PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Status Symbol ?

p8ntball72
09-09-2004, 09:13 PM
Back in the day if you were one of the only guys on the field with a simi you were the bomb.

Now everyone has a ramping electro with custom anno jobs..

So my question is IF you had unlimited funds.
What would be the "Ultimate Status Symbol" marker setup.
dont list the flavor of the week timmy or angel.
I'm talking about one of a kind setups custom to you.
something Like Z-man has...

*on a side note* AGD should call their new marker "The Status"

evo.end3R
09-09-2004, 09:16 PM
umm where have you been? the ultimate status symbol is carrying around a starbucks (starschmucks) coffee cup. like duuuuh everyone knows that! :tard:

p8ntball72
09-09-2004, 09:18 PM
Im so last week .. stuck on the Gucci barrel condoms :D

evo.end3R
09-09-2004, 09:23 PM
:D

umm i dunno, i think that ramping is kinda gay but everyone does it, join the band wagon, thats what my friend is doing. but i perosnally dont like ramping. i just got my lowers today and its really damn fast, and i play mid/back so its fast enough. why max out your reloader b? all your doing is wasting paint. the emag lowers are fast enough to me. i cant wait to go to the field to show it off, carbon fiber panels and batt pack w00t :clap: everyone will be like omg :hail: . acutally not really, once they realize its a mag they will be like your a ***, i got turned down by a team even tho i owned them all, just because i have a mag. they are bastards but i mean if I of all ppl can serve your entire team then you sux0rs. i have tryouts for the PMI factory team out of orbital on sunday....wish me luck!

anyway, sorry for hijacking! im out, gota run to starschmucks!

FragTek
09-09-2004, 09:26 PM
I'd be rocking a custom milled / anoed Cyborg with a one of a kind board and one-off programming including a color LCD display with every option known to man, maybe with some PalmOS and bluetooth wireless networking... never know, you might wanna check ur email in the middle of a game!

evo.end3R
09-09-2004, 09:28 PM
I'd be rocking a custom milled / anoed Cyborg with a one of a kind board and one-off programming including an LCD with every option known to man, maybe even Tetris :)

my friend has a bet with me, hes a sophmore, im a senior he says that if i can get this girl (the hottest freshman at my school) to go to homecomming with me than he'll give me his borg :D it will b easy unless someone alrady asked her, which is possible

Rather
09-09-2004, 09:28 PM
Make your own status symbol. :cool: Dont be a tool.

And hmm... i could go for that tetris borg.... :D

Z-man
09-09-2004, 09:29 PM
something Like Z-man has...[/B][/I][/COLOR]

yeah that's right, kiss the ring... :p

evo.end3R
09-09-2004, 09:30 PM

:spit_take

Stealthgerbil
09-09-2004, 09:30 PM
blue/black warp with gold glitter x-mag with an electro z-grip ( I know they dont exist, this is my dream), with matching dye titanium and FBM stilleto drop, Max-flo adjustable tank (68/4500), Blue Halo-B, Blue warp

Python14
09-09-2004, 09:42 PM
I dunno, I'd probably got with like a Voodoo Impulse or something relatively conservative. Reflects my playing style....cool, calm, and reserved. But when the chips are on the table and cards about to go down BAM, kick it into overdrive and knock you out before you realized you bet the farm, the family car, and your childs college fund on a game that I just took control of.

i_baked_cookies
09-09-2004, 09:56 PM
status for me is kicking the hell out of electros with a mech gun :D

oh, and the gucci barrel covers

Jeffy-CanCon
09-09-2004, 10:07 PM
The most impressive and status-conferring thing I have ever seen on a field is SKILL.

That said, the most impressive markers that comes to mind have always been pumps:

...At CC XVI last fall, Punisher's Customs had a custom-annoed pneumatic-assist Phantom that in the right hands could hit 13bps. Very impressive, especially in the hands of someone with the skills to really make the most of it.

