PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Francis Aftermath Pics and Videos

pumaking
09-10-2004, 12:57 PM
Well guys I live in Florida and this past weekend we got hit by Hurricane Frances. Frances originally was a CAT4 hurricane reaching speeds of 145mph but luckily before it touched land it had died down and dropped to a CAT2 reaching speeds of 105mph. Frances was probably the biggest hurricane Florida has been hit by in size not strength it practically covered the whole state. Anyways I live in Boca Raton and when the hurricane hit the eye was about 78 miles wide reaching from Boca Raton to Port St. Lucie and stretching a bit more up north almost to orlando. We went without power for 6days we lost about $600 worth of food and other necessity. Luckily b/c our house is a CBS (Concrete Built Structure) we received no damage what so ever to our house. It sucked having no power for 6days trying to sleep when it was hot and humid and no air conditioning, but we managed to pull through. Unfortunatly some parts of the state werent lucky, its estimated that 1.5 million people are still without power and some of them might not get it back until October 5th b/c of the damage. Thankfully we prepared our selves charged up everything and was able to take videos and pictures of before and after the hurricane. I hope you guys enjoy the footage and realize how much destruction happened.

Hurricane Pictures (http://www.pb-addict.com/~modaccess/HurricanePics/)

Hurricane Videos (http://www.pb-addict.com/~modaccess/HurricaneVideos/)

cphilip
09-10-2004, 01:36 PM
Cool stuff. Glad your OK. Thanks for sharing that stuff. Its worth watching guys.

fire1811
09-10-2004, 02:08 PM
hmmm wierd here in Illinois are trees grow up and down not side to side :confused:

might want to check into that

:D

sabrefanpc
09-10-2004, 02:19 PM
glad to hear your ok man. btw cbs is concrete block stucco isnt it? i dunno. but yeah im in the psl area and got pretty much the same views. but to clarify, all the damgge reports on tv arent always true. i say some guy on abc i think talkin about how sewwals point was decimated and no docks are left. well my ex lives there, on the water even, and her house is fine as is her dock. just tryin to sell the story i guess. they say its worse than andrew. i was in homestead, i saw what andrew did, and this is childsplay compared to andrew. still havent been able to see the beach. nat gaurd troops wont let me accross. :cry: