PDA

View Full Version : Having some screen printed jerseys printed, need help...

SlipknotX556
09-09-2004, 08:23 PM
I am having some long sleeve jerseys screen printed with a logo, they said they charge by number of colors on the logo, but I have no clue, how many colors they would think this is... I dont know if I should count each color in the pattern or what....

quik
09-09-2004, 08:32 PM
Expect to pay alot if you have to pay for each color. There are about 200+ in that picture.

dj89
09-09-2004, 09:36 PM
that = arm/leg :rofl:

SlipknotX556
09-09-2004, 09:51 PM
that = arm/leg :rofl:

Thats what I was thinking. I dont know a price, I am going to a screen shop tommorow, to find out.

dj89
09-09-2004, 09:54 PM
you should try black and white much less $$$$ ;)

Kevmaster
09-09-2004, 10:18 PM
heres how screen printing works:

they make a screen and put one SOLID color through that screen. They then make more screens, one for each color, and put ONE color through EACH progressive screen.

Something like that wouldn't be doable to be screenprinted. The detail is too great. You could go digital, but that would only raise your costs ten fold. You'll have to drop the quality A LOT to get it to print. stick to 5-6 standard colors (of hte "32 Colors") to do it reasonalby.

SlipknotX556
09-09-2004, 10:22 PM
heres how screen printing works:

they make a screen and put one SOLID color through that screen. They then make more screens, one for each color, and put ONE color through EACH progressive screen.

Something like that wouldn't be doable to be screenprinted. The detail is too great. You could go digital, but that would only raise your costs ten fold. You'll have to drop the quality A LOT to get it to print. stick to 5-6 standard colors (of hte "32 Colors") to do it reasonalby.

Thanks Kev. I just received an email from an online screen printers, that I asked how much it would cost to do that logo. It would be around 50 bucks per jersey. So I am dropping the idea.

Thanks to all those that helped.

chairman_mao
09-10-2004, 08:09 AM
If you have that kind of fabric why not just stitch the outline on the jerseys as a patch? That may be more cost efective and even last longer.