...Or the 1-of-25 gold-plated laser-engraved Illusions that Action Markers gave away in 2002-03. Beautiful, valuable and cool, but too pretty to use.

...The "Franklin-stein Gun" was a PMI stock pistol built one Friday night in LI by CanCon co-founder Hugh Franklin from $10 worth of discarded parts. Not quite a PGP, not quite a PMI-1, it rocked. Accurate and reliable, and fearsome in the hands of a woodsball master like Hugh.

Chojin Man
09-09-2004, 10:09 PM
ultimate for me would be a protoype hAir.

SlipknotX556
09-09-2004, 10:38 PM
I think the ultimate status symbol now a day would be...

A black HK longsleeve jersey covered in gucci fabric. Wait, that gives me an idea :) .

_tMAN
09-09-2004, 11:00 PM
Having a mag when you are surrounded by Tippmann's

evo.end3R
09-09-2004, 11:07 PM
for me its having the best looking gun and having a mag surrounded by impulses

p8ntball72
09-09-2004, 11:20 PM
I think jeff got it..
"the 1-of-25 gold-plated laser-engraved Illusions that Action Markers gave away in 2002-03"
Those guns are "Money"
There should be a "Great American Paintball Marker Build Off" <----MY IDEA*

Who is the jesse james builder of paintball?

shatter_storm
09-09-2004, 11:35 PM
Gold plated Phantom with the internals polished, frantom barrel and matched detent, stock class loader and 12g quickchanger.

Oh, and the skill to rock the house with it.

Think about it, who needs a 30 bps painthog when you can one-shot gog people with a bling gun. Might not be a status symbol, but it sure would command respect.

Ratzo
09-10-2004, 12:02 AM
Gold plated Phantom with the internals polished, frantom barrel and matched detent, stock class loader and 12g quickchanger.

Oh, and the skill to rock the house with it.

Think about it, who needs a 30 bps painthog when you can one-shot gog people with a bling gun. Might not be a status symbol, but it sure would command respect.
I totally agree!
As it stands now people think my P68sc is the wildest thing when I pull it out to use.

gc82000
09-10-2004, 12:43 AM
A Titanuim bodied Xmag (light and strong)
but with a half battery pack (even lighter)
modded with a Predator II board. (I like it fast :D )
with a SM-1 Barrel system (Preferably titanium aslo)
uni mount, and a 68/5 tank (Make doesnt matter)
Halob ripped and Vboarded (need for speed when necesary)

As for all you guys out there saying "shooting fast proves you have no skills." Well I started out with a VM-68, cant much slower then that. Then to a mag and now to a A4. I use accuracy in my game. Not everyone with an Angel, timmy etc, uses the spray and pray technique. :p

Halliday
09-10-2004, 02:26 AM
Just about any marker with a paint-generating hopper. No more pesky refilling!

PBX Ronin 23
09-10-2004, 02:55 AM
Nasty Typhoon or the Double barreled 'Mag.

Tyger
09-10-2004, 03:04 AM
BAH!

Ultimate status symbol. Show up to the field in a long sleeved T-shirt, no logos. Plain black pants with minimal logos, pods and harness, and carry a non-descript paintgun. Sure, nobody will know you're the "Mac Daddy", but that's ok. That's the point.

You don't need to show off in the parking lot if you know you gots the goods under the hood.

-Tyger

Jeffy-CanCon
09-10-2004, 12:34 PM
BAH!

Ultimate status symbol. Show up to the field in a long sleeved T-shirt, no logos. Plain black pants with minimal logos, pods and harness, and carry a non-descript paintgun. Sure, nobody will know you're the "Mac Daddy", but that's ok. That's the point.

You don't need to show off in the parking lot if you know you gots the goods under the hood.

-Tyger

Now, now Tyger. That's not answering the question. While I might agree with you, what the young man asked for was "the Ultimate Status Symbol marker setup. " What marker could a player carry that would make you automatically give them respect?

Kaiser Bob
09-10-2004, 12:40 PM
Walk onto the field with a desert duck, stock class style.

