reasons, but one of which is to see European paintball

camilion705
09-10-2004, 07:51 PM
I envy you...

tony3
09-10-2004, 08:34 PM
This is their first major win in America. Calm down. THey have a long way to go to prove they are the best. One win does not a season or dynasty make!

First time on America Soil all season and they win a major US tourney, first time any European team has done that. Did we forget that they beat infamous twice, by BIG margins both times, and they basically tore dynasty to pieces?

nato
09-10-2004, 09:51 PM
the game dynasty won against the russians on field 1 xball... was pretty messed up. Russians should and would have won if it wernt for the way dynasty was playing. I respect the Russians for playing honest ball.

N.A.T.O.

1stdeadeye
09-11-2004, 06:13 AM
First time on America Soil all season and they win a major US tourney, first time any European team has done that. Did we forget that they beat infamous twice, by BIG margins both times, and they basically tore dynasty to pieces?

And Dynasty has torn them up in how many Millenium series events in a row? :rolleyes:

All I am sayong is one tourney doesn't make you the best. It needs to be followed up by consistency.

Lohman446
09-11-2004, 07:57 AM
Legion is showing a new kind of paintball being formed. Practicing 5 days a week, physical training and being paid. This is going to be a new trend for pro paintball teams.

First off, agreed.

Secondly I think this is sad. The day where you or I, funded by ourselves or some minimal sponsorship deal, could go out and compete with the "big boys" is coming to a quick end. Raw talent, dedication will no longer be enough. You will need the time, family structure, and fundage to practice (as they do in other pro sports) constantly. To me... well competetive paintball is fun and I will always do it on my level, but the chance of me (and many of us) ever working to the top echelons are rapidly fading due to this new trend. Just whining, stating an observation, I accept that that is how it is.

PBX Ronin 23
09-11-2004, 08:10 AM
When you play in the realm of 'black& white' instead of the 'grey area' that most teams have always done, in order to win you are forced to play the game to its mistake-free perfection. You combine that with athleticism and precision..........you get what I have always touted as the best team out there. The Russian Legion.

Watching them in action is indeed poetry in motion for me. Likewise for other students of the game who have watched them as well.

Trust me when I say that there will be a day of reckoning when teams that have relied on cheating in their repetoire will suffer most in the forthcoming environment. :headbang:

tony3
09-11-2004, 09:38 AM
And Dynasty has torn them up in how many Millenium series events in a row? :rolleyes:

All I am sayong is one tourney doesn't make you the best. It needs to be followed up by consistency.

Dynasty hasn't played Russian Legion all season up until Philly, because Russian Legion played EXL all season. Russian Legion is playing a game of paintball no other team is playing right now.

Python14
09-14-2004, 10:33 AM
I just watched the vid of the game between Legion and Philly/Trauma and holy crap, talk about some good play. Both sides had some really good play all game. However, it seemed everytime Finest had a good run thru that took 2 or 3 legion players down, one of the back cans would annialate the runner + one of there back cans just for the heartache the runner caused.

However, the best move came from the Legion player who came out of the p. box and tagged like 2 people right off.

Oh yea, and the last point is simply beautiful. Finest makes a push right off the break, sending 2 guys to the X and I think another to their left tape. The one on the tape gets tagged, then the two guys at the X try to push thru the cylinders and BAM, RL destroys them... Then as if getting smashed wasn't bad enough, RL pushed all the way up with like 4 players. Heck, their flag monkey runs past the two Finests that got eliminated on the Russian 40/30.

Beautifully played game on both sides....but RL just handed it out like candy at christmas.

undescriptive
09-14-2004, 10:53 AM
after camping @ campaign for the whole event, I can concour that the RL are just a totally different cut to the rest, great honest playing guys....

as I was saying to a bunch of mates (Tigers and a few others @ the table on saturday night) the RL may play hard, but they play fair, the American teams just seem to play vindictive - even down to the extra shots in the neck....

the other teams appriciate it when you shoot them in the gogs or pack, you know when you've been got, so don't be an a$$ and spin ;)

all in all, was the best X-ball field and event I have been to in the last year :clap: :headbang:

camilion705
09-14-2004, 05:58 PM
Python14I just watched the vid of the game between Legion and Philly/Trauma...

Where can I find that video...?

Python14
09-14-2004, 06:02 PM
Here (http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=644162)

camilion705
09-14-2004, 06:10 PM
Thank you sir ! :clap:

EDIT: Just finished watching them... :wow: That must be the best set of games I have ever seen! That last game was amazing! Hopefully this is just a taste of the quality of pball we will all be seeing in the future.

GO LEGION! :headbang: