PDA

View Full Version : To Expand or not to Expand *Whispering Death by Air americia*

sivioke
09-10-2004, 03:13 PM
well This will be my last post for the day, Ill stop bugging all you but first what about expansion chambers, When I used to play these were all the rage to keep liquid out of your gun and allow for cold weather playing, anyway I went so far as to get two of them, one an ANS that attaches inbetween the tank and a remote ( could also be used vertical but I choose not too, it has seven chambers) and the other a whispering death high line by air amercia if anyone rembers those. Anyway in reading the posts I came across a thread about the old smart parts "box thingy that would hang off the side of the regulator.....you know, lowers the pressure or something, anyway someone responded that besides it being a piece of garbabge it would also cause your recharge rate to fall increasing the liklyhood of a shoot down.

Quote:
The black box is an external volume chamber (that was before the term "volumizer" was coined) that mounted on a 'mag basically adding added gas space between the on/off and the power tube. Basically, with a larger volume of gas used for each shot, the 'mag now operated at a lower pressure. It also, by necessity took longer to recharge, increasing the possibility of shoot-down.

PCRI tested the claims of increased range and found little to no significant change in range (if I recall they found none at first, and the second test, in a small sample there was something like a 5 foot difference).

Anyway this post made me think about expansion chambers and raised these questions

1. Will expansion chambers cause your rechange rate to fall????

2. Blackbox sound to me like a crapy expansion chamber, is it? not that it matter just courios.

3. I have stripped the sleve on my whispering deather expansion chamber so air leaks out the side any sugestions on how to fix it???? Has that hardline not steel braided hose

4. Should I bag expansion chambers altogether????

thanks again, that all for today I promise

Blennidae
09-10-2004, 03:32 PM
First of all welcome to AO.

I read parts of your other post and yours is a familliar story. A lot of us have been in the same situation.

Before you start thinking about upgrades, ask yourself how much do you want to spend.

If the fields where you plan to play have HPA fills, you might consider going that route instead of hassling with the CO2 and expansion chambers.

If its in your budget and HPA is readily available, you might want to look into picking up an X-valve and a HPA tank to go with it. If weight is a concern for you at all, an X-valve is quite a bit lighter than the SS classic valves, and they come with L10.

Mags have come a long way in the past few years. Just about only thing that hasn't changed is the quality.

sivioke
09-10-2004, 10:50 PM
Anyone else with any ideas on this subject????