The kiddies might not get it, but a veteran will go :hail:

vonort
09-10-2004, 12:41 PM
Pre Dye Carter Comp. :shooting: :dance:

temps
09-10-2004, 02:29 PM
Custom E-bladed Blazer :cool:

Tyger
09-10-2004, 02:30 PM
Now, now Tyger. That's not answering the question. While I might agree with you, what the young man asked for was "the Ultimate Status Symbol marker setup. " What marker could a player carry that would make you automatically give them respect?

Ok, ok...

Stock Phantom. "Woah... he's GOTTA be good / nutz to go out with just THAT!" :rofl: :ninja:

-Tyger

rkjunior303
09-10-2004, 02:41 PM
It's just getting "the nod" lol

68magOwner
09-10-2004, 02:43 PM
any custom excal

dre1919
09-10-2004, 05:04 PM
I'm actually building my status symbol marker right at the moment, so it's ALL good. I'm talkin' about a modified, 2000 series Ripper Angel with custom artwork on it in a theme. Once I get more done on it I'm actually going to post a thread showing it's progress.

It will be the bomb, I kid you not.

DiSoRdeR
09-10-2004, 05:07 PM
As some people have already said, Im saying a Phantom. Always the first to be picked for a team ;)

Doobie
09-10-2004, 05:43 PM
A one of a kind autographed by TK X-mag with a warp and 12v mod/ on/off switch by Havoc and a HALO. Oh..wait...That IS my gun! :dance: It really does turn heads and I get looks and comments everytime I show up to play. No one even looks at the Timmy of the week!

Aside from that, there are some nice custom guns from Palmer's or Punishers that would be sweet! I have seen them do some nice stuff to just about everything!

p8ntball72
09-10-2004, 07:36 PM
OK...I think I need to explain this a little better..
Im glad to see that Alot of players are saying Stock guns for their "Status" marker..

When I started playing {1989}...Part of the fun was sitting at the truck talking about mods that everyone had for their guns..Home made T stocks, 12 oz cal style ca setups, and the latest PVC loader that a guy made in his garage.
The custom stuff that Tinkerers would work on all week, stock gun or otherwise..

The "Status" part came from... the guy in the parking lot that had the most Custom home- made rig that worked awsome on the field..
something that you see and say..."I gotta get me one of those"

So im sitting here with 3 grand...
I want to BUILD something Retro..but also has "new school bling"

Blazestorm
09-10-2004, 08:24 PM
BAH!

-Tyger

That's what I do, but I'm a ninja... and I wear dye 2k4 pants... :p

Ninja to the max :ninja:

tony3
09-10-2004, 08:30 PM

-Tyger

I think the term you are looking for is Parking Lot Pro :D

Koosh
09-10-2004, 08:32 PM
Hurricane...

mmmm...hurricanes....

Jeffy-CanCon
09-10-2004, 08:43 PM
OK...I think I need to explain this a little better..
Im glad to see that Alot of players are saying Stock guns for their "Status" marker..

When I started playing {1989}...Part of the fun was sitting at the truck talking about mods that everyone had for their guns..Home made T stocks, 12 oz cal style ca setups, and the latest PVC loader that a guy made in his garage.
The custom stuff that Tinkerers would work on all week, stock gun or otherwise..

The "Status" part came from... the guy in the parking lot that had the most Custom home- made rig that worked awsome on the field..
something that you see and say..."I gotta get me one of those"

So im sitting here with 3 grand...
I want to BUILD something Retro..but also has "new school bling"

Oh. OK.

How about a hAir-triggered, warp-fed RT-Pro with a Y-grip and a custom-milled one-piece body, rail & foregrip. Empire barrel kit. Everything annodized bronze. Distinctive and classy, but not attention-whore shiny. No batteries, no artificially-inflated ROF, but more than enough firepower to get you in and out of trouble.

DarkRipper
09-10-2004, 08:50 PM
One of my friends played speedball with a phantom the other day...

