PDA

View Full Version : LX on a pump, Overkill?

Onryou
09-10-2004, 06:23 AM
Well, I'm going to be picking up a tuned X-Valve for my semi prety soon and was probably going to just put my tuned classic valve on my pump (just because it isn't quite as old as the other vavle). Do you guys think that a LX would even come into play on a pump mag?

_tMAN
09-10-2004, 09:04 AM
If your one of the hard core pump players that can shoot decently fast I'd say yes, go for it. But if you are still a beginner pump player I'd say it's not quite necessary. Unless you could find a good deal on one

TheTramp
09-10-2004, 09:08 AM
It can't hurt. You probably wouldn'y "need" it but remember that all your doing is cocking the gun with the pump so the bolt is coming forward just as fast. If somehow a ball didn't feed all the way you would chop.

Of course I just love L10 so I'd put it in just for the "coolness factor." :cool:

Muzikman
09-10-2004, 09:22 AM
Dayspring has Lvl10 in his pumpmag. It seems to work, but the problem is that it leaks. The way the pump mag works is by causing bolt stick. The Lvl10 doesn't really like that.

Jeffy-CanCon
09-10-2004, 12:14 PM
RKL tried L10 in his pump-mag last fall at CC, and found it problematic. He went back to the L7 bolt.

ScatterPlot
09-10-2004, 12:29 PM
The bolt's already closed when you fire a pump, how would it chop in a way other than you just sliding the pump foreward with a ball in there? The LX won't stop that.

NJPaint
09-10-2004, 01:06 PM
Dayspring has Lvl10 in his pumpmag. It seems to work, but the problem is that it leaks. The way the pump mag works is by causing bolt stick. The Lvl10 doesn't really like that.

Muzik, Dayspring has an X-Valve on his pump mag....

Muzikman
09-10-2004, 01:19 PM
Muzik, Dayspring has an X-Valve on his pump mag....

Umm, yeah, an X-valve with Lvl10...DAH! You CAN put a lvl7 bolt on an X-Valve.

Koosh
09-10-2004, 05:48 PM
Remember that mags can still chop because of the bolt speed cracking a ball thats "next in line"...

I used LX on my classic valved pump mag and it worked out fine. I'd definately reccomend it.

Koosh
09-10-2004, 05:48 PM
The bolt's already closed when you fire a pump, how would it chop in a way other than you just sliding the pump foreward with a ball in there? The LX won't stop that.

Pump mags don't fire from a closed bolt position.

Muzikman
09-10-2004, 05:54 PM
The idea of using the Lvl10 would be good, not just from not breaking paint, but so that the pump rod doesn't jam. The problem is that the way the pump mag operates, the Lvl10 leaks. In my mind, this is not right, and probably doesn't work all that well. I don't know if Nick ever chronoed his, but my guess is that gettting it to 280fps would be toungh.

Koosh
09-10-2004, 06:01 PM
You might have to go to a tighter carrier, but I never had a problem with my pump mag leaking in the "uncocked" position. I don't know, maybe it was a fluke.

BlackWeenie
09-10-2004, 07:54 PM
Do you guys think that a LX would even come into play on a pump mag?

no. i dont think it would be necessary

Dayspring
09-10-2004, 08:59 PM
Nope. I haven't chronoed it yet. No paint here to do so. Will do it when I get back from the Mid-West.

The idea of using the Lvl10 would be good, not just from not breaking paint, but so that the pump rod doesn't jam. The problem is that the way the pump mag operates, the Lvl10 leaks. In my mind, this is not right, and probably doesn't work all that well. I don't know if Nick ever chronoed his, but my guess is that gettting it to 280fps would be toungh.