PDA

View Full Version : theunholytrinity.org is pissing me off!!!!

InfinatyBPS
10-26-2001, 05:50 PM
On the forums I am noticing that there is somthing that is getting loaded from there. I am guessing it is a sig image. I keep trying to load threads and the whole thing stops loading trying to load somthing from there and it never finishes. Even if you press stop you still see it saying that its trying to connect to the server. Can someone please explain whats up with this? And whover is using an image or somthing from there please stop I cant see any threads that you post in.

shartley
10-26-2001, 05:55 PM
Can you identify the thread it is in? I will then go take a peek and see who is using it for you.

(Added Note: He then signed off. I just don't want a couple people to ruin a good thing for the rest of us. If the images causing the problem can be identified, which is fairly easy to do, we can deal with it on an individual basis. I am beginning to see a pattern of lumping all people and things in ONE category. If a couple people are using images that are negatively affecting a large portion of the users, THOSE images should be dealt with, not all images. I am sure Webby and the other Moderators will do the right thing... and this added part was NOT for them, but for those who have a problem with SOME images and like to infer that ALL images should be banned. I DO thank InfinatyBPS for pointing out what Domain was causing the problem.. but next time could we please also have a Thread to examine as well? This would show EXACTLY who is using the image, and allow the individual issue to be resolved. Thank you all for your understanding.)

Thordic
10-26-2001, 07:45 PM
Yeah, this is the same guy who caused me to get pissed off the other day.

His name is MJS something, I think.

shartley
10-26-2001, 07:58 PM
If you run across this again, could you let either one of the Moderators know the Thread it happened in, or myself (since I don't have that problem) and they (or I, or whoever) could go and check it out? It would probably make it easier to take care of the problem, and I know it will not be hard to identify once the right Thread is known.

Thanks in advance.

InfinatyBPS
10-27-2001, 01:16 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14869

shartley
10-27-2001, 01:26 PM
That was MJS1214 that used the graphics in question. Although the page loaded fine for me. Sounds like a slow connection on your end, and being timed out issue? I am unsure.

Maybe Webby can look into it more. I know those graphics (the elves) being hosted on that server are being used by MANY people, not just MJS1214, so this would be a hard call to make.

I pass it on to the Admin.

(added note: That would make it an Elves Issue, and not a Signature Image one. ;) )

CHl2IS
10-27-2001, 06:13 PM
i told you those damn elves were evil.....