For the original question... how about a Sandana jersey? That always got the oohs and aahs.

At least now it does.

;)

totalknockout
09-10-2004, 10:32 PM
ok a red 2 gold fade karta emag with c and c battery pack matching empire 11 peice kit also a shocky stumpy drop and empire on/off and dont ferget a lady shaped trigger and rogue strangler feedneck and snatch and a louis vittion purse for a tank cover :headbang:

Torbo
09-11-2004, 06:35 PM
i would say a tequila sunrise matrix. Theyre very rare. Or something like an ironmen matrix. Both are different that anything else, rare and awesome. I was shooting my friends tequila at a dynasty clinic, and i got tons of comments on it....from the dynasty guys and everything.

Kaiser Bob
09-11-2004, 07:00 PM
i would say a tequila sunrise matrix. Theyre very rare. Or something like an ironmen matrix. Both are different that anything else, rare and awesome. I was shooting my friends tequila at a dynasty clinic, and i got tons of comments on it....from the dynasty guys and everything.

You mean the tequila matrix... the tequila sunrise was a re-release and not as rare as the 1 run of maybe 20 tequila's they did.

Beemer
09-11-2004, 07:02 PM
BAH!

-Tyger

Right on.........Sleeper Stealth mode, all go no show, its great when you hear, who the heck what the heck was THAT

Form follows function...........Get some game

Creative Mayhem
09-12-2004, 10:11 PM
The ultimate status symbol for me would be one of two things..

A) rare old school marker (stock or otherwise)

B) a complete one off, something that fits the owner and his personality

I guess the choices are much like custom bikes, but it's all in the final product and presentation.

brianlojeck
09-13-2004, 06:59 PM
The most impressive and status-conferring thing I have ever seen on a field is SKILL.

(Brian scans the ads from the latest APG)

Skill... Skill... no, I don't think they make that anymore... the company went out of business in the mid-90's.

You still see a guy who kept his in working order every now and then, but most people have learned to do without...

BrockSampson
09-13-2004, 09:01 PM
I'm rather partial to the "Nasty" Typhoon myself...
Gets mucho respect from me! ;)

BrockSampson
09-13-2004, 09:04 PM
:spit_take
"Hopper of Plenty"
:rofl:

ghideon
09-13-2004, 09:32 PM
I don't have an idea of status symbol in paintball, per se. It's all about what you do on the field. I don't really think of them as status symbols, but here are some "Moments In Paintball" for me:

Gogging a player who had an Angel with my Tippmann 98C (Anti-siphon CO2 with a Stabilizer baby!)

Getting a bounce of the crotch of a player with an E-Cocker, and then marking him out on the next snapshot with a VSC Phantom.

Having my E-Mag go down on me in the middle of a game (cause I forgot to charge the battery), switching to mech mode, and then taking 4 people out to win the game. Seems they had forgot about the "back left standup" as I teched my gun.

Having someone offer me his upped Timmie in trade of my LVL 10 E-Mag (I said NO).

One of those rare times I play front with my RT ULE (it honestly makes me feel invicible) and getting 5 people out on a 10 v 10 (nevermind I'm 6 feet 2 inches, 230lbs and have no business playing front). It's all about attitude.

Not very big on the scale of things, but I will always remember them cause I either A) got luckier than those on the field, or B) out played those on the field. Didn't matter what the marker was. For me, it's not about what you use, it's all about how you use it.

Listerine
09-13-2004, 10:00 PM
For a primary, an Earon Carter Buzzard, black with green splash anno. Too pimp for words.

For backup, a Rasta fade (no marijuana crap) anno'ed X-Mag with the latest software, Rasta faded Reloader B (using dye), leopard skin (synthetic) tank cover on a 68/45 Flatline with a Gucci barrel condom.

