PDA

View Full Version : Central Coast, CA

StevoC
10-26-2001, 05:00 PM
Anyone in Centeral CA played at TAG, Woodstalk, or Bear Valley? Please give opinions of each if yo uhave them....and list other fields in the Monterey/Santa Cruz area if you know of them.

Thanks

zads27
10-26-2001, 05:18 PM
TAG is pretty good, that's my home field, kinda.. I'm goin to school in San Diego now, but it was my home field.

It has a pretty good speedball course.. it gets very crowded if you play in the big groups, though.. The speedball is pretty condensed.. (the bunkers are pretty close together).. They are making a whole bunch of sup'air, hyperball, and other speedball fields, but those are only for tournaments and field sponsored teams.

they have a surrender option rule.
There are 4 other partially wooded hill fields with mostly manmade bunkers, the field fees are: 20 half day, 25 full day (free hot dogs for lunch), $70 for full case of diablo blaze paint and an all day air pass.

magman1031
10-26-2001, 05:47 PM
I denfinently agree with zad. Tag is first of all a lot better then bear creek. Bear creek used to have a North and South field but the north (really fun one) closed down and has not re-opened yet. At Tag they have four fields and really nice people working there with a good sense of humor, also they have free hotdogs (best part)! :) Ive never been to woodstock yet but Tag definently rules!

StevoC
10-26-2001, 10:38 PM
I've played Woodstock in all of it's locations: the SC mountains, off HWY 1 near Moss Landing, and where it is now located on old Ft. Ord. The SC mountains fields were great. Didn't lke the field off HWY 1, and the Ft.ord location is cool, especially since I live about 2 minutes away. His prices are fairly good too. (15.00 all day w/ field paint).