Evil1
09-14-2004, 02:08 AM
This isn't relly answering the question, but I used to know this guy who played for the wild geese and whenever he would show up at the field, he would bring his cocker, but he would play against mags and cockers with just a PGP and he was untouchable! whenever he popped up you automatically knew that you or one of your teammates was going to be taking a walk. I think his name was Jason something. I don't know his last name, but he was awesome. He was a status symbol. He would bring like 50 paintballs with him and literally hit people with 95% of them.

Empyreal Rogue
09-14-2004, 05:00 PM
If I had unlimited funds...

--AGD X-Mag
--AGD Warp Right Breach and Vert. Breach
--Predator II Board with Eyes installed on both breaches
--LCD Display on Frame
--Fireblade Trigger
--Kila V2 Magnetic Detents
--Custom Q-Loader bracket (Fitted to mount in Battery Pack)
--DYE Ultralite (I just love these Barrels)
--Black to Dark Green Ano with Dust Finish (Match my AO Jersey)

Man oh man would that marker be great... *drools*

penguinpunk555
09-14-2004, 08:12 PM
Pink DM4 with my name milled on it.

That's my style folks.

FOOK YU!

Trina
09-14-2004, 08:26 PM
LOL!!! Can you imagine the LOOKS you'd get!! :wow:

I'd have to say something really girly...like bright pink with a big poodle annodized on it...so guys would laugh and be like OMG!!!! :eek: ...then I'd come up from behind them and :shooting: Haha!! I'm just kidding!! Really! (the thought has NEVER crossed my mind) ;)

Evil1
09-15-2004, 01:38 AM
Classic Rt with the weird powerfeed, a realtree camo sweatshirt, and a Vents goggle setup with goggleflauge.

Mechanic79
02-09-2005, 08:28 PM
A Devilmag with a X-mag body. (warp could then be optional)
Custom Anno and engraving

I think your attitude has a lot to say about your gun set up as well!

SAW
02-09-2005, 09:12 PM
Ok, ok...

Stock Phantom. "Woah... he's GOTTA be good / nutz to go out with just THAT!" :rofl: :ninja:

-Tyger
I don't know about the "good" part, but I've been called "crazy" on multiple occasions.

LudavicoSoldier
02-09-2005, 09:33 PM
One word: WESTWOOD

Empyreal Rogue
02-09-2005, 09:41 PM

That's easy. Just order a DevilMag with the Exile Body (Which is modeled off of the X-Mag body but for regular Automags) and you're in business. I had a plan to do that, actually.. Then I found a new love...

My ultimate status symbol, now, is:
-Black Dust Isis
-Q-Loader

That's it.

RogueFactoryKid
02-09-2005, 09:41 PM

DAWN OF THE THREAD

SpecialBlend2786
02-09-2005, 09:44 PM
Walk onto the field with a desert duck, stock class style.

The kiddies might not get it, but a veteran will go :hail:
:)

SpecialBlend2786
02-09-2005, 09:47 PM
That's easy. Just order a DevilMag with the Exile Body (Which is modeled off of the X-Mag body but for regular Automags) and you're in business. IThat's it.

Where did you hear the Exile was modeled off of the X-mag body......

Rogue uses ULE bodies for them.

paintballr87
02-09-2005, 09:47 PM
A completly custom bodied( possably carbon fiber ) Emag ,if it wasnt carbon fiber it would have a cazy cutom anno ( perlecent) Angle eyes, custom programmed board, Full set of dye Ultralite barrels ( or stiffi set to match the carbon fiber, Custom Warpfeed ( alot faster ), Maxflo tank,

Heck since I have unlimited funds -Ill got for the carbon fiber gun with the stiffi kit, Angle eyes, custom programmed board, Custom Warpfeed evil sicon tank

and the custombodied emag ( possably MQ valve)

Theres are too many options.

SAW
02-09-2005, 09:52 PM
I've always wanted a .68 cal blowgun...

Duzzy
02-09-2005, 10:20 PM
I vote for the "Grinder" only with a cool anno job, and find some way to hook an E2 (w/ 3 break beam eyes, manifolds, etc.) frame up to it so that it could fire even faster. I know that it isn't an autococker so it would probably be hard to do even if you could make one frame control 3 sets of pnuematics but it would be awesome.

FallNAngel
02-10-2005, 02:01 PM
What could a player have that would automatically make me give them respect? Good game.

germanman
02-10-2005, 02:49 PM
from one of my favorite firearms companies, this is my status symbol... :D
http://users.belgacom.net/jm.armes/fn303-te/fn303-te.htm

andreb
02-10-2005, 03:06 PM
There is really no one gun that I would say is an absolute status symbol simply because anyone with the appropriate amount of cash can go out and buy a similar gun and have it customized it to their liking. And since it's all abuot personal preference a gold annoed gun might impress someone more than a purple annoed one or vice-versa.

So if you are really made out of cash... I mean really, and you want to have the gun that would be considered the biggest stauts symbol of all you should make your own gun.

Star a company, buy a design or make your own, fully sponsor 15 pro teams, make sure the gun shoots good and sell it for US$ 1500.

Many people will buy he gun so it will definately not be exclusive but the combination of YOU holding the gun that has your name on it is the ultimate status symbol.

Vanced
02-10-2005, 03:17 PM
I've always wanted a .68 cal blowgun...

I think I got a piece of PVC around here somewhere for ya... :rolleyes:

To me...

#1…It'll be someday finally finding that feeling you walked onto the field with the marker that you can't be modified any more, you can't think of anything else it could or doesn't need... gives you absolute confidence behind it on the field or in the woods...and you can sell off any other of your gear that you aren't keeping just for the nostalgia... and you are not sure if you still even need to keep those...

And 2#....Would be to know without a doubt you'll NEVER EVER NEED another marker as long as you play this game no matter what the form...

Bottom line... the perfect paintball status symbol... will never exist truly for more than a split second because not only is the game and the gear changing constantly ... but we the players are as well...

But as for the current perfect paintball status symbol... Claire is about as close as we got... ;)

SCpoloRicker
02-10-2005, 03:18 PM
Something custom, like what Z-man has

Psh, I know Z-man.

He was sitting in the staging area,
fondling an Excal and an alias.

Saying "who's your rapid-fire daddy?
Who's your rapid-fire daddy?"

OT: CCM marine-camo J2 pump. Like M-A-S-S Driver's.

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=80660&stc=1

/Z-man is being pulled to the darkside. Trust me.

68magOwner
02-10-2005, 03:19 PM
custom excals?

tyrion2323
02-10-2005, 05:31 PM
I think that status is what you make of it.

Personally, I enjoy carrying around a ONE OF A KIND marker. Much more than just an ano-scheme, baby!

-Jacob

CrimsonTurkey
02-10-2005, 06:22 PM
#2 One Showing up in a one botton, two vent, notch lapel tux, with an all black mag, with four friends who match, under the team name "Cosa Nostra." It's fun every time.

#1 An X-mag set up exactly how you like it, and being able to say "I invented this." I envy Tom.

peewee
02-10-2005, 06:23 PM
If you want a mix of old school/ bling custom order a custom phantom from Brad at PBMAXX. I am working on a "cheese head" phantom. Green & yellow anno with Packers poolball pump. They are backed up so I havent orderd it yet but I am going to check in next week to see if I can place my order.

peewee
02-10-2005, 06:26 PM
Palmer has a blazer with the camo like that CCM marker!!!

Vanced
02-10-2005, 08:02 PM
"Camile"

Empyreal Rogue
02-10-2005, 10:21 PM
Where did you hear the Exile was modeled off of the X-mag body......

Rogue uses ULE bodies for them.

Whoa whoa! I never said they were made from the same material. I said they look the same. RF modeled the Exile Body off the X-Mag body, that's it. And by modeled I mean he used an X-Mag body as a model. To work off of. It was his inspiration. And he did a darn fine job too. That's all I'm saying and